Butter and Oil

Gobilam

I know the typical way to consume bud is with cannibutter. I wanted to make some brownies but when I went to the grocery store, all the brownie mixes called for oil not butter. Is it okay to use butter in place of the oil?

Instead, I bought some betty crocker cookie mix which called for 1/2 cup of butter. I made some cannibutter with a pot of water, 1/2 cup of butter and an ounce of mech. They're just regular cookies, chocolate chip with walnuts. Do you think that these would taste good?

The directions say to cook them at 375 degrees F. Is this too hot? I've gotta cook these up now, but don't plan on eating them for another two weeks. If I vacuum seal them, do you think they'd be good for this long? Which would last longer.. cookies or brownies?

Thanks.

I'm stummped....moldy Yes!

eat the butter by the spoon full>>>>>>> :grinjoint:

I think it's fine to use butter, I've never heard different. They're both for the same purpose.

Yeah, you can substitute for oil for butter or vise versa. Also it's fine to cook the cookies/brownies to 375. And yes, if you vacuum seal the cookies and keep them in a cool place I think they should be fine in two weeks, I've eaten cookies that have been nearly a month old and still gotten pretty high...

lol... you know what? most ppl just use the butter in place of the oil... I often eat weed in ALL SORTS of things... you can actually use oil, butter, milk, or anything with a lot of oils and fats in them... hell, you can use lard... I eat weed in everything from soup to eggs to even sandwiches... you know how italian dressing is? make a weed italian dressing and put in on ur salad or sandwich... weed can go in almost anything if you do it right.

edit: in fact, I do believe that it's possible to even make a salve or a kind of lotion with it that would absorb into your skin

On that note butter is actualy healthier than most oils exept olive oil but I wouldn't use olive oil in cookies or brownies

heh, I actually used olive oil in a cake once...it really wasn't that bad. it gave it a heavier taste, but it wasn't bad. as for substitung the butter for oil, it is possible, but there is water in your butter so it will probably take a wee bit longer to cook. what I like to do is make cannibutter, but I also make cannibus oil. it works in almost everything where cannibutter won't. plus I make it into pill form with empty gel caps I ordered online(like 10 bucks for 100..try and go for the 000 size if you get it. it is a giant pill, but not super huge). And with the gel caps, I like to just pop about 4 (if made with mid highs or higher), and i'm good for about 4 hours. it's not really a huge head high, but it really helps relax me. I like to think of it as an herbal prozak for my daily suburban life. But the key to the caps, is to make it with QUALITY oil. I like to use extra virgin olive oil, mixed with hash or keef. Just heat a saucepan, add about 1/2 cup of olive oil, bring it to about half smoke point( give it 45 secs in a cold pan, 15 or so in a hot pan), REMOVE FROM HEAT!!! let it cool for about 20 secs, then mix in your hash or keef, stir, return to heat on LOW for about 1 min. then let it cool...it's that easy. or if your lazy, put all your hash or keef into a cold pan with about 1/2 cup of oil. I like to use 1/4 cup keef (unpressed), or a good 1 in by 1 inch cube of hash for SUPER PILLS! try it out, it is a lot different than most of the other ways you eat it. <B> I almost forgot to tell you about how to take then! Take then on an empty stomach in the morning when you take your vitamin pills (I wouldn't take it with oj, or vit C until about 20 min after taking them, or you will loose a bit of a high..no idea why, maybe it's the acids. anyway, take about 2 pills if you are not used to the effects of them. Only take with water or milk. Then...take a shower. when you get out, you will start to feel it a bit, when you do, it's alright to eat your breakfast and take all your daily vitamin pills. And if by lunchtime you are good but want to sustain, pop 2 pills with lunch, and another 2 in about 2 hours. but be warned, if you are not an experienced smoker or consumer...I do not advise any of this without experimenting in a safe place<like your home on the weekend!> and never use more than 4 of these, if you are planning on driving.)</B>

hope this helps, experiment with cannabis! They have been experimenting with alcohol for thousands of years, it's time for us to catch up!!

butter can always be subsituted for oil in baked stuff. The best thing to do is to melt it gently first so it's liquid like oil, because the only difference is consistancy. If the butter is melted it'll work the same way as oil-just be careful not to burn it.

I am a smoker first and a cookie baker second. When making brownies you can use oil the same way you would use the butter for the cookies. Just preheat either one with your stuff in a small pot before cooling and adding to whatever you are making. An ounce is ALOT of bud to be using and I'm not sure why you chose to put so much. Whatever you do DO NOT lower the temperture the cookies will not set up at all.

Fellow 420-ers... As we speak, so-to-speak, my two front teeth are below the gum line and have become badly infected; it goes all the way up to above my eyes. Sinus is the swollen pain source and smoking gives instantaneous relief for this which actually is far more effective than the pills I have for pain. Certainly is longer lasting too. What I need is for someone to give me a decent recipe for "Cannibus Butter". I have a enough crushed buds that I'd like to start with 1 zip. I need to know the ratios; the temperatures and their duration as well as the process/order of mixture, etc. how to make in a simplified form. Having high tolerance, I want the dose to be extra strong so I am thinking about like 1 oz. MJ to 1 lb. butter? This is to give you an idea of where I'm at.
Thanks to whom ever reads this and sends me the recipie. PS, I don't have dental ins (of course) and cannot get any form of help until Jan. 7th -8th. One has little "pull" with dentists especially without money or insurance...

So sorry for your bought with dental pain and infection. Do you have a regular doctor or Nurse Practitioner? As a nurse myself, and a former dental pain suffered for so long I can't remember. (The pain stopped when I got dentures, fyi). But, your optic and other nerves run through small openings called Foramena into your brain directly, so please, if you have an infection, see your primary provider for poss some antibotics to take along with, not instead of the MMJ.
My favorite CannaButter recipe is "Cannabutter in 7 easy steps" on this forum. It contains a lot of info and good pics. Also, look up decarboxylation info. Before you start the regular recipe, take your trim, shake or buds in a metal pan (measure amounts well first). Then put in the oven for about an hour at a very low temp (many ovens can go as low as 190 degrees F. This decarbing activates the THC as well as various CBD's you'll want in your medicine.
I hope this helps. I'm a novice at this, but have done a lot on online research. Once you're comfortable with this method. start looking into making some Coconut oil-Canabis mixtures. The Coconut oil is extremely healthful compared to butter and you can make creams and balms with it as well..
Happy cooking!

Back
Top Bottom