Help with concentrated Magic Butter Oil - Sleep Aid

MusicMan300

Howdy...first post.

Made my Magic Butter oil and they are now in syringes. I think the strain of botanical I used was fairly strong as it did smell up the entire house when you opened the bag. And when the wife tokes it, a couple of small ones is all she needs. I made a batch in my Magic Butter machine using Grain Alcohol and about 1.75 oz of the smoke.

I am recently cured of cancer (yeah me) and I want to use this oil for two reasons. One, to fight off any possible lingering cancer cells, and two (my main reason), to help me sleep without having to smoke. I had throat/tongue cancer, so smoking again is a little intimidating right now. Yet there is nothing I have read which stated smoking weed gives you cancer - it is always about tobacco.

I have read the thread about RSO and dosage of about 1/4 grain rice, applied to the gum. If I want to put them in capsules to ingest, should I still follow the 1/4 grain of rice guideline? Or does anyone think going to 1/2 grain of rice, especially for sleeping could be an issue?

I wish I knew the strain I had, but I have some photos as someone may be able to assist. I uploaded to my Gallery so maybe someone can help...see next message for photo of what I used.

P1050475.JPG

View image in gallery

Well, I went ahead and tried some small amounts last night. I did 1/4 grain of rice size in a capsule, twice last night before bed - 2 hours apart, so 1/2 grain total.

I got so-so sleep - maybe 3 hours total out of 8-9, and the sleep was on off, not 3 hours then awake. But I did get some wicked cotton mouth from it. Worse than the meds I have taken to sleep during my recovery.

Jeesh, I cannot deal with this type of dry mouth this oil gives me. I am disappointed and maybe I will just have to go back to smoking instead once my throat does not hurt anymore (radiation). I did not realize over the years how much smoking gave me great sleep, I thought it just "helped" a bit.

Sorry for the one sided discussion in this thread......oh well....

Hey music man.
My wife and I (less often) smoke cannabis to help us fall asleep and stay asleep.

I think what you made is tincture, right? I've made that stuff with everclear before and it burns my mouth way too much.

In your case a quality vaporizer may be your best bet. Your buds look very nice and potent.

See, it's not a one sided discussion for long here. Hang tough, you'll figure something out.

Howdy....thanks for joining in LOL

This is what I made: MagicalButter.com Cannabis Oil MBO | MagicalButter.com

I use to smoke before the tongue cancer, but I cannot now as I am dealing with sore mouth/throat from Radiation/Chemo

Looks like I will just have to wait until this pain clears up and I can go back to my old standby - smoking it. Never "Vaped" so interested in how that is.

Patience Grasshopper, Patience.....

Your buds look nice, Music man, but you really have no idea about their Cannanbinoid profile. Not all Cannabis puts you to sleep. Some strains keep you awake and active, paranoid, agitated. Concentrating and dosing to the Simpson guidelines produces a very strong hit of stuff that might just be keeping you awake.

Try tempering your oil with hops. Hops are mildly sedative and can be concentrated in the same way as Cannabis.

I totally agree with oldchuck regarding how important it is to know what strain you're working with. For sleep, getting as close to a 100% indica strain would be your best bet. If you have to choose a hybrid, go no lower than 85% indica.

Back
Top Bottom