Can hash oil/RSO make me grumpy?

npc3

I have been taking about a grain size amount of rick simpson oil/hash oil for about 2 months. I have been unable to increase my dosage without experiencing rapid heart rate that wakes me from my sleep (I take the oil at night).
The next day I end up feeling grumpy, in a bad mood, feel lethargic and tired and am emotionally all over the place, like I could start crying over nothing. This is 100% out of character for me (usually very happy go lucky person) so I am wondering if it could be a side effect of the oil. Should I take a break from it, decrease dose, etc? It only lasts for one day but I find it weird.

I'm curious to know which strains of cannabis are going into your oil. It sounds like your lack of sleep could be leading to mood issues, in my opinion. From the sound of it, it appears that you are consuming a Sativa-dominant-cannabis-oil. An pure Indica, or an Indica-dominant-based oil may help you sleep better. Mind you, this is only my opinion, based on personal experience that doesn't include the use of oil. I smoke flowers. I've discovered over a long while now, certain strains will knock me out for 4-8 hours. Others will keep me up all night. Being able to be very picky on which strains I get, is one of the reasons I support legalization, and dispensaries or growing, over what's currently available, in my state, anyway. For Indicas, you may want to look into strains that have "Kush" in the name, as an example, and for Sativas, you may want to look into strains with "Haze" in the name. There are literally thousands of strains, or varieties, of cannabis, and each has unique characteristics, so I'd encourage you to experiment with different kinds, and find one that works well for you.

ask what strain your oil supplier is using to make your oil and let us know
def stop taking the oil at night
you could be suffering from anxiety brought on by continued use of too much sativa in the oil
otherwise take the meds during the day and try taking citicholine with it to sleep better at night

Low doses of cannabis can help relieve anxiety however high doses of cannabis can dramatically improve a lot of serious conditions.
Citicholine is an overthecounter nutraceutical that will relieve the anxiety etc of high doses of cannabis.
If it were me, I would try up to 300mg of activated thc edibles including the plants cannabinoids or up to a gram of RSO per day) +900 mg of citicholine as a reasonable target to work up to for serious conditions. Maintanence doses are lower.
Typically RSO is made with heavy indica strains like white widow so it can be taken at night for sedation. Cancer patients benefit from the knock out so they get longer periods of rest and healing.
Refer to Rick Simpson's dosing video at the PhoenixTearsFoundation.com.
all the best

Back
Top Bottom