Cooking with infrared induction Nuwave - Help

branson111190

Okay so I already know how to make edibles , but thought of using the Nuwave induction cooktop which uses infrared to heat food . I covered tight with tinfoil and lid over ground up cannabis and set the temp to 280 degree's F . A chart said 293 for seven minutes , but I wanted to keep some CBD intact so I set it to 280 and planned on letting it decarb for 8 minutes . After 2 minutes I heard sizzling but thought it was water , another minute later , I smelled a strong cannabis odor , almost like it was burning but not quite , so I took it off the cooktop and when I opened the foil I was greeted with smoke and all of the cannabis burned .............. I'm still so mad that I can't even react lol . I'm just calm . With an undertone of wanting to murder the life force of all nuwaves if they have one .
So I guess , does anyone have an EDUCATED OR EXPERIENCED answer as to why , after 3 minutes at 280 , it fucking burned all of my herb ? It was supposed to be medicine but looks like someone will have to do without until I can make it using my normal method : decarb at 290 for 7 mins in toaster oven then extract in oil .
3 minutes , at 280 , when it barely turns it golden brown with my other method , at a higher temp , for 7 mins .
Is infrared THAT strong ? The temp had to go above or around 400 for it to burn , and it's working fine . WTF ????

Back
Top Bottom