Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Marijuana Myths

Marijuana Unlikely to Cause Head, Neck, or Lung Cancer

By Peggy Peck
    WebMD Medical News

May 8, 2000 (Boston) -- Marijuana, unlike tobacco and alcohol, does not appear to cause head, neck, or lung cancer, says a researcher from Johns Hopkins Medical School in Baltimore who presented findings from a study here recently at a meeting of internal medicine physicians.
    http://my.webmd.com/content/article/23/1728_57309.htm

This article is from the WebMD
    Medical News Archive

March 2, 2000 (San Diego) -- The Woodstock generation is getting some very bad news: Marijuana smoking in middle age may trigger a heart attack in those who still indulge. Marijuana smokers increase their risk of having a heart attack almost five times within one hour of lighting up, according to a study presented here at an American Heart Association (AHA) meeting.

"This is the first documented link between marijuana and heart attack," says Murray A. Mittleman, MD, PhD, of Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Boston.

Mittleman tells WebMD the spike in risk quickly decreases after an hour passes. Pot smokers are twice as likely as nonsmokers to have a heart attack one to two hours after lighting up.

To put that increased risk in perspective, Mittleman says that the risk of heart attack increases 100 times when a couch potato decides to shovel snow, and it "increase[s] 2.5-fold with sex."
    http://my.webmd.com/content/article/22/1728_55387.htm

Re: Marijuana Myths

I think this little section of facts is great were can i find more

Blog Entries

Kids, kids, kids.. remember,

Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one!

Myth: MJ messes with your memory.. myth? Think not. Flew all the way to LA yesterday to find out my appointment wasn't till today.. flew all the way home, pissed at myself.
    215-er/OCBC/bpg/norml-ca/ASA-ca
    Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Pinch
    Kids, kids, kids.. remember,

Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one!

Myth: MJ messes with your memory.. myth? Think not. Flew all the way to LA yesterday to find out my appointment wasn't till today.. flew all the way home, pissed at myself.
    Well, technically the myth has always been your SHORT term memory, and that would be your long term memory.
    Peace and Prosperity

I consider myself to be a competent combuster,or a smoker supremist. - OnionGobbler

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by j842p
    Well, technically the myth has always been your SHORT term memory, and that would be your long term memory.
    It was my short term memory that initially failed me.. I wrote down the incorrect date in my calendar.. phone call to calendar.. short.. am I wrong?

Doesn't matter, we've all got one.
    Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha

Blog Entries

'San Francisco Cannabis Day 2005' San Francisco Civic Center Plaza, Larkin at Grove; 66404976, cannabisfreedomday@yahoo.com. Noon-6pm, $5. Celebrate the various uses of this plant, from hemp to medical marijuana. Hear speakers and dance to the sounds of the Caribbean Allstars, Alphabet Soup, and the Lynnete Shaw Band.

Come one, come all.. Tomorrow, Wednesday, May 3, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Pinch
    It was my short term memory that initially failed me.. I wrote down the incorrect date in my calendar.. phone call to calendar.. short.. am I wrong?

Doesn't matter, we've all got one.
    Yup, that's your short term all right.
    Peace and Prosperity

I consider myself to be a competent combuster,or a smoker supremist. - OnionGobbler

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by j842p
    Yup, that's your short term all right.

Thanks. Pinch (IMC)

420 Member

*claps* great post opened my eyes and awnsered alots of my questions

Quote Originally Posted by 420
    Fat Cells

One of the more ridiculous myths being circulated is that marijuana stays in your fat cells and can keep you high for months.
    DAMN! if that was the case lol i would say on an average the normal smoker would blaze between 1 and 3 L's a year

lol talking about saving money.
    Lyrically U-N-I-versal Magnetic Poet

true mate very true u need to socilize what ever love off to smoke

Talking Re: Marijuana Myths

That is some really good information because a shit load of people dont understand that there are more resourceful than harmful effects of marijuana and that if u smoke it just chill out and be relaxed shit im high right now!!!!!!!!!
    PreppySmoker says, "The world would be a place better if everyone got high "seriously ".....

its so screwed up how high i am however i will sober up and from intoxication and remember me High Times
    PreppySmoker says, "The world would be a place better if everyone got high "seriously ".....

Talking Re: Marijuana Myths

This is some great information and these bitches need to raise up and realize that getting high is the best shit ever when its Potent!!!!

Blog Entries

Exclamation Re: Marijuana Myths- you can OD..

This is no myth.. how one can OD on pot.

Clinical Pharmacology

Although it is a potent drug that may produce psychoactive effects, THC (and the other cannabinoids) have relatively low toxicity and lethal doses in humans have not been described.[23,24] The theoretical lethal dose in 50 percent (LD50) is estimated to be 1 to 20,000 or 1 to 40,000. Thus, it would require 1500 pounds of cannabis smoked in fifteen minutes to induce a lethal effect.[25]

Central effects of cannabinoids include disruption of psychomotor behavior, short-term memory impairment, intoxication, stimulation of appetite, antinociceptive actions (particularly against pain of neuropathic origin) and anti-emetic effects. Although there are signs of mild cognitive impairment in chronic cannabis users there is little evidence that such impairments are irreversible, or that they are accompanied by drug-induced neuropathology. A proportion of regular users of cannabis will develop some tolerance. A study by Hart and colleagues demonstrated that acute cannabis smoking produced minimal effects on complex cognitive task performance in experienced cannabis users, while still subjectively providing a euphoric "high".[38] The potential medical applications of both natural and synthetic cannabinoids are currently being tested in a number of clinical trials.

Ahhh.. but what a way to go...
    srjc likes this.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast