How much cannabutter is needed?

alwaze_blazed

Hey everybody, I'm new to this forums so please forgive me if there is another thread like this one. I tried searching for an answer to my question for quite a while before I decided to post this thread but I'm still in need for some help.

I read that post on how to make cannabutter (awesome guide btw) and I wanted to try it out. I am going to use 1/4 oz. weed with the appropriate ratio of butter to make cupcakes for my friends and I.

I was wondering if this amount is enough for 6 people including me
. I am planning on using all the butter in one go in making the cupcakes, and also eating it all in one go as I cannot leave any evidence lieing around (My parents going on holidays, so I get the house to myself :ganjamon:)

I worked it out to be about 113grams of butter, and 7grams of weed. So if we split it all evenly we get about 1gram each.

When I made brownies, I just replaced the oil with cannabutter... So if the recipe calls for 3 tbls oil, then replace it with 3 tbls cannabutter. Otherwise you're messing with the recipe, which could be good or bad. Ya don't wanna waist your cannabutter.

The problem would be you should only use the amount of oil or butter called for in the recipe for your cupcakes or they are going to turn out soggy and not cook right. I have made plenty of "goodies" with cannabutter and if you follow the recipe for making the cannabutter and use only what your recipe calls for you will have plenty to go around and it will last as long as your goodies last.
For example: I make a double batch of no bake cookies with the amount of oil what is called for in the recipe and MV and 3 of his friends can take them to the cabin for the weekend, supposedly hunting, and not get much hunting done but they sure have a lot of fun while they are there. Sometimes they even bring a few cookies home for me but mostly not! I say follow your recipes and you wont be disappointed! Hope that helps you to not waste any weed or your time on ruined baked goods. That sucks!

:smokin2

wow props for the speedy replies~~

I was thinking of using those cake-mixes which you buy at the supermarket and baking a cake for me and my mates. It says to use 4 tablespoons of butter, so i'm guessing I substitute that for 4 tablespoons of cannabutter right?

From your experience, do you think a cake with that amount of butter can give 6 people a fairly decent experience?

Cake mix is great for cupcakes. Yep replace the 4 tbls butter with 4tbls cannabutter. Yep, I think it'll work great! But remember, if you've eaten anything before you eat a cupcake your high will probably be prolonged for quite a while. It's not like smoking.

definetly not like smoking but a more gradual climb into the high feeling. One minute you will just be sitting there going "now what was I dooing" and yep your there. Dont make the classic mistake of eating lots just because you dont feel it either cuz you can overdo it by overeating too fast and you dont want to waste it!
Happy baking!
:yummy:

The edibles that i make to sell i pretty much always use 1/4 oz. per stick of butter

The ones that i make for myself (Because i know how to not power down a whole brownie and then just pass out) i use 1/2oz per stick of butter then i use that stick of butter in a 10/7 brownie pan with my home made knockout recepie and cut 8 brownies. theyre delicious.

All you need is a little chunk off of one and youre set trust me. And ive smoked for 10 years almost 11 now and am an extremely heavy user for medical reasons.

i recomend you start with 1/4 per stick and see how you feel

I should have read this before I ate the blonde brownie. It was so good, I ate it all. I have used cannabis for a couple decades, and never, ever, did it make me slide off the couch like a bowl full of jello.

Now I know better, and love edibles!

My compliments to the chef!:adore:

Thats a mistake alot of people make. It taste so good you keep eating until you are in such a "jello" state its almost too hard to enjoy it. Always use moderation with edibles and you will have a much better experience. But it was so much fun and funnier! while figuring that out. lol
:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom