Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Marijuana Oil (For Cooking) Recipe

  1. #1
    420 Member WaVancouver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    U.S. of A
    Posts
    439

    Marijuana Oil (For Cooking) Recipe

    I have been a member of this site for 2 weeks now but I'm mostly lurking the GROW ROOM forums. I just found this cooking forum today and I can't stop posting my recipes.

    HERE IS A RECIPE FOR MAKING COOKING OIL

    Start with your weed trimmings. You will be placing these in oil so make sure they are dry (think about how oil reacts with water...)

    The Oil - you want flavorless cooking oil, vegetable or canola will work fine (would you cook brownies in olive oil? Ew)

    Place trimmings in crock pot (on the LOW setting), put enough of your oil in to ALMOST cover the trimmings. Remember you have a fixed amount of THC in those leaves, the more oil you use the less potent it will be. Plus, this will be cooking for 12+ hours. Please stir 3-4 times during the 12+ hour mark. All the plant material will make it to the oil.
    I have cooked for as long as 18 hours with no ill effect. This is just on "low" setting of the crockpot. The room will get a nice grassy smell.
    Extract through a colander - you don't need to worry about every little solid - just get the majority of it.
    Carefully pour into clean jars, bottle, or whatever. Place in refrigerator to slow down oxidization.
    You could now use this for anything that calls for oil in the recipe.
    I think people need to be educated to the fact that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is an herb and a flower. God put it here. If He put it here and He wants it to grow, what gives the government the right to say that God is wrong?
    -Willie Nelson

    save your seeds.
    sow them everywhere unselfishly.
    make someones day when they find them.

  2. #2
    420 Member BIGBudDug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    50

    Re: MARIJUANA OIL (For Cooking) RECIPE

    Where does the flavorless cooking oil come in? you lost me on that, I understood the crockpot part and cooking for 12+ hours stiring it 3-4 times. but some details were left out, do I add any water, or is this where the vegetable oil comes in? reason I am inquiring is because my wife wants to learn to cook with cannabis and using it's oil would make it even more better for all her reciepies.

    BBD

  3. #3
    420 Member WaVancouver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    U.S. of A
    Posts
    439

    Re: MARIJUANA OIL (For Cooking) RECIPE

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBudDug View Post
    Where does the flavorless cooking oil come in? you lost me on that, I understood the crockpot part and cooking for 12+ hours stiring it 3-4 times. but some details were left out, do I add any water, or is this where the vegetable oil comes in? reason I am inquiring is because my wife wants to learn to cook with cannabis and using it's oil would make it even more better for all her reciepies.

    BBD
    You fill the crockpot up with veggie oil to the level of your trimmings. You want flavorless oil like vegetable or canola and not olive oil. So fill that veggie oil to your leaves, stems, buds, etc and put it in the crockpot on low for 12+ hours and then strain.
    I think people need to be educated to the fact that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is an herb and a flower. God put it here. If He put it here and He wants it to grow, what gives the government the right to say that God is wrong?
    -Willie Nelson

    save your seeds.
    sow them everywhere unselfishly.
    make someones day when they find them.

  4. #4
    420 Member BIGBudDug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    50

    Re: MARIJUANA OIL (For Cooking) RECIPE

    Quote Originally Posted by WaVancouver View Post
    You fill the crockpot up with veggie oil to the level of your trimmings. You want flavorless oil like vegetable or canola and not olive oil. So fill that veggie oil to your leaves, stems, buds, etc and put it in the crockpot on low for 12+ hours and then strain.
    Oh! ok I gotcha now. I will try this with all my trimmings next time.

  5. #5
    420 Member MayorGreenBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    266

    Re: MARIJUANA OIL (For Cooking) RECIPE

    can the same be done w/butter?

  6. #6
    420 Member Ms.Fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,958

    Re: MARIJUANA OIL (For Cooking) RECIPE

    Quote Originally Posted by WaVancouver View Post
    I have been a member of this site for 2 weeks now but I'm mostly lurking the GROW ROOM forums. I just found this cooking forum today and I can't stop posting my recipes.

    [/B]
    Lol! I hear ya there. I luv the cooking forum! Very interesting stuff. Thanks for the recipe! Sounds easy enough to do, too. CrockPOT cooking at it's finest. LOL

  7. #7
    420 Member WaVancouver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    U.S. of A
    Posts
    439

    Re: MARIJUANA OIL (For Cooking) RECIPE

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Fox View Post
    Lol! I hear ya there. I luv the cooking forum! Very interesting stuff. Thanks for the recipe! Sounds easy enough to do, too. CrockPOT cooking at it's finest. LOL
    And you can use the cannaoil in any recipe that includes vegetable oils. It'll get you stoned, too.
    I think people need to be educated to the fact that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is an herb and a flower. God put it here. If He put it here and He wants it to grow, what gives the government the right to say that God is wrong?
    -Willie Nelson

    save your seeds.
    sow them everywhere unselfishly.
    make someones day when they find them.

  8. #8
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Marijuanaville
    Posts
    2,633

    Re: MARIJUANA OIL (For Cooking) RECIPE

    I have a simple system I use.
    Put your shake on a tray in the oven at about 250 degrees for about 20 minutes.
    Put dried shake through a coffee grinder.
    Put powdered shake in a sauce pan with the amount of oil required for the recipe and simmer for about 15 minutes. stir well.
    Let cool and add to your recipe.

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1

    Re: MARIJUANA OIL (For Cooking) RECIPE

    I like to make this with coconut oil. Great!

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1

    Re: MARIJUANA OIL (For Cooking) RECIPE

    If you are in California you don't have to worry about making oil, just grab some Cannola from any dispensary. If your dispensary doesn't have it, tell them about it and go to Cannola.com to find out where you can get it!

    Cannola is an organic cannabis-infused cooking oil (corn and canola blend).

    It comes sealed in a 1/2 cup jar and contains 4g Sour Diesel (Sativa 70 / Indica 30). Perfect single batch solution for brownies, cookies and cakes. They have larger sizes for serious care-bakers.

    Hope this is helpful!

  11. #11
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sin City
    Posts
    2

    Exclamation Re: MARIJUANA OIL (For Cooking) RECIPE

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBudDug View Post
    Where does the flavorless cooking oil come in? you lost me on that, I understood the crockpot part and cooking for 12+ hours stiring it 3-4 times. but some details were left out, do I add any water, or is this where the vegetable oil comes in? reason I am inquiring is because my wife wants to learn to cook with cannabis and using it's oil would make it even more better for all her reciepies.

    BBD

    Oil & water don't mix!!

  12. #12
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sin City
    Posts
    2

    Question Re: MARIJUANA OIL (For Cooking) RECIPE

    Quote Originally Posted by Cannola View Post
    If you are in California you don't have to worry about making oil, just grab some Cannola from any dispensary. If your dispensary doesn't have it, tell them about it and go to Cannola.com to find out where you can get it!

    Cannola is an organic cannabis-infused cooking oil (corn and canola blend).

    It comes sealed in a 1/2 cup jar and contains 4g Sour Diesel (Sativa 70 / Indica 30). Perfect single batch solution for brownies, cookies and cakes. They have larger sizes for serious care-bakers.

    Hope this is helpful!
    what do they charge for that? Is it cheaper to make yourself?

  13. #13
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1

    Re: MARIJUANA OIL (For Cooking) RECIPE

    Dos it work? When you put the unbroken up shake in the oven then take it out brake it up and simmer it in oil? And does it give you a decent high?

  14. #14
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1

    Re: MARIJUANA OIL (For Cooking) RECIPE

    one coconut oil method is to put your dry material in a quart mason jar (fits up to 2ozs this way) and add your melted coconut oil. if the oil level does not meet the top of the level of the dry material, add water to bring to that level. put a small, folded washcloth in the bottom of a crockpot (important you do this, if not the mason jar will crack) and place the mason jar on top of the washcloth, fill the crockpot with water all the way to the bottom of the metal lid of the jar and turn on low. let set as long as you like (i wouldn't recommend over 12-14 hours for a mellower taste and full potency). when you are done cooking, use a cheese cloth to strain what's left of the dry material from the liquid into a glass bowl. make sure to squeeze out the cheesecloth (deep enough to handle ALL the liquid) and let set. the water will seperate from the oil and the coconut oil will harden. drain off the water and a cookin you will go!
    plus, coconut oil has exceptional skin care benefits on it's own and can be taken orally, topically or cooked into your favorite recipes.

  15. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1

    Re: MARIJUANA OIL (For Cooking) RECIPE

    first i would like to say thanks to WaVancouver for posting. i always thought that canna-oil was going to be complicated to make. who knew it would be so simple! i feel much better putting (organic) mono-unsaturated fats into my body than butter.
    second, sorry to be gross, but i have been making kettle corn with my oil and each time, the next day, i get the weirdest smelling poos! anybody else? anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast