Am I doing it right? Weed in alcohol

captainRPG

does leaving weed in alcohol, infuse the alcohol with thc?
i been doing researchand finding that people are saying i should heat the weed and vodka up together.
but i have read before that just leaving the weed to sit in alcohol for a couple of week will infuse the alcohol with thc. the long you leave it the strong it will be?

so basically my question is, am i doing it right by just leting the weed sit in alcohol for a couple weeks or am i missing a step?

Green dragon is arguably the simplest, most effective infusion you can do. Make sure you decarb; utopian time and temp unknown. I've tried several and happy with 240 for 40 mins. I'm sure others are having good results with a variety of different formulas. You can actually skip decarbing if you can be patient for it to soak for about four months. Cannabis will actually decarb naturally under right environment. Next, don't, don't, don't use any alcohol less the 151 proof, 190 much better if you can get it. A word of caution, don't risk more weed than you have to on a new to you process. I rendered almost six ounces useless trying to figure out what I was doing wrong with my MBM. My first few green dragon extractions were with 6-7 grams. If you're going to use this amount, it will require about 5 oz of alcohol. Many use heat but I found some lab results comparing hot versus freezer methodology using the same lot of pot. The lab results showed the freezer method extractied almost 50% more thc. So, I'm in. The next step is to place your 6-7 grams of moderately ground bud, shake, trim or whatever in a sealed jar. Do the same with approximately 5 oz of hopefully 190 proof grain alcohol in a separate sealed jar. Place both in a freezer for 24 hrs. During this period, shake the weed jar vigorously a couple of times. After shaking you can roll the jar around a bit and you'll probably notice some brown dust in the corners. These are the trichomes husks that have frozen and broken off making them much easier for the alcohol to reach all surfaces. After 24 hours, pour 2.5-3 ounces of the still frigid alcohol into the cannabis and shake vigorously for 5 minutes. Place both jars back into the freezer for 2 hours. Take your pot/alcohol mixture out and shake for another 5 minutes. Pour it up into a strainer of some type, finer the better and squeeze as much of the infused alcohol out as possible. Place your semi dry pot back in the original jar and pour the remaining alcohol into it and shake once again for five minutes. Pour this quick rinse mixture through the strainer and into the same jar with your first strained amount. Of course, again squeeze out as much as possible. You'll still have a lot of unwanted sediment in your now green dragon. A couple of passes through paper coffee filters will clear it up beautifully. If the potency falls short of your expectations, it's a simple matter to allow a fan to blow over it for a short period to reduce it. Make sure your in a well ventilated area since alcohol fumes are seriously volatile. I generally use about .5ml after it's been reduced to 2 oz.

A couple of points behind the methodology: Chlorophyll and most other nasty tasting meanies are water soluble. However, long soak times in alcohol can also leach these out to a certain degree. 190 proof alcohol contains at least 5% water by volume. When we introduce our grain alcohol to sub freezing temps of course it wont freeze. Nor does it freeze the five percent water content but the water is rendered molecularly unable to absorb any of the water soluble ingredients ensuring a better tasting GD. The longer you allow it to soak the worse it will taste and letting it soak for any longer will probably not leach any additional thc out. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom