How To Make Cannabis Paste

SweetLeef

Hello,

My sister has one of two diseases. She has either ALS, or SMA. So I started growing cannabis about a year ago in hopes to get he some medicine and slow the effects of whichever she has.

During this journey I have read and read and watched documentaries and videos and read some more. I came across RSO, and thought that's it!

And then I started to get stressed out trying to figure out how I was going to grow enough product to make enough RSO for my sister. It's not like she needs 1 or two treatments with it. She's going to need to take a lot, for a long time. RSO takes a lot of product.

Then my sister found NewCure, who makes Cannabis Paste. It's easy, take a lot less product, and you use it all. Another plus is it's quite easy to make.

Here's what you need to make a jar of canna paste.

1 4 oz Mason jar
2 oz Coconut Oil or vegetable glycerin
1/2 of buds

Step 1:

Grind the buds into a nice fine powder

Step 2:

Place 1/2 of ground buds in the 4oz mason jar.

Step 3:

Cover with 2oz coconut oil or vegetable glycerin, stir

Step 4:

Close lid tightly and place jar in pot of water that's around 176degrees for 10.5 hours.

An induction burner works best. You want the water hot enough to cause decarboxylation, but cool enough to not burn off the cannabinoids.

GO fourth and eat paste!

Soon my sister will start a paste journal chronicling her use of the cannapaste and I will make a much more detailed how to.

May you find this helpful and healing :)

This product is infused oil with a considerably lower strength than RSO. This may not be strong enough to reverse your Sisters disease or may take a long time to see any results. RSO is concentrated cannabinoids only in the oil, the recipe above contains a carrier oil (coconut oil).

At this point I believe it's debatable.

The potency is difficult to compare for two reasons. True RSO is very concentrated, but there are some things about it I personally don't like. Most cases during the cooking Alcohol is left over and not completely evaporated which variates the potency level. I believe it's probably not something a recovering alcoholic should take, or someone with an allergy to alcohol.

I also believe the most important thing when dealing with any disease, is to get the cannabis in them. I believe this paste to be a very viable option to do just that. It takes 3oz of bud to make a months worth, 6 jars (because of the seriousness of her illness) a month. I have room in my current apartment to grow that much consistently. In my apartment I don't have enough space to grow enough to make her enough oil.

For us, it comes down to supply over potency. I could grow enough to make a months worth of oil, and then I'd be a few months away from making more. Or, I can keep her in the paste always and she is consistently about to ingest the medicine. Also, being that is decarboxylated weed in either coconut oil or v.g. it's quite enjoyable to take. You can still taste the strain a little.

RSO is probably stronger, but it was overwhelming to figure out how I was going to make enough for my sister.

So, if you like the idea of RSO, but don't have the means to do it. Try this paste! I believe 1000% that it will work!

I understand about the supply issues you have in order to be able to produce enough RSO for a steady supply, just want to let others know that the infused oil is not a direct replacement for RSO due to the lower volumes of cannabinoids. I do believe that any type of cannabis related product does a body good and taking it consistently for extended periods eventually leads to health benefits. I can attest to this after testing infused oil since Dec 2012.

I would hate for someone to think that they can use infused oil with the same results as RSO. Overtime the infused oil may cure a condition provided the person can wait that long.

Greetings all. I am Sweetleef's sister and there are already benefits from the paste. And while paste may not be a direct replacement for RSO, it is something. It's been a great something for my situation. It wasn't even a choice once I found the paste information because RSO was never a real option for me. That is not to say that it will always be impossible for me to use RSO, but I won't be getting my hands on it for the foreseeable future.
What I need is high dose CBD and high dose THC. There have been a couple, very limited, studies with mice showing high dose cbd and high dose thc together slow the progression of ALS, and while I maintain that I do not have that particularly evil disease, if it can slow ALS then it can slow SMA as well. Now that we have a Harlequin in bloom we are closer to a higher CBD than ever before! I'm so excited!

I also believe the most important thing when dealing with any disease, is to get the cannabis in them. I believe this paste to be a very viable option to do just that. It takes 3oz of bud to make a months worth, 6 jars (because of the seriousness of her illness) a month. I have room in my current apartment to grow that much consistently. In my apartment I don't have enough space to grow enough to make her enough oil.
Greetings all. I am Sweetleef's sister and there are already benefits from the paste. And while paste may not be a direct replacement for RSO, it is something. It's been a great something for my situation. It wasn't even a choice once I found the paste information because RSO was never a real option for me. That is not to say that it will always be impossible for me to use RSO, but I won't be getting my hands on it for the foreseeable future.
What I need is high dose CBD and high dose THC. There have been a couple, very limited, studies with mice showing high dose cbd and high dose thc together slow the progression of ALS, and while I maintain that I do not have that particularly evil disease, if it can slow ALS then it can slow SMA as well. Now that we have a Harlequin in bloom we are closer to a higher CBD than ever before! I'm so excited!
I'm so happy to hear this! And I 100% agree, simply getting Cannabis ingested by whatever means are available is most important. I love your positive energies and optimism, and you are both setting a great example through your choices.

Please continue giving updates, I'm very much looking forward hearing more as time goes by!

:circle-of-love::love::green_heart::high-five::goodjob::yummy::thumb:

Thanks! I will check this out for sure!

I'm so happy to hear this! And I 100% agree, simply getting Cannabis ingested by whatever means are available is most important. I love your positive energies and optimism, and you are both setting a great example through your choices.

Please continue giving updates, I'm very much looking forward hearing more as time goes by!

:circle-of-love::love::green_heart::high-five::goodjob::yummy::thumb:

Thanks OnlyOrganic!

I just harvested a Harlequin plant on Sunday, After drying and probably 15-20 days of cure, we are gonna paste that mother! I will post pics and a more detailed how to. It's very easy to make and according to my sister, it is helpful!

Thanks for stopping in, Only!

I just harvested a Harlequin plant on Sunday, After drying and probably 15-20 days of cure, we are gonna paste that mother! I will post pics and a more detailed how to. It's very easy to make and according to my sister, it is helpful!
That's fantastic! I've yet to be able to find Harlequin in my area, but I will eventually. Can't wait to hear more!

MagicMediwana-

Have you tried supplementing your Paste intake with Raw Cannabis before? I have no doubt that either juicing or eating (fresh or dried) would be very beneficial. :)

:yummy::green_heart:

If you grow with regular seeds and get males, just juice the leaves. Minimal THC but males do contain CBDs. Just heat the ''juice'' to 200 degrees to decarboxylate the cannabinoids. Maybe you could make male CBD butter. Don't have to dry and cure for juice or butter. Note: I haven't tried as I only grow femmed autos. I am however interested in your outcome with the paste. So please keep us informed in your paste progress and results MagicMediwanna.

Good fortune.
WJ

We will definitely keep you posted WJ!

Thanks for the info on juicing the plant, I was curious about that but hadn't gotten around to looking into it, mostly because I don't have to good kind of juicer, yet.

We are going to make seeds at Medi's house and I will grow out the females at my place. Once we have a decent amour of seeds saved up, we'll grow males out at her house to harvest pollen to eventually cross breed. Fun. We will definitely juice them, as well as use them in a topical pain cream. :)

Up until now I have only grown feminized autos as well.

We have been making the paste out of high quality trim that I get from a buddy who has access to way more plant matter then I do. And just using the trim, not even full buds like we should, we have seen benefits from using the paste!

THE PASTE WORKS!

and it'll work even better when we are able to make it with full buds over the next couple of months. I just started vegging for perpetual harvest, so I'll be able to keep her in the paste and we'll get her better :)

Hey there Sweetleef. Hope you are having a wonderful Holiday Season. To do the leaves you will need a "masticating" type of juicer. I bought a factory refurbished unit from the manufacturer. It is an Omega brand juicer. NC900HDC is the model number and is was a bit over $150, normal price is almost $400. It works great. I have juiced some of the defoliated fan leaves and put the juice in a ice cube tray to freeze. I put it in my coffee for the heat to warm the cubes to melt. And I tried one in some home made veggie soup I made. I am juicing fruit with leaves and spinach for lunch every day. I have lost some weight, not sure if it is from the juice. First time in 15 years I am under 200#. 197 today.

I like the Omega brand. They have plenty of different models. Check fleabay.

Tell your sister hello and Merry Christmas for me.

WJ
:xmas:

Hi Jaga! Thanks :high-five:

Merry Christmas buddy!

WildJim,

Congratulations on the weight loss! That is outstanding! How have you been feeling since you started juicing?

My sis has a manual masticating juicer she is going to lend me. If I don't forget it again, I will be able to start on the 26th!

Hey I gotta question for ya WJ, have you ever had your RSO tested? Once my growing cycle is all set, I want to make a high CBD and high THC paste and get them tested at a lab. What I am curious about is the total active cannabinoids in the paste v.s. RSO.

I will give her your seasons greetings unless she reads it first :)

I'm here! I'm here! Thank you for the best wishes WJ, and a Merry Christmas to you as well! Great score on the juicer, those are nice!!!

I am a Cannabis Oil user as of July 2-14 for breast cancer dx 2006 (which had spread). I would recommend it to all! I will say it is not without possible side effects (some significant healing crises when on a full gram/day), but the positive improvement... wow! Anyway, interested in the paste, but cautious. I found this article very revealing. I like to trust sources and this "NewCure" site seems to be the only "source" that pops up over and over in searches :(

Product Review: New Cure cannabis paste

I read the article linked above soon after it was posted but decided not to comment on it at that time. I didn't find it to be a product review; It was really more of a character attack. Personally, this type of article or 'product review' has no credibility to me. To each his own, but I have no desire to spend my energy on that type 'review'. Today, after doing additional research and coming back here to 420 and reading, again, that it is the opinion of some that not only is RSO the ONLY valid medical preparation for treatment of disease, but there is also only ONE acceptable way to use the oil. I find that disheartening and I pray it doesn't discourage anyone who believes that cannabis could help them but can't afford RSO. If you can afford to make or purchase RSO, then by all means do so. That is wonderful for you, and I wish you nothing but health and happiness. I would never discourage anyone from using RSO. Ever. I will cheer you on 100% of the way. It just isn't possible for me and others right now. Cannabis paste is just pot in a jar with coconut oil. It has been heated to activate the good stuff and I can get more into my body than I ever could smoking it. That's it, pure and simple. You do the best you can with what you have, where you're at. It isn't a competition, I don't have a need to prove myself 'right', I just want to do my best to LIVE. I am a single mom with 1 child still at home and I LOVE life. So, I will keep on keepin' on with my paste and be grateful. If the opportunity arises to use RSO, I will, and I will be grateful! I want to encourage others to do their best, with whatever you have, where ever you are also. Blessings and good green vibes to all. :love:

Horsegirl, it seems you signed up, made this 1 post and have never been back on 420. I hope you are healthy and are winning the fight.

Hey Sweetleaf and magicmediwana :)
Just got onto to this through sweets signature, caught my eye as soon as I read nnabis paste.
Gotta say this is one awesome thread you have started and extremely informative. I'm glad you have found something that not only seems to work very well for you but also helps you with the resources and time etc.
It does seem that since the RSO has hit the big spotlight I guessed you'd say thatits all people seem to care and recommend now but like you said for some it is quiet the inconvenience. So props to you both on holding your own and explaining reasons as you have :)
I have a question possibly a couple for you.
I am getting on my way for making some kind of cannabis medicine for mystepbrother with epilepsy, however he is very young so any decarboxilated oil or such iisn't an option due to the parent wants no psychoactive or high associated with it. Since there is no cbd only strains I can find in my country cbd won't work so my best bet was to go with a thca and cbd-a oil for him which has been tested to work on epilepsy with seizures and such.
But the paste is what's caught my eye since you don't have to use alcohol in the mix which probably isn't the greatest for a young child to take either.
Anyways I was curious as to whether you'd know or think it'd be possible to make this kind of paste without decarbing it into thc-cbd?
I'm likely to also try give the juice a go since it is simple and still includes the cannabinoids I'm chasing. I have one of those nutribullets you might see on tv that might help with the juicing.
Anyways thanks for any input and hope all is lovely in your worlds :)

Just a few comments on decarboxylation and RSO in general. I have a type of vascular mutation in my brainstem and I used to be a pilot before I was diagnosed in 2008; by which I mean I did not smoke weed for fun before.

I've also read a lot and my main assistant (my dad) is a chemist; also I've tested on myself all the oils from all the strains and kept a log of the effects. Decarboxylation doesn't really happen until around 180*F (82*C) but decarbing is a very precise matter so your water method may not be too accurate. At its best water will not go over 212*F (100*C) and for a proper decarb you want to go up to 250*F for 27 or 51 minutes depending on your preference.

The reason why you are getting so little RSO is because you are doing a cold wash and are probably only getting a low 12-14% extraction which may be to little for what your sister needs.

Review this thread:

39% extraction yield RSO

Videos on page 3.

I read the article linked above soon after it was posted but decided not to comment on it at that time. I didn't find it to be a product review; It was really more of a character attack. Personally, this type of article or 'product review' has no credibility to me. To each his own, but I have no desire to spend my energy on that type 'review'. Today, after doing additional research and coming back here to 420 and reading, again, that it is the opinion of some that not only is RSO the ONLY valid medical preparation for treatment of disease, but there is also only ONE acceptable way to use the oil. I find that disheartening and I pray it doesn't discourage anyone who believes that cannabis could help them but can't afford RSO. If you can afford to make or purchase RSO, then by all means do so. That is wonderful for you, and I wish you nothing but health and happiness. I would never discourage anyone from using RSO. Ever. I will cheer you on 100% of the way. It just isn't possible for me and others right now. Cannabis paste is just pot in a jar with coconut oil. It has been heated to activate the good stuff and I can get more into my body than I ever could smoking it. That's it, pure and simple. You do the best you can with what you have, where you're at. It isn't a competition, I don't have a need to prove myself 'right', I just want to do my best to LIVE. I am a single mom with 1 child still at home and I LOVE life. So, I will keep on keepin' on with my paste and be grateful. If the opportunity arises to use RSO, I will, and I will be grateful! I want to encourage others to do their best, with whatever you have, where ever you are also. Blessings and good green vibes to all. :love:

Horsegirl, it seems you signed up, made this 1 post and have never been back on 420. I hope you are healthy and are winning the fight.

Very well put sister! I could not have don't that as eloquently as you.

Hey Sweetleaf and magicmediwana :)
Just got onto to this through sweets signature, caught my eye as soon as I read nnabis paste.
Gotta say this is one awesome thread you have started and extremely informative. I'm glad you have found something that not only seems to work very well for you but also helps you with the resources and time etc.
It does seem that since the RSO has hit the big spotlight I guessed you'd say thatits all people seem to care and recommend now but like you said for some it is quiet the inconvenience. So props to you both on holding your own and explaining reasons as you have :)
I have a question possibly a couple for you.
I am getting on my way for making some kind of cannabis medicine for mystepbrother with epilepsy, however he is very young so any decarboxilated oil or such iisn't an option due to the parent wants no psychoactive or high associated with it. Since there is no cbd only strains I can find in my country cbd won't work so my best bet was to go with a thca and cbd-a oil for him which has been tested to work on epilepsy with seizures and such.
But the paste is what's caught my eye since you don't have to use alcohol in the mix which probably isn't the greatest for a young child to take either.
Anyways I was curious as to whether you'd know or think it'd be possible to make this kind of paste without decarbing it into thc-cbd?
I'm likely to also try give the juice a go since it is simple and still includes the cannabinoids I'm chasing. I have one of those nutribullets you might see on tv that might help with the juicing.
Anyways thanks for any input and hope all is lovely in your worlds :)

Thanks for the kind words SirBudLovski.

I'm not sure how to make it with out decarb, but I will dig around over the next few days and see what I can find out. I have no idea how they make the stuff for kids.

In the meantime, I think juicing would be a great place to start.

Just a few comments on decarboxylation and RSO in general. I have a type of vascular mutation in my brainstem and I used to be a pilot before I was diagnosed in 2008; by which I mean I did not smoke weed for fun before.

I've also read a lot and my main assistant (my dad) is a chemist; also I've tested on myself all the oils from all the strains and kept a log of the effects. Decarboxylation doesn't really happen until around 180*F (82*C) but decarbing is a very precise matter so your water method may not be too accurate. At its best water will not go over 212*F (100*C) and for a proper decarb you want to go up to 250*F for 27 or 51 minutes depending on your preference.

The reason why you are getting so little RSO is because you are doing a cold wash and are probably only getting a low 12-14% extraction which may be to little for what your sister needs.

Review this thread:

39% extraction yield RSO

Videos on page 3.

Very nice information, very helpful and constructive. Thank you so much Lab Rat! RSO is not as far off as we thought.

I have a plant I am going to put into flower in the next few days and when it's ready we will give your technique a shot. It's a HarleSin HarlequinxACDC potential of 3/2 CBD-THC So should work pretty great for my sister.

Back
Top Bottom