I finally made some successful THC pills - Here's how I did it

HfxChef

Alright, first of all I mise as well introduce myself: I'm an eighteen year old culinary arts student in Nova Scotia, Canada. I've always been fascinated by weed - and I'm now in the experiment stages of making THC pills. You name it, I've made it.. brownies, cookies, scones, weed and shroom pizza, all homemade.

Now I'm not sure 100% if this is working.. I just took 4 pills and I'm feeling a good body stone already.. we'll see, though. First time doing things of this nature are normally unsucessful.

Let me explain the procedure I did: (Pics coming tommorow)

1. First of all, I didn't grind my weed up to a fine dust. I put a gram in a handy chopper, and kept it on until the weed was fairly ground up (bit finer then what you would use in a joint).

2. I used a mordel and pestel
mortarpestle5nf1.jpg
, and added about two tablespoons of vegetable oil (don't bother using olive oil.. what a waste of taste). I ground up the weed until it was a paste like material (dont use too much oil).

3. Add the paste to a frying pan (medium high heat, make sure the pan is fully heated) and cook slowly for 5 min. BE SURE NOT TO BURN THE THC (BASICALLY, IF YOU SEE SMOKE TURN IT DOWN, YOU'RE LOSING YOUR THC!!!)

4. Now, set up a double boiler (Get a big pot, put a bit of water in it, then put a glass bowl on top of it, this way nothing will burn as you get pure steam heat) and add about one heaping tablespoon of margarine or butter and let it melt. Then, add another tablespoon of oil TO the melted margarine mixture.. be sure to check your pot and make sure the water doesnt run out on the bottom. Let simmer away for 5 min.

5. Now, add the paste to the mixture. Stir constantly with a rubber spatula (so do you dont lose anything) for 10 min.

6. Take off stove. Now here's the ultimate trick into extracting the thc out of the weed.. the microwave. This is also the reason as to why I didn't grind the weed into a dust. Take the mixture of butter, oil and weed and put it into a microwaveable bowl.. put a PLATE over it and cook for appx. 1min and 40 seconds (all microwaves are different). Once done, take plate off and what you should see is that all of this gorgeous, green/brown oil has risen to the top and on the bottom is this rock hard piece of shit.. basically, all of the scraps of weed. This technique ensures you get all of the weed out.

7. Now take some empty pills and fill them.. it was easy, I emptied out these vitamin c caps and I took a small spoon and filled it up with them with the mixture.. for about a gram of weed I yielded about 11 pills. This is highly potent shit.

Alright, now that I'm done this article it is safe to say that I am feeling something coming up.. my body is very loose but lazy at the same time and my eyes are slowly dropping. Very cool feeling, it's not an overwhelming stoned feeling like eating brownies - but it's not an underwhelming feeling either.

My suggestion would be to drink at least two litres of water and to have an empty stomach prior to eating these.. (least 2-3 hrs). Then pop a couple of these suckers (always know yourself.. don't overtake or you're in for a shitty trip) then smoke a bowl an hour later.. it's the most relaxing and fun high you'll ever have.

Now, another tip: whenever people extract the thc using butter or oil (I say use both - I find it works one hell of a lot better) they always have it on high heat.. that's a no no folks. Bad idea. Use medium heat (5 out of 10 in terms of heat) and let it simmer.. if something is constantly boiling you're destroying everything (in this case, the thc). This goes not only for this technique - but any food.. sauces, stocks, etc. Let it get to know eachother. ;)

I hope this works for everyone. If you have any questions about anything involving cooking weed (I eat more weed then I smoke.. why not since I can make delicious meals that get you high ;)) then dont be afraid to ask by all means.

Have a good one. :cool:

Re: I finally made some successful THC pills. Here's how I did it.

The first time I did them I took emptied out about 15 of my dexedrine pills. They're the easiest one's to use since they have this special case that slips over the pill and keeps everything (including oil) secure.

Now I'm using these vitamin c capsules.. they're excellent, havent had a problem with them so far. Just make sure you get a capsule that has a removable top.

Or, you could just go to your local herbal shop and buy empty capsules.

I really want you guys to help me out in mastering this technique of THC pills, and it dosen't cost a lot to do it. You only need a gram of some decent shit ($10 here), some oil, margarine and a pan and you're set.

Now, in terms of how I'm doing.. I'm pretty fucked up right now. Out of all the times I've eaten weed I've never had this concentrated of a high before.. everything is crystal clear, similiar to e (sry if this is not allowed to be said on these boards..). I personally think it has to do with the fine weed I used instead of the "flour/dust" weed i was using before when I made cookies.

Plus, I prepared well for this trip. I drank 2 litres of water, didn't eat anything 3 hours prior to taking the pills, and I exercised for an hour (ran hard on treadmill). I took them and felt them within 30 min.. what people have to understand is that it takes a long time to peak on weed.. you have to be free for at least 7-8 hours. Here's an estimate of the time for oral cosumption of weed.

"<i>There has been some research into the pharmacokinetics of THC (how it moves through and is processed by the body). See Grotenhermen's research, which showed that the peak THC concentration after smoking was between 15-30 minutes and sloped down for 1-2 hours. He also showed that oral consumption caused the THC levels to peak between 2 and 4 hours and lasted for 4 to 8 hours.</i>"

"Onset: 30-120min
Coming Up: 30-60 min
Plateau (When it hits you): 2-5 hours
Coming Down: 1-2 hours"

I'm sure most people know this, but for those who don't there you are.

For next time, I'm going to experiment and I'm gonna chop the weed to about the fineness for a joint.. then I'll put it in a frying pan without the oil, and let it burn, sort of like lighting up a joint. I think that's going to activate the cannaboids - then I will add the oil and repeat the steps I did before. I think that'll get someone a lot more high.

Another idea I had was making roach dust out of it.. the cannaboids are already active, then you would make the pills. I'm definitley going to be trying out that one as well.

damn bro that SO tight. im definitely going to try out your recipe! i think i might use 2 or 3 grams though. watcha think?

Yeah, try it out, but if you try 2-3 grams of weed then be sure to add more than a tablespoon of oil.. I'd stick a ratio of one tablespoon of oil per gram of weed. Use two tablespoons of butter/margarine instead, OR, what you could do is put 1 and a half tablespoons of oil in it and add 3 tablespoons of butter.. you'll have much more stronger pills if you do it that way, and you'll yield the same amount of pills as I did (11), but they'll be MUCH, MUCH stronger. When putting the final result in the pills, be sure the oil is nice and cool from the microwave and that it actually has the consistency of oil.. if it dosent then add more oil to it. This is crucial, because if it is thick it will not work right (who knows though, maybe the paste would work).

I'm definitley going to post a picture tutorial on how to do it, it's more technique then steps. I'll do that tommorow when my parents are gone out for the night.

The only crappy thing about these pills is that they do not last very long.. 2-3 hours tops while eating weed in food lasts about 4-5 hours. Kind of a letdown, but it was still a pretty cool high. I'm still high, but nothing like before.

No patterns, hallucinations, etc, but I had an awesome trip. It was really, really weird, yet fun.

Next time, I think I'm going to eat something with the pills (nothing too heavy) and that'll prolong (hopefully) them.

I'm going to call these pills weed boosters from now on. You don't get fucked off of them, but they fucking sure do give you a boost when you're smoking weed. A dramatic one.. you can pop 4-5 of these pills, then smoke a bowl and you're literally good for 3-4 hours (a strong high).

Lots more experimenting to do, though.

..yeah, and as you can see my attention span has been shot to shit. It's like I have ADD times a billion right now. :D

Coolest part is, if you're paranoid about your parents catching you being high (they know I smoke - they don't like but they've come to accept it) - these pills are going to be your best friend. No odor, your eyes normally dont get messed (if they do just put some Visine in your eyes). They'll never know a thing - and they have no proof. A much more comfortable high if you ask me.

lol yeah man indeed

I see that the key part in using marijuana in any type of way is heating it up to activate the thc. Im not sure but isnt a vaporizor doing the same thing as cooking, basically heating up the marijuana to a temperature sufficient enough to activate the thc then taking it into your body. It just saves you the trouble of cooking it. I would think that from the pills you would get purely a head high like the vap because of the similar characteristics they share in body intake, and it sounds from your description that they last the same amount of time. I would definately like to try your recipe for the pills though, it sounds like its pretty cool.:headbanger:

That's really cool, I just have one question. What does drinking water do? Is it important to drink something non-thc soluble?

i like it and might try it this summer

lol i was going to buy a mortar and pestal once like as a decoration.... kinda wish i did now

The key to avoid burning the butter or oil is to keep the temp. around medium because heat is needed to release the THC, a temperature just below the point that it will burn. Constant stirring's important to help avoid burning, unless a double-boiler's used.

Oil is considered slightly better than butter or margerine, because the point at which it will burn is higher. Not a big difference if using a double-boiler, but helpful if simmering in a pan. I don't see any advantage in combining oil & butter; one or the other's fine and might even be better.

IMO a vaporizer's the same idea-the temperature is raised to just below combustion, to release the THC without causing creating smoke.

Any method is fairly potent other than smoking. With smoking maybe half the effect is lost.

As far as drinking water, I'm guessing that this is to help the process of digestion.

Another one worth trying is a vodka-THC drink. Take some vodka and weed, fill up a glass, cover it and leave for a week, then strain and drink. The hard part is forgetting about it for a week!

a·non·y·mous said:
:joint: does it get u higher than packin it in a tall bong and smokin it in big hits real fast? :joint:
Gets you just as high only it lasts like twice as long.
Anyway, May I suggest using olive oil to give your heart a break?

im doin this tonight around 11ish pacific time. i'll be right on here to give ya a breakdown of how it went. I'll follow the recipe to the T too. hopefully i can reproduce it as well as u did

Well i tried this with some really sticky purple and wasnt able to get it ground up very well in my grinder because of the stickyness but i did the best i could and it looked like weed for a joint. so i threw some vegetable oil in the mortor and pestel and i wasnt able to get it like a paste. it was just like really wet pot, i sat there and ground it for like 10 min to. Im thinking the pot needs to be finer than how i had it. and maybe two tablespoons of oil is too much? i dunno but i simmered everything and everything went well till the microwave. i wasnt quite sure what it was supposed to look like but basically all the chunks of pot were at the bottom and an oily brownish liquid at the top so i scooped some into the pills, and i had alot. I could've probably made about 20 pills but i popped two of em and smoked 1 bowl and nothin. i think the pot needs to be ground up perfectly or ur screwed. i'm gna try it again with some different pot thats easier to grind up though. Close though

instead of using buds could you just use the keef then you wouldn't need the mortar cause its already powder right

I gotta try this. Thanks for the write up!

Alright, first of all I mise as well introduce myself: I'm an eighteen year old culinary arts student in Nova Scotia, Canada. I've always been fascinated by weed - and I'm now in the experiment stages of making THC pills. You name it, I've made it.. brownies, cookies, scones, weed and shroom pizza, all homemade.

Now I'm not sure 100% if this is working.. I just took 4 pills and I'm feeling a good body stone already.. we'll see, though. First time doing things of this nature are normally unsucessful.

Let me explain the procedure I did: (Pics coming tommorow)

1. First of all, I didn't grind my weed up to a fine dust. I put a gram in a handy chopper, and kept it on until the weed was fairly ground up (bit finer then what you would use in a joint).

2. I used a mordel and pestel
mortarpestle5nf1.jpg
, and added about two tablespoons of vegetable oil (don't bother using olive oil.. what a waste of taste). I ground up the weed until it was a paste like material (dont use too much oil).

3. Add the paste to a frying pan (medium high heat, make sure the pan is fully heated) and cook slowly for 5 min. BE SURE NOT TO BURN THE THC (BASICALLY, IF YOU SEE SMOKE TURN IT DOWN, YOU'RE LOSING YOUR THC!!!)

4. Now, set up a double boiler (Get a big pot, put a bit of water in it, then put a glass bowl on top of it, this way nothing will burn as you get pure steam heat) and add about one heaping tablespoon of margarine or butter and let it melt. Then, add another tablespoon of oil TO the melted margarine mixture.. be sure to check your pot and make sure the water doesnt run out on the bottom. Let simmer away for 5 min.

5. Now, add the paste to the mixture. Stir constantly with a rubber spatula (so do you dont lose anything) for 10 min.

6. Take off stove. Now here's the ultimate trick into extracting the thc out of the weed.. the microwave. This is also the reason as to why I didn't grind the weed into a dust. Take the mixture of butter, oil and weed and put it into a microwaveable bowl.. put a PLATE over it and cook for appx. 1min and 40 seconds (all microwaves are different). Once done, take plate off and what you should see is that all of this gorgeous, green/brown oil has risen to the top and on the bottom is this rock hard piece of shit.. basically, all of the scraps of weed. This technique ensures you get all of the weed out.

7. Now take some empty pills and fill them.. it was easy, I emptied out these vitamin c caps and I took a small spoon and filled it up with them with the mixture.. for about a gram of weed I yielded about 11 pills. This is highly potent shit.

Alright, now that I'm done this article it is safe to say that I am feeling something coming up.. my body is very loose but lazy at the same time and my eyes are slowly dropping. Very cool feeling, it's not an overwhelming stoned feeling like eating brownies - but it's not an underwhelming feeling either.

My suggestion would be to drink at least two litres of water and to have an empty stomach prior to eating these.. (least 2-3 hrs). Then pop a couple of these suckers (always know yourself.. don't overtake or you're in for a shitty trip) then smoke a bowl an hour later.. it's the most relaxing and fun high you'll ever have.

Now, another tip: whenever people extract the thc using butter or oil (I say use both - I find it works one hell of a lot better) they always have it on high heat.. that's a no no folks. Bad idea. Use medium heat (5 out of 10 in terms of heat) and let it simmer.. if something is constantly boiling you're destroying everything (in this case, the thc). This goes not only for this technique - but any food.. sauces, stocks, etc. Let it get to know eachother. ;)

I hope this works for everyone. If you have any questions about anything involving cooking weed (I eat more weed then I smoke.. why not since I can make delicious meals that get you fucked ;)) then dont be afraid to ask by all means.

Have a good one. :cool:

ty i'm going to try this tonite......last time i probly got it to hot, again thanks for taking the time to draw out the procedure this well be a lot of help, happy high or bye....hhmmm---------------------peace!:cool:

From what I've researched on other sites, why mix with oil? Why not just grind it finely, deoxycarbolate in the oven for 5 minutes at 325*F and then fill up the pills with the ground bud? My understanding is that this would work but haven't tried it.

I'll get back to you guys when I do. I know a guy on another forum was putting the ground bud in a pepper shaker and sprinkling it on his food and drinks and liking it that way. (after deoxycarbolating in the oven).

:smokin:
:goodluck:

From what I've researched on other sites, why mix with oil? Why not just grind it finely, deoxycarbolate in the oven for 5 minutes at 325*F and then fill up the pills with the ground bud? My understanding is that this would work but haven't tried it.

I'll get back to you guys when I do. I know a guy on another forum was putting the ground bud in a pepper shaker and sprinkling it on his food and drinks and liking it that way. (after deoxycarbolating in the oven).

:smokin:
:goodluck:
Hey please let me know how that works 4 u :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom