Squeezing more goodness out of decarboxylated weed - This can save you some money!

BigHeadTodd

Since most of the MIPS I consume are in the form of cannacoconut oil used of toast, I have to decarboxylate my weed to make it psychoactive. I use a Magical Butter Machine (MB2e) to infuse the decarbed weed into the oil and I do two pints at a time. I always felt funny about throwing out the weed (two ounces of bud each cycle) that was left over after the process, so I started stockpiling the leftover bud in the freezer. The other day I noticed that I had about eight of these remainders - each tied up in its own piece of cheese cloth that it had been strained through. I took these eight cheesecloth wrapped bundles, each a little bigger than a golf ball, and put them in a double boiler. Then I threw in a pound of butter. This didn't completely cover the used weed so I added water until they were all under liquid. I let this brew for several hours while stirring occasionally with a metal spoon. (Don't use a wooden spoon as it can absorb some of the goodies.) I had no idea what to expect. My thought was that even if it was not psychoactive it would still be butter. :laughtwo: I finished the process by putting it into the refrigerator so that the butter could harden and separate from the water. The next morning I had a nice, thick piece of green cannabutter sitting on the top of the dish. I melted two tablespoons of this cannabutter and put it on two slices of Pepperidge Farms Cinnamon Raison Swirl toast. That was a lot of butter but, man, did it taste good! An hour later I was thoroughly elevated and remained that way for five or six more hours. I am guessing that this was a 50mg or more dosage based on previous experiences. Beautiful! I am still experimenting because I don't know if I could have put in two pounds of butter instead of one with similar results. I don't know if I could have used only four bags of used weed instead of eight. All I know right now is that the weed I used to throw away still works! I hope this helps save everybody some money!

Back
Top Bottom