Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: CannaButter In 7 Easy Steps!

Plant and Member of the Month Winner (April 11') Plant of the Year 2011 Matanuska Valley's Avatar

Re: Cannabutter In 7 Easy Steps!

Quote Originally Posted by Hash
    ^ Thanks alot Mrs. MV, lol just make sure that any guests eat them up thinking they are just plain old cookies.
    You can do that when you use the oil or butter method. And if you use frosting too, you dont hear anything about aftertaste or unusual flavor either. It is always good and they come back for seconds too but without crushed weed in it, you would never know it until you ate some and even then you wouldn't unless you had done it before and knew what it was going to feel like.

Caution should be used when made and given to unsuspecting people unless you know them well. It would be like spiking the punch at a party and finding out someone is allergic to alcohol and they wind up at the Emergency Room. A fun prank can turn bad sometimes and no one wants to be responsible for that. Keep it fun.

MRS MV...
    Last edited by Matanuska Valley; 05-03-2005 at 12:37 AM.
    I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...
    And I'm all out of Bubble Gum..!

Plant and Member of the Month Winner (April 11') Plant of the Year 2011 Matanuska Valley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cincyreds
    can you use a buncha paper towels instead of a cheesecloth?
    If you cant use cheese cloth then use nylons - just any kind of pantyhose will do any style or color. They are good for just about anything that calls for straining thru cheese cloth!

MRS MV...
    urmom and Buckshot like this.
    I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...
    And I'm all out of Bubble Gum..!

Great write up!!! I enjoyed the read

I have been to this site many times, I should have joined long time ago...

s2
    "I Support MMJ Caregivers!!!"

That looks so fucken beautiful....i'ma try that.....get really fucked up....
    nice job.....

Had a few questions about the ratio of herb to butter. I see the standard is about one pound butter to one ounce herb. If you were to make brownies, you would just use whatever amount of budder is required for the brownies right? I plan on making some brownies with one ounce of i guess lower grade herbs (mech), which I got an ounce for 50 bucks. I wanted to put the whole ounce into one batch of brownies. Say the recipe calls for a half cup of butter. When I make the budder, is this amount of butter enough to absorb everything out of a whole ounce of herb? And how many people do you think this one batch of brownies is good for?

Dude, 1 oz for half a cup of butter is fine, your butter is gonna be hella potent that all. Just make sure all the bud you put in there is well covered with butter. Don't put to much butter. Then again, while your making butter, why don't you just put the whole pound in there. I mean you'll have some left over cannabutter for the next time, just freeze it and you're good.

How many people is it good for, well that all depends on how potent your butter is. Try eating one or 2 brownies, wait 45minutes to an hour, see how it goes, eat and other, wait a little longer. Remember that the thc has to be digested first then you'll get it's effects, its not like smoking were you feel the effects almost instantly.

Good luck and tell us how it goes.
    urmom likes this.

I just cooked up some butter with a half oz of some really good mids, its setting in the freezer right now.

Should the stems be taken out? After the brownies are made how long are they good for if I vacuum seal them? Should I freeze them even if they're vacuum sealed?

sQuirly In this tutorial I used 5 grams of fresh nug and about 7 grams of vaped bud, which I mentioned in it already.

Anyway it doesn't take to long to break it all up, just call up a few trusted friends and it will take no time.

Grg3135
    When making cannabutter there is definatly a smell, it doesn't really smell like weed but it does smell, If you have good ventillation It won't stick around.

Whats it smell like?? is it a smell that would upset people in my house? :metal:
    Last edited by Soniq420; 03-27-2009 at 04:09 PM. Reason: deleted links to offsite forums

I already made my cannabutter, and it came out great, but I noticed the brownie box says to only use 1/2 cup of vegetable oil (butter) is that gonna be enough? It doesnt seem like thatd be enough THC for a whole batch of brownies.... then again ive never done this before Can anyone clear this up?

Quote Originally Posted by redfacenabass
    Whats it smell like?? is it a smell that would upset people in my house? :metal:
    BTW, have you ever stuck a blunt in the microwave for a sec to tighten it up? Thats pretty much what it smells like, to me. My friend says it smells like vaped bud, which i guess smells sorta the same. Anyway, like Hash said, it doesnt really smell like weed but its a smell that someone would inquire about.

Quote Originally Posted by sLiCe
    I already made my cannabutter, and it came out great, but I noticed the brownie box says to only use 1/2 cup of vegetable oil (butter) is that gonna be enough? It doesnt seem like thatd be enough THC for a whole batch of brownies.... then again ive never done this before Can anyone clear this up?
    I'm glad you brought this up, although I could've sworn I mentioned it in the tutorial Ill say it again just in case.

Now add as much butter as you want, just even it out with more of all of the other ingredients, does that clear things up?
    420 Magazine
    Creating Cannabis Awareness Since 1993
    http://www.420Magazine.com

I'm glad you brought this up, although I could've sworn I mentioned it in the tutorial Ill say it again just in case.

Now add as much butter as you want, just even it out with more of all of the other ingredients, does that clear things up?
    Yea I guess I shoulda read the post better, someone already asked that question and DaHui answered, sorry One question I did not see answered, was "Does putting it in the freezer speed up the solidifying process?"

Quote Originally Posted by sLiCe
    Yea I guess I shoulda read the post better, someone already asked that question and DaHui answered, sorry One question I did not see answered, was "Does putting it in the freezer speed up the solidifying process?"
    I wouldnt think so, In fact I wouldn't recommend it all together, remember the stuff still holds all of the properties of butter and we dont freeze that.
    420 Magazine
    Creating Cannabis Awareness Since 1993
    http://www.420Magazine.com

^ Indeed it was the 420th. post, And no Northern Lights, You da man!

I swear to god I get high from standing over the stove when the pot is cooking. Has anyone else noticed this?
    It helped me to maintain my pleasant high while making my butter the past 3 hours.

It was my first time making cannabutter and I got to say that I think it turned out rather well. Cant wait for those brownies to be done in an hour!

Oh Crap! I forgot to take pictures! Oh well, I guess that means I will just have to do it again!

MRS MV...
    A leader without followers, is just a dude on a walk!

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast