Canna's Cooking with Cannabis!

Ive been asked to start a Cannabis cooking journal. I'm hoping we can all come together here to share cannabis recipes for edibles, oils, capsules. Anything you can ingest, hell, we can even talk about cannabis suppositories. I've taken them. It's not nearly as bad as it sounds. Lol!

These are the first edible pics I came across in the gallery. It's Sue's brownie recipe. It's amazing! You can't really taste the marijuana in the brownies. I'll go dig up the recipe Sue shared with me and share it here.

BROWNIES: Step 1 - Decarb the bud

Weigh out eight grams. Good grief, look at how beautiful these buds are!

Gently break the buds apart into the baking dish. No need to get crazy with it. It's much easier to break up when it's done decarbing. Seal the dish up tight in the oven roasting bag and toss into the oven - 225 degrees F - for 30 minutes.

It just came out of the oven. I'll give it 15 min to cool a bit and then into the freezer for an hour to help the vapors settle. Those vapors are valuable terpenes and flavinoids that I want in my meds. I'm not sure how many are lost in the brownie-baking portion of this adventure, but I'll keep this step in. It hurts nothing to make the effort.

Ahhhh....... I'll have brownies in the morning. I have my mango and my apigenin all ready to go. A little priming of the receptors and some competitive inhibition to get more cannabinoids into the system.

BROWNIES: Step 2 - Prepare the oil

It's been an hour in the freezer. Time to crumble it up.

I prefer to do this by hand. It's tedious, I suppose, but it also gives me ample opportunity to infuse it with healing intention. Of course, I'm an aging hippie, remember?

Toss the plant material into a pie pan and add 1/3 cup of cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil. Yes, it's a strange choice for brownies, but these are medicine as much as food and the olive oil is a long-chained fatty acid that will be absorbed into the lymphatic system. That skips the first pass through the liver and gets more cannabinoids into play, able to help my body reach homeostasis. The intense chocolate of the brownie mix and the caramel drizzle mask these odd flavors completely for me. I've actually grown fond of it. It's the taste of healing in my mind. Feel free to use coconut oil instead if you're looking for the buzz. It hits even faster.

To assist that process along I added about a half tablespoon of liquid sunflower lecithin. Lecithin speeds up the absorbtion process, among other beneficial things it has to offer. That's just the benefit I'm most interested in here.

Thoroughly stirred, it goes back into the oven bag and back into the 225 degree F oven for an hour.

After it cools a bit it goes into the refrigerator overnight. In the morning I simply prepare brownies according to the box instructions, using the oil mix as the oil addition. I'll also throw in a splash of hemp seed oil, just to give it an extra bit of healthy moisture to make up for all the plant material in the olive oil, and bake.

Life is sweet guys.

BROWNIES:Step Three - Making the brownies

The oil mix is removed from refrigeration and stirred throughly.

Add the boxed mix, 2 organic eggs, a splash of hemp seed oil and a splash of water. I never measure the extra oil or water. At 62 cooking's come instinctive enough I don't need to bother being that precise. I like the fact that the hemp oil adds more cannabinoids to the mix, albeit none that are known to be psychoactive on their own. I have great faith in the entourage effect and the synergy I know is going on here.

Leave nothing behind. If I could have gotten my tongue into the bottom of that bowl I'd have licked it clean. I'm telling you, I licked that tiny spatula, the pie pan, and the bowl and this oil's kicking my butt already. Tingly body rushes coming in waves and that sweet edgy buzz that SweetSue so thoroughly appreciates.

Drizzle the caramel onto the surface, score with a knife and bake for 35 minutes.

They're baking now. I have about 10 minutes left before they're finished, which gives me enough time to quickly shower and start breakfast, so I have something in my stomach a half hour before I eat my dose. I'll have some mango and take some apigenin as the brownies cool to get the receptors primed and get that competitive inhibition going.

Ooooo...... Nice buzz going here. Quite surprising in its effect. Maybe I want to try a half dose of these brownies. I think I found my supercharged method.

The apartment smells fabulous! Brownies in the oven and buds drying in the hall. I'm thinking they're fragrant enough I may hang them in a tent to finish drying and let the filter control the smell. I'm at the end of the block, so to speak, so it's not the concern it'd be for anyone else in the building, but still........

Ahhh..... A bit of normal again. *sigh of deep relief*

These are a couple pics of the ones I made.

10bbfb74cfe018535b94818c732aad5e.jpg

0a156cda9232b1f6ab68dc96a87c913b.jpg

11468eb52e0b63e3e93f0f8a02606440.jpg

Ive been asked to start a Cannabis cooking journal. I'm hoping we can all come together here to share cannabis recipes for edibles, oils, capsules. Anything you can ingest, hell, we can even talk about cannabis suppositories. I've taken them. It's not nearly as bad as it sounds. Lol!

These are the first edible pics I came across in the gallery. It's Sue's brownie recipe. It's amazing! You can't really taste the marijuana in the brownies. I'll go dig up the recipe Sue shared with me and share it here.

BROWNIES: Step 1 - Decarb the bud

Weigh out eight grams. Good grief, look at how beautiful these buds are!

Gently break the buds apart into the baking dish. No need to get crazy with it. It's much easier to break up when it's done decarbing. Seal the dish up tight in the oven roasting bag and toss into the oven - 225 degrees F - for 30 minutes.

It just came out of the oven. I'll give it 15 min to cool a bit and then into the freezer for an hour to help the vapors settle. Those vapors are valuable terpenes and flavinoids that I want in my meds. I'm not sure how many are lost in the brownie-baking portion of this adventure, but I'll keep this step in. It hurts nothing to make the effort.

Ahhhh....... I'll have brownies in the morning. I have my mango and my apigenin all ready to go. A little priming of the receptors and some competitive inhibition to get more cannabinoids into the system.

BROWNIES: Step 2 - Prepare the oil

It's been an hour in the freezer. Time to crumble it up.

I prefer to do this by hand. It's tedious, I suppose, but it also gives me ample opportunity to infuse it with healing intention. Of course, I'm an aging hippie, remember?

Toss the plant material into a pie pan and add 1/3 cup of cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil. Yes, it's a strange choice for brownies, but these are medicine as much as food and the olive oil is a long-chained fatty acid that will be absorbed into the lymphatic system. That skips the first pass through the liver and gets more cannabinoids into play, able to help my body reach homeostasis. The intense chocolate of the brownie mix and the caramel drizzle mask these odd flavors completely for me. I've actually grown fond of it. It's the taste of healing in my mind. Feel free to use coconut oil instead if you're looking for the buzz. It hits even faster.

To assist that process along I added about a half tablespoon of liquid sunflower lecithin. Lecithin speeds up the absorbtion process, among other beneficial things it has to offer. That's just the benefit I'm most interested in here.

Thoroughly stirred, it goes back into the oven bag and back into the 225 degree F oven for an hour.

After it cools a bit it goes into the refrigerator overnight. In the morning I simply prepare brownies according to the box instructions, using the oil mix as the oil addition. I'll also throw in a splash of hemp seed oil, just to give it an extra bit of healthy moisture to make up for all the plant material in the olive oil, and bake.

Life is sweet guys.

BROWNIES:Step Three - Making the brownies

The oil mix is removed from refrigeration and stirred throughly.

Add the boxed mix, 2 organic eggs, a splash of hemp seed oil and a splash of water. I never measure the extra oil or water. At 62 cooking's come instinctive enough I don't need to bother being that precise. I like the fact that the hemp oil adds more cannabinoids to the mix, albeit none that are known to be psychoactive on their own. I have great faith in the entourage effect and the synergy I know is going on here.

Leave nothing behind. If I could have gotten my tongue into the bottom of that bowl I'd have licked it clean. I'm telling you, I licked that tiny spatula, the pie pan, and the bowl and this oil's kicking my butt already. Tingly body rushes coming in waves and that sweet edgy buzz that SweetSue so thoroughly appreciates.

Drizzle the caramel onto the surface, score with a knife and bake for 35 minutes.

They're baking now. I have about 10 minutes left before they're finished, which gives me enough time to quickly shower and start breakfast, so I have something in my stomach a half hour before I eat my dose. I'll have some mango and take some apigenin as the brownies cool to get the receptors primed and get that competitive inhibition going.

Ooooo...... Nice buzz going here. Quite surprising in its effect. Maybe I want to try a half dose of these brownies. I think I found my supercharged method.

The apartment smells fabulous! Brownies in the oven and buds drying in the hall. I'm thinking they're fragrant enough I may hang them in a tent to finish drying and let the filter control the smell. I'm at the end of the block, so to speak, so it's not the concern it'd be for anyone else in the building, but still........

Ahhh..... A bit of normal again. *sigh of deep relief*

These are a couple pics of the ones I made.

10bbfb74cfe018535b94818c732aad5e.jpg

0a156cda9232b1f6ab68dc96a87c913b.jpg

11468eb52e0b63e3e93f0f8a02606440.jpg

Amazing!!! I'm seriously impressed! :bravo:

I'm looking forward to cooking with cannabis and was wondering how did the brownies turn out?

Today I'm infusing some olive oil to be used in caps, or for cooking.

I started with 14g of Heavyweight Fruit Punch buds. I ground them up in our coffee grinder. Worked like a charm. The buds weren't super dry, so I'm not too worried about dust being made and not being able to go through the filter.

Next thing I did was measure 325 ml of extra virgin olive oil. It went into a pint canning jar. Then I put the buds in the oil mix. Cover the jar and put in the oven at 170° for 24-36 hrs. I did NOT decarb the buds first. The idea is it will decarb itself in the oil during the 24-36 hrs.

I'll post a pic when I take it out later.

I've been doing my infused oils in a crock pot. I'm looking forward to how your method turns out in the oven. :)
I thought about doing a water bath in a croc pot. I bet that would save on energy also. I'll have to try that next time. I've got a thermometer so I'd be able to check the water temp. On second thought, I need to decarb some buds for cco. Maybe I'll switch to the croc pot now and use the oven for decarbing. Nice! I like the way you think.

:thanks: :passitleft:

I thought about doing a water bath in a croc pot. I bet that would save on energy also. I'll have to try that next time. I've got a thermometer so I'd be able to check the water temp. On second thought, I need to decarb some buds for cco. Maybe I'll switch to the croc pot now and use the oven for decarbing. Nice! I like the way you think.

:thanks: :passitleft:

I have this buffet mini crock set. There are three small crockpots, all with separate temp controls on the unit. I do infused oils, using 3 different strengths and different oils. I love that thing!

Nice, I like the photos, I'm sure many ppl will find this helpful.
And I want to share my experience: I use my blender to prepare my cococanna oil as it is very fast and throughout process. I have blender capable of 33000rpm and 0,66 gal container. I decarb the plant then I add some water for cooling (it gets almost boiling hot), and blend for 30 minutes, I guess it can be done in 15 even. It grounds the plant matter to very very fine dust. The ratio for buds to oil is a matter of personal preference to me. Since I do not eat eggs and butter I have made raw (almost) variation of one recipe, and now you can make variations of my variation to get yourself your variation of my variation so there is my variation:
1/2 cup of coco oil
1/3 cup of raw cocoa powder
2+ bananas
1/2 cup of dates (re-hydrate if dry)
1/2 cup+ of your favorite nuts (finely chopped)
piece of vanilla husk
pinch of salt

Mix properly, you can use something else to sweeten this (or not and make it with more cocoa). You can swap bananas for avocado. Cocoa for carob. It is up to you! Be sure you can turn the dates into a goo, put it onto baking paper and them place into freezer, then put it into fridge hour before serving (or not). It is healthy and super tasty, and just disappears into your mouth. Hope you will try this. Have a good one! :Namaste:

Nice, I like the photos, I'm sure many ppl will find this helpful.
And I want to share my experience: I use my blender to prepare my cococanna oil as it is very fast and throughout process. I have blender capable of 33000rpm and 0,66 gal container. I decarb the plant then I add some water for cooling (it gets almost boiling hot), and blend for 30 minutes, I guess it can be done in 15 even. It grounds the plant matter to very very fine dust. The ratio for buds to oil is a matter of personal preference to me. Since I do not eat eggs and butter I have made raw (almost) variation of one recipe, and now you can make variations of my variation to get yourself your variation of my variation so there is my variation:
1/2 cup of coco oil
1/3 cup of raw cocoa powder
2+ bananas
1/2 cup of dates (re-hydrate if dry)
1/2 cup+ of your favorite nuts (finely chopped)
piece of vanilla husk
pinch of salt

Mix properly, you can use something else to sweeten this (or not and make it with more cocoa). You can swap bananas for avocado. Cocoa for carob. It is up to you! Be sure you can turn the dates into a goo, put it onto baking paper and them place into freezer, then put it into fridge hour before serving (or not). It is healthy and super tasty, and just disappears into your mouth. Hope you will try this. Have a good one! :Namaste:
I like the sound of this recipe. What do you call it?

I've made caramel before and it had a strong almost green flavor. Does yours taste like that?

It doesn't normally. The vanilla extract or almond extract I use cover it up fairly well. I add more than recipes call for. And my butter for the caramels is not usually this strong, so I have a feeling this one is going to taste pretty strong this time. ;-)
Adding the sea salt on top of it after it cools a little (so it doesn't melt into the caramel) helps too.

It doesn't normally. The vanilla extract or almond extract I use cover it up fairly well. I add more than recipes call for. And my butter for the caramels is not usually this strong, so I have a feeling this one is going to taste pretty strong this time. ;-)
Adding the sea salt on top of it after it cools a little (so it doesn't melt into the caramel) helps too.
Let me know how it goes. I'd love to try to make caramel out of canna coconut oil. I wonder if that's a possibility. The canna coconut oil doesn't pick up the green flavor like the butter does.

I'm pretty sure I've seen recipes that substitute coconut oil for the butter. And some that use coconut sugar as well.
Sounds like something worth trying for sure.

:circle-of-love:

I did a different recipe this time too, it's supposed to be a soft and chewy caramel instead of very firm.
Called for heavy cream, but I used evaporated milk as a substitute. This is going to be a whole new caramel version for me. :laugh:

I like the sound of this recipe. What do you call it?

Well lets call it Cocopacanabanana Brownies, hehe. I just called it Raw Brownies as the taste is similar. It is brown it is yummy and goes well into my tummy. You can add orange peels instead of the vanilla. Put chopped strawberries on top. I mean it pretty easy to make and you cannot make it bad.

I'm pretty sure I've seen recipes that substitute coconut oil for the butter. And some that use coconut sugar as well.
Sounds like something worth trying for sure.

:circle-of-love:

I did a different recipe this time too, it's supposed to be a soft and chewy caramel instead of very firm.
Called for heavy cream, but I used evaporated milk as a substitute. This is going to be a whole new caramel version for me. :laugh:
That sounds like a slightly healthier caramel. The evaporated milk probably tastes better than the heavy cream in it. Good call there!

Back
Top Bottom