Here's some info I dug up that addresses your point.
The cannabis plant produces THCA, (or THC-COOH) an acid with the carboxylic group (COOH) attached. In its acid form, THCA is relatively inactive. It is only when the carboxyl group is removed that THC becomes psychoactive.
When marijuana is smoked, the THC is vaporized as the hot air from the burn is drawn across the plant matter. The cannabinoids turn gaseous, at around 106° C (220° F), the carboxyl group is released from the molecule as carbon dioxide and water vapor.
So your going to need to have a scaldingly hot liquid (for reference water boils at 212F and this isn't even hot enough.
Seems safer to me to do something in the microwave. Maybe cook some Kimche or fish in your microwave right before you cook the bud. Get a bigger stink going in advance so to speak
Just an idea...