Making a tiny amount of oil - advice please

Jack Dabs

Hi All

I have harvested a couple of dwarfs I was growing and am looking to make a bit of iso oil for an acute bout of sciatica.

I would like to do the smaller one now and then have some oil while I allow the larger one to cure for a while.

My question is considering it's a small amount of bud, probably less than 10 grams, should I skip the rice cooker and decarboxolate

in the oven for 20 mins or so and then just use the cup warmer to evaporate the iso?

If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Hi Jack Dabs,

A little over a third of an oz. I would cure this properly also. Also still make the concentrate oil properly. Cooked down in the rice cooker and decarbed. Paientance comrade. You will be rewarded with a much better concentrate. Depending on potency you still should draw a gram of oil. In this case I would put everything I could muster off the plant to get max yield. Doubt you need it, but here are a couple of tutorials that might help out on you treatment process.

As mentioned you probably know at least the 'making the oil' part. Never know, might pick up something.

Any thing else we can help with, let us know.

Thanks so much for the reply, will look through those links again, could do with a refresher.

I have weighed them and the small plant is 5 grams and the bigger one is 10 grams.

I am pretty keen to just make a tiny bit of oil from the small one for emergency pain relief. Usually I am pretty patient but right now I am in agony

and have taken so many painkillers my kidneys are taking strain. Already a struggle having a pee and need to get off them asap but am shit scared to not have any pain relief.

Do you think I could do my original plan or will it be a complete waste of time?

Thanks again.

Got you. What temp are you thinking? My concern is evaporating ISO off in the oven. Everclear/Spirytus would be a much safer option. Just need 110d with a fan (on low-blowing over the top, not directly on until its gone) close by will evaporate the Everclear/Spirytus off. You plan on swallowing/digesting. No decarb, it won't pass through your brain on the gum method. Unless you plan on vaping the oil which will decarb as it is vaporizing. If you think it will take care of your pain the way you want to do it you have to do what you have to do. Just looking out for your safety and not wasting your valuable meds (if the dwarf's are potent}. What is the strain/strains?

Thanks again for the reply, so sorry for not being clear and confusing you.

My plan was simply to decarb the dry bud in the oven. I am not sure on times or temps will have to research some more. I heard 30-45 mins at 240 degrees but not entirely sure.

Once the decarb is done, then I was planning on doing the iso wash and then just putting it on the cup warmer until the iso is evaporated.

I have no idea if this will work like it should but I figured with such a small amount I am just skipping the rice cooker part. It is for ingestion and I have tried a little smoke and the dwarfs are quite strong.

The little one is Titan and the big one is Goliath from 7 dwarfs seedbank.

Thanks so much for your help really appreciate your advice.

ps-be very careful when taking the concentrate with meds! Peace

Yeah definitely, I need to get off these meds asap and wont take them together. The herb works better for the pain anyway and has anti inflammatory properties which is perfect for what I need. Only problem is I need it now.

I have had kidney stones and tbh I would take them again over this if I had to choose.

Right on Brother. Its all clear. Wow, severe pain is a debilitating, not to mention sleep disorders and such. Any help JD let us know.

Best of luck on the pain.

Just a little update, I made the oil from the small dwarf plant and it turned out really well.

It only made about .4 of a gram but was a fantastic painkiller and got me through some tough times. In the meantime the other dwarf had around 3 weeks to cure.

Not ideal but not terrible either. I just made another batch of oil from the bigger dwarf and that gave me about 1.2 grams. Very pleased with the second batch

much cleaner than the first.

The first batch I did an iso wash for about 3 mins and then repeated. I also think the decarb was a bit too much because it had more of a sedative effect rather than

any great high which was perfect for its purpose. I managed to sleep very well with reduced pain.

The next batch I washed for a minute and it's clear amber when spread. I have yet to try it properly just tried a little on a cig to take the edge off and it felt alright, nice gentle buzz. Will try an oral dose tonight.

Hi Jack Dabs,

Nice! Yes it sounds like the first batch had a full decarb. Like harvesting at full term but does wonders for the lights out effect :) You must of been stocked to sleep well with reduced pain. You do Harlequin full term grow and full decarb you go from a racehorse to a tortoise :) but you sleep like a baby and with chronic pain its a life changer to be sure.

Remember, break down the dose you want to take (1/2 grain of rice) into 3-4 little doses for max safe application. I'm glad everything is going as planned for you. Best of luck Mr. Dabs. Keep us posted please. TY

Sounds like you had a great learning experience. Working with such a small amount of herb while making the oil kept your attention :)

Thanks 420

It's been a great experience. I have bought oil in the past but nothing like making it yourself. I have one more plant on this run and hoping to get an ounce out of her
so slowly scaling up. :tokin:

Also trying three different strains so will be good to get an idea of what I should be going for.

The oil I used to buy was from Jack Herer and it was fantastic, nice balance of head and body but time to expand the library of strains.

All the best and thanks again for your input. Most appreciated.

420 is the founder/CEO of 420 Magazine, you may just call me Moto if you wish.

Sounds like you got your head on straight and doing everything right! Slow is how you go Brother! The wife and I had to use our blend of Harlequin/Blue Dream for over a year, still one of my favs.

Jack Herer is next for a daytime blend. I have been dying to try it (that didn't sound right, lol).

Yes Sir, nothing like making your own. When there is doubt, there is confusion of always wondering 'how, and what was used to make the oil'. It effects the thinking process and can be a road block upstairs.

With your attitude this will be easy for you! Keep up the great work and share. TY

All depends on the quality. On the norm 3 grams average. High CBD strains about 2 grams on average. High end I've gotten up to 4.5 grams. Low grade 2 grams, average 3 grams and 4 top shelf based off 1 ounce.

What is the average ratio if bud to oil?
Example 1 ounce of bud = 1 gram of oil????

Back
Top Bottom