Understanding How Marijuana Gets You High

BASE1543

There are a lot of claims out there that marijuana is harmless, or that it is harmful. There are many long-winded articles on both sides of the line that are filled with bumper-sticker statements and conjecture. The result of a lot of rhetoric on both sides leads to an empasse a lot of times because of a fundamental lack of understanding of the plant, and or a desire to promote an agenda one way or the other. I've thought that, at least from an MMJ perspective, truly understanding how Marijuana gets you high opens the door to understanding its possible medical applications.

Marijuana: Influences your mental perception by mimicking your body's natural Endocannaboids(eCBs) with plant produced Cannaboids(CBDs).

CBDS:
  1. Delta 9- THC
  2. Cannaboidal
  3. Terpenes

eCBs:
  1. Anandamide
  2. 2-AG

Both CBDs and eCBs are received by Cannaboid Receptors CB1 and CB2.

CB1
  • Absent in areas of brain controlling vital life functions, and therefore make it impossible to overdose on Cannabis
  • Present in other parts of the brain

CB2
  • located in immune cells
  • helps to reduce inflammation
  • helps to promote immune function
  • is what is responsible for a large part of the pain relief some patients get

EndoCannaboids: Are naturally used by the body to regulate neurotransmissions by traveling backwards through the snyaptic cleft in most situations to slow down transmission and protect brain cells from being over excited (excitotoxicity), which is important in the treatment of Alzheimers', epilepsy, stroke, and many other conditions. They also work in other ways to speed up the transmission of neural messages, and in the amagdala this works to help purge negative memories that helps with the treatment of PTSD and anxiety.

The actual high comes when the CBDs found in marijuana's flowers mimicks the natural eCBs and flood the hippocampus' CB1 receptors resulting in an influenced spatial orientation resulting in:
  • Sensations of floating
  • feeling like your sinking in to the couch, "couchlock"
  • altered balance, etc.
  • poor short term memory during the high

All animals have Cannaboid receptors and that is probably why MJ developed CBDs, possibly as some sort of defense to prevent animals from eating it or remembering where it was.

When reading about the plant I was interested in learning a little bit about how the plant actually works on a molecular level. And now that I'm learning more about it some of my observations are:

-It is not important that dosing is not as precise as traditional medications because it is physiologically possible for a human being to overdose themselves because of the lack of cannaboid receptors in the areas of the brain that govern vital function.

-More research needs to be done in the field of neuroscience to fully understand how MJ interacts with the brain.

-What causes addiction? And why is marijuana addictive or not addictive?

I just stumbled onto this site today guys, and I'm interested to get your input. What a great resource this place is.

C-Ya!

There are a lot of claims out there that marijuana is harmless, or that it is harmful. There are many long-winded articles on both sides of the line that are filled with bumper-sticker statements and conjecture. The result of a lot of rhetoric on both sides leads to an empasse a lot of times because of a fundamental lack of understanding of the plant, and or a desire to promote an agenda one way or the other. I've thought that, at least from an MMJ perspective, truly understanding how Marijuana gets you high opens the door to understanding its possible medical applications.

Marijuana: Influences your mental perception by mimicking your body's natural Endocannaboids(eCBs) with plant produced Cannaboids(CBDs).

CBDS:
  1. Delta 9- THC
  2. Cannaboidal
  3. Terpenes

eCBs:
  1. Anandamide
  2. 2-AG

Both CBDs and eCBs are received by Cannaboid Receptors CB1 and CB2.

CB1
  • Absent in areas of brain controlling vital life functions, and therefore make it impossible to overdose on Cannabis
  • Present in other parts of the brain

CB2
  • located in immune cells
  • helps to reduce inflammation
  • helps to promote immune function
  • is what is responsible for a large part of the pain relief some patients get

EndoCannaboids: Are naturally used by the body to regulate neurotransmissions by traveling backwards through the snyaptic cleft in most situations to slow down transmission and protect brain cells from being over excited (excitotoxicity), which is important in the treatment of Alzheimers', epilepsy, stroke, and many other conditions. They also work in other ways to speed up the transmission of neural messages, and in the amagdala this works to help purge negative memories that helps with the treatment of PTSD and anxiety.

The actual high comes when the CBDs found in marijuana's flowers mimicks the natural eCBs and flood the hippocampus' CB1 receptors resulting in an influenced spatial orientation resulting in:
  • Sensations of floating
  • feeling like your sinking in to the couch, "couchlock"
  • altered balance, etc.
  • poor short term memory during the high

All animals have Cannaboid receptors and that is probably why MJ developed CBDs, possibly as some sort of defense to prevent animals from eating it or remembering where it was.

When reading about the plant I was interested in learning a little bit about how the plant actually works on a molecular level. And now that I'm learning more about it some of my observations are:

-It is not important that dosing is not as precise as traditional medications because it is physiologically possible for a human being to overdose themselves because of the lack of cannaboid receptors in the areas of the brain that govern vital function.

-More research needs to be done in the field of neuroscience to fully understand how MJ interacts with the brain.

-What causes addiction? And why is marijuana addictive or not addictive?

I just stumbled onto this site today guys, and I'm interested to get your input. What a great resource this place is.

C-Ya!
Thankyou that was a wonderful little read lots went over my head an so I will hafe to read it again best thing was I was trying to ell my daughter about this now all I have to do is show it to her we need more like yourself my love Grow green an be good love is life an Peace is nice

Back
Top Bottom