Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 72

Thread: Cannabutter with stems

  1. #16
    New Member DaHui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    0

    Re: Cannabutter with stems

    Dude, I've used stems and trim to make butter in the past, let me tell you it worked like a charm.

    Once I had the butter I would just throw a little bit in the pan and make an omelette or whatever else. 30 minutes later I was high as a kite.

    If you have any butter, try out what I'm saying. Put a little in a pan, cook something light and eat it. THC becomes active when heated, maybe that's the problem with your brownies...

    Lemme know what happens!

  2. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2

    Re: Cannabutter with stems

    Ay now,
    You don't want to get it too hot
    Or you vaporize it.

    Stay below 300 at all stages.
    Not sure of the vapor point of THC.

  3. #18
    420 Member FreakNature's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    pac nor'west
    Posts
    2,103

    Re: Cannabutter with stems

    from one info source...
    "The vaporization point at normal atmospheric pressure appears to be unknown, but is thought to be in the range 250-400."



  4. #19
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2

    Re: Cannabutter with stems

    Thanks Buba
    Recon' I may even stay below 250 now ...
    sounds like nothin' but
    CannabaCrispy Treats from now on too

    Maybe like, ahhh, OtherThings,
    better it is,
    harder it is to melt

  5. #20
    New Member Respect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    0

    Re: Cannabutter with stems

    Quote Originally Posted by DaHui View Post
    Dude, I've used stems and trim to make butter in the past, let me tell you it worked like a charm.

    Once I had the butter I would just throw a little bit in the pan and make an omelette or whatever else. 30 minutes later I was high as a kite.

    If you have any butter, try out what I'm saying. Put a little in a pan, cook something light and eat it. THC becomes active when heated, maybe that's the problem with your brownies...

    Lemme know what happens!
    When you say throw a little in the pan do you mean the shake/stems or pre-made cannabutter?

  6. #21
    New Member Respect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    0

    Re: Cannabutter with stems

    Quote Originally Posted by DaMagoMan View Post
    Ay now,
    You don't want to get it too hot
    Or you vaporize it.

    Stay below 300 at all stages.
    Not sure of the vapor point of THC.
    Maybe this is where I went wrong, I cooked it for a good hour twenty minutes. I did use DaHui's double broiler method so the butter never even bubbled a little.

  7. #22
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2

    Re: Cannabutter with stems

    I got a candy themometer/thangy

    No boiling is good

  8. #23
    New Member Respect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    0

    Re: Cannabutter with stems

    I'll try an get one, may have one for all I know. You think I let it cook too long?

  9. #24
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2

    Re: Cannabutter with stems

    CannaButter
    or
    end product(Brownies)

    Longer you cook the butter the better it tastes to me. Also more concentrate it becomes. I think?
    Just don't want boiling temps.
    Depending on sea level/elevation thang

    Thang about using stems is
    the inside of the stems will soak up a lot of your butter
    And You have to Press it Out good
    or you lose a Lot.
    I actually use a collader on top of my main pot to stream and press the stems after they have cooked/simmered for 3-6 hrs.
    I have a glass bowl that fits over all this so stream is collected and runs/drips back into the main pot.
    Sorry no pics 'Cuz somebody left town with the pics/movie we took last time.

  10. #25
    New Member Respect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    0

    Re: Cannabutter with stems

    I hear ya, I did give the crap a good squeeze but I was surprised how much was comin out.

  11. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8

    Re: Cannabutter with stems

    stems themselves contain no trichromes so u technically can't get stoned off them but if u soak them repeatedly in alcohol until u stop getting green run off in the alcohol then evap the alcohol, ur left with a solute semi similar to crappy hash, its from all the surface level trichromes stuck to the stems, u can make cannabutter with that

  12. #27
    New Member DaHui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    0

    Re: Cannabutter with stems

    Quote Originally Posted by Burn_it View Post
    When you say throw a little in the pan do you mean the shake/stems or pre-made cannabutter?
    I ment the pre-made cannabutter

    What ratio of stems/butter did you use? I'm thinking that maybe you didn't concentrate your butter enough. Then you used it to make brownies were the cannabutter was once again seperated in smaller quantities.. I have a feeling that if you do what I mentionned you'll get some results. Heck, I once cooked chicken and put a ball of cannabutter in the pan and it worked, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Burn_it View Post
    Maybe this is where I went wrong, I cooked it for a good hour twenty minutes. I did use DaHui's double broiler method so the butter never even bubbled a little.
    Best method I know, I'm happy you used it.
    I think 1h20 might be short. I usually let it simmer for a while, like 3-4 hours. You gotta check it and add water every now and because it will evaporate.

  13. #28
    New Member DaHui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    0

    Re: Cannabutter with stems

    Quote Originally Posted by Jmac10988 View Post
    stems themselves contain no trichromes so u technically can't get stoned off them but if u soak them repeatedly in alcohol until u stop getting green run off in the alcohol then evap the alcohol, ur left with a solute semi similar to crappy hash, its from all the surface level trichromes stuck to the stems, u can make cannabutter with that
    To the best of my knowledge, stems have trichromes. The stems I have are all taken from the nugs while it was being broken up. I've even, back in the days, for the hell of it, taken a razor blade and scrapped a bunch of stems I had. I got a powdery keif like substance that I put in the corner of a baggy and squeesed it and heated it up enough to make a small resine ball.

    The alcohol method you are talking about is a completly different story. It takes a long time to make and you end up with a very small quantity of "honey hash" that taste awful. And never would it of crossed my mind to mix that with butter.

  14. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8

    Re: Cannabutter with stems

    its a shitty solution, but then again we r talking about resorting to stems, Im fairly certain stems don't or atleast not in a significant enough quantity, contain trichromes, they have them surface level as an off shot of the pot, as for the alcohol method, if you r careful the method can b quite quick if u cook off the alcohol, but it can lead to large fires if ur not careful

  15. #30
    New Member Respect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    0

    Re: Cannabutter with stems

    Quote Originally Posted by DaHui View Post
    What ratio of stems/butter did you use? I'm thinking that maybe you didn't concentrate your butter enough.
    I used 17 grams of stems to two sticks of butter. I'm definitely not going to give up, next time I will let it simmer longer. I noticed the evaporating water and almost had to add more last time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast