Thread: Whats A Good Brand Of Butter To Use For Cannabutter?

420 Member

Whats A Good Brand Of Butter To Use For Cannabutter?

Everyone knows you're supposed to use butter to make cannabutter, but what do you guys think is the best brand to buy? I'm sure not all butter makes the same quality cannabutter. So in your experience what is a good kind of butter to buy? I live in california and I have some unsalted sweet california butter which I plan to use, but I was wondering if there are other brands that might be better. I know that some european type butters contain more fat so it absorbs the THC better. So whats the best brand of butter to use for Cannabutter?

Blog Entries

re: Whats A Good Brand Of Butter To Use For Cannabutter?

Any full cream butter will do nicely.

Blog Entries

the more butter fat the better. I used the one with the indian girl on her knees on the cover. I think it was named Land-o-lakes but don't quote me on that one.lol

420 Member

Thanks guys, I got some and made it today at work. CAME OUT BOMB. I used little more then 2 1/2 oz of shake and 2 1/2 bars of butter, you gotta put a little more shake for a nice kick. In the end I had little more then 1 1/2 lbs of canna-butter. I made brownies and they came out AWESOME, I'm stoned off em right now. I put like 85grams of canna-butter in the brownie mix. I took a pic of my butter bar I'll upload it tomarrow.

sweet, i'm grinding up an ounce and using it to make butter on sunday, and then baking my brownies on monday, i can't wait to eat a brownie and go disc golfing, it's what the stoners around here do, it's so much fun, especially stoned.

what do you guys think is the best brand to buy?
    Any with No Salt

Land-o-lakes but don't quote me
    You got it right BubaRace

ahaha yea everyone disc golfs around here too man. I'm thinking its a mid-west/ east coast thing
    "There's high, and there's high, and to get really high--I mean so high that you can walk on the water, that high--that's where I'm goin'."
    - George Harrison, circa 1968

I'm a Butter SNOB! Have yet to find any Butter in NY area that matches what I get when I go back to the Reserve near Montreal.

Gimme Lactantia ANY DAY evn the lite whips the so called butters sold in NY area. Maybe some Organic places make good butter and charge out the wazoo for it.

Seems like they over process it here or something. First time I took Mrs to Reserve I thought something was wrong, she had a piece of toast in her hand and an odd look in her eyes, asked what was wrong she said Nothing but where' d you get this butter? Replied Lafluer's like always since a kid why....it's DELICIOUS!

Gotta admit tho CostCo's house brand isn't bad.

O:nen ki' wahi' Bye for now
    Rant mode now off! :-)

Yeah, Costco just goes to a major manufacturer and steamrolls them into giving them a private label at the lowest price they can pound out of them. It's always top quality. Their incredible volume is a mighty hammer. Wish they had a house brand shake. 420 and out.

420 Member

Crumb cake made with Jersey Sour Diesel butter = the bomb

it won't last long either