Letters from Eddy Lepp via Lompoc Federal Correctional Institution - 7 & 8

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Eddy Lepp is a Vietnam War Veteran and medical marijuana activist who grew medical marijuana for patients in Northern California. He gave away free marijuana to those who needed it most. In 2008 he was sentenced by Federal Judge Marilyn Patel to ten years in federal prison. Although he has been moved to other California prisons, he is currently is currently in Lompoc Federal prison camp. He is expected to be released in 2018.

Denied from visiting Eddy due to his felony, Angela visited Eddy in October but since he has moved to the camp has been barred from visitation. PLEASE WRITE EDDY or donate to his defense fund at Green Aid: The Marijuana Legal Defense and Education Fund, Inc..

Please take a minute to write Eddy a letter and let him know you are following his story:

Charles Edward Lepp
Federal Prison Camp Lompoc
90157-011
3705 West Farm Road
Lompoc, CA 93436

img025.jpg

Eddy in prison, November 2010​

Dear Ed and Angela [Ed's Assistant],

Sorry it took a minute to write this but it is a tough subject for me because now it is hitting very close to home. I have mentioned the horrid diet and all the deaths and heart attacks inside here.

This last week I tested positive for possible colon cancer. I have been told that if caught in the very early stages it is 90% curable but if caught in the later stages it is fatal 90% of the time. I just wonder if I will have to wait 6-12 months to navigate the Federal Prison medical system.

The medical staff tries to help us all they can but the system is defective. I have to travel to the Medium Security Federal Prison [at Lompoc] to see a doctor, it takes hours to do simple appointments.

I fear I may be allowed to die like so many others I have seen in the 18 months I have been in. These and many other issues really must be addressed by someone someday. To call this the land of the free is a joke. The home of the brave is even more laughable.

As one politician after another is elected by screaming he is tough on crime only to abuse the pages, take the bribes, screw those who elected him while touring the country and world on lobbyist money as he or she sells their soul, we suffer.

If you care (VOTE!) call someone and complain about it.

Respect All
Hurt None
Love Another

Eddy

----

Angela,

You asked me about the holidays [in prison], well they are horrid. SO many guys are so depressed about not being home. So few can come and visit. The food is horrible, we get a nice lunch but dinner is a paper bag with lunchmeat you can squeeze like a washcloth and watch oily water run out.

We get 300 minutes on the phone a month, that is 1 ten minute call a day for November. In December we get an extra 100 minutes. We are told that the reason we get so little phone time is that people listen in to every single minute, so it drives a wedge even further into relationships strained by our imprisonment. At some point we will be getting a Christmas sack of off-brand stale candy and cookies. There will be no dance, no songs and no FUCKING TREE.

The Grinch didn't steal Christmas, for you see, the Fed ensured there was nothing to steal. We sit here, next door to Vandenberg Air Force Base and watch them launch rockets that cost millions while we wear socks with holes and pants and shirts covered in paint and stains. Jackets with broken zippers and used shoes and boots that dont always fit. We are fed slop you wouldn't feed a pig.

But then, I should be thankful I only get TEN YEARS AND NOT LIFE, of course at my age, this may be life. I would hope that we can use the holidays as an excuse, to come together as one and work out a plan that we can all agree on to ensure the sacred plant may be legal for all in 2012. If we work together for the good of all, not just a few, we can do this. So please help.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Respect All
Hurt None
Love One Another

Eddy

PS: Although the holidays are hard, unlike many other guys in here I have many wonderful friends who have not let me forget a minute how much they love and support me: Steve Sarich and Jeff G from Washington State. Erica, Craig and Jason who do so much for me. Chris Bennet, Carl Olson, Tom Brown and Vanessa Nelson who all send me news often so I am always up-to-date. And you, Angela, and Ed who give me a voice, love and support.

But often it is the many who don't know me or met me once or twice at one of the many events who warm my heart with their cards, songs, poems, letters from the heart. There are times the love and support is overwhelming, I can't express how wonderful it feels to get 20-30 letters from Harborside Health Center or one of the other outlets that support Marijuana POWs. To get a picture of Hempfest or a news story or magazine about the cause is incredible.

These things all touch me deeply and give me the strength to wake up every day positive that I and we shall overcome and that someday soon our government will insist on justice being done and FREE not only myself but the many who are in here with me that, like me, shouldn't be. But the part that is best of all is how many see to it my wife Linda can go to events and spread the word. Knowing she is there each and every day, knowing how hard it is for her alone, by herself, to carry on, I am so proud and impressed that she can work and do all that she does and still have the time to answer the phone night after night, filling my heart with love and my soul with hope. My JAH continue to bless us all. Retweet this button on every post blogger

Source: Ed Rosenthal: Letters #7-8 from Eddy Lepp via Lompoc Federal Correctional Institution

What a sad place to be f##king stuck in for no reason at all. We all need to be thankful that were not in there too. Keep the faith and don't let the fu##ers destroy your spirit. Love and support, Raysdad :peace::peace::peace:

:peace::peace::circle-of-love::circle-of-love: Please lets all remember that Eddy has already served two years of his sentence this week. :bravo::bravo: I just hope that the Federal Pigs let him out soon for good behavior. If not we won't forget you Eddy the real criminals are the ones that put you in there. :bigtoke::bigtoke::cough::cough::woohoo: RD :peace::peace:

CHARLES EDWARD LEPP (90157011)

7/28/2011 8:11 PM

Subject: Update

It is with sadness and a heavy heart i send this message to my loved ones we lost my appeal i am shocked they were able to decide it in just a few days when we were sure it would take several mo.s to do so i suspose it proves i am in fact a P.O.W. and that darker forces are at work here however kath (my att.) says to not give up hope as she belives they are in error just as patel was she will file a en blank appeal to to 9th curit panel of judges and failing in that we will go to the supreme court the court went against a supreme court ruleing to do what they did so there is much reason for hope however it will take time to get done kath has not yet told me what we are to do or how long it will take i thank you all for being there for me thru all of this may jah continue to bless us all i love and miss each of you very much again thankyou love respect EDDY

9/23/2011 2:06 PM

well its Fri.. the end of another week i pray it has been a good one for all of you it was a little slow here but the weather was good hope you all have a wonderful weekend full of love sunshine and rainbows !!! i love and miss each of you lots and lots and hope we are all together soon love eddy

9/30/2011 4:10 PM

well another week has passed i cant believe how little there is to do in here thank god for books and all the letters i would be lost if not for reading and writing ! no rocket launches or any thing else going on as always a few faces come and a few faces go and of course a few go to the hole. I'm doing well I've lost another 8 pounds and am down to 192 lbs. hope to get down to 175 sometime but not pushing real hard . to many guys die or have heart problems in here when they do to much!! so i just keep on walking and watching what i eat its working so why not. as always thanks to you all for all the love and support special thanks to kitty who has been putting $$ on my books and other things. not much else to say till next week stay HAPPY HEALTHY and HIGH love EDDY (papa) P.S. special prayers for mike and conny hope all is well ?? love EDDY

10/7/2011 1:55 PM

well yet another week down we have a three day holiday this week so an extra day for visits which is cool for those who drive a long ways to see their boys . one of my dearest friends went to the 1/2 way house this week . another is going to R.D.A.P. the drug program down to me and a couple of buds but they are good guys and i am glad to have them for friends. it has been raining this week and might slow down the weekend festivals . we have card games( pool) 8 ball bocce and the winners get a small bag of goodies (candy BBQ.sause ect. not a big deal but something to do . started my new job working in the liberty slow but much easier for me than the kitchen. not much else going on mike and conny are in my prayers as are you all i love and miss you and hope to be with you all soon . my appeal will be to the S.C. in the next 3 weeks . so we should know if they will hear it soon again love and miss you all thanks for being there .EDDY

10/7/2011 9:50 PM

well good news i got the draft of my writ to the supreme court as always kath has done a magnificent job . i can not say in words what her work means to me but she is a jewel. she will send the finished papers soon and then we must wait and see if there is justice left or not i pray there is as so much rides on weather or not they will hear my case. as always thank you all so much for being there for me as i would be lost without your love and support. special thanks to kath once again you hit a home run. LOVE RESPECT EDDY

10/14/2011 9:50 PM

well another week has passed and i see the feds are up to the same old shit lying and doing what ever they please Obama is such a joke and i for a while believed he really would be the catalyst for change boy was i B.S.ING myself of course he was B,S,ing us all now on a more positive note Arizona has brought this up and we must all so to those of you with the means to do so please spread the word and it is this in Oregon vs. Gonzales the supreme court said very clearly that in a state accepted medical issue the fed's had no rights to interfere we need some to file a suit using this case to stop this insane B.S. that they are pulling so please lets all work together and stop this injustice before its to late as always thank you all for being there for me i love and miss each of you love respect eddy

10/21/2011 9:36 PM

well Kath got the paper sent to the supreme so now we wait to hear if they take it or not I'm praying they do but the justice (or lack of it) system seems to be out of wack but I'm praying they will do the right thing and i will be able to see you all soon hope you all have a wonderfully frighting holiday and enjoy love and good times with friends and family BOO BOO BOO now i feel like I'm part of it with you so till next week love respect EDDY

10/28/2011 1:25 PM

well another week is gone and we are still waiting to hear from the SUPREMES about my case. not much has happened this week two of my buds went to the hole. had a visit from Judy which was very nice. hoping you all have a BOOIE Halloween and get lots of candy i know you don't need a party full of scary witches and others to SCARE the shit right out of you just read the papers (haha) not so funny but it is scary what is going on. I'm ok . pray to see you all soon. big ganja hugs kiss's and lots of love. have a BERRY BERRY SCARY Halloween love and miss you all EDDY

after reading why Eddy was locked up. I could not help but have such a distaste in my mouth for our very own federal government. In a nut shell, Eddy is doing time for helping others. I do not bad mouth our country, only those who are running it. GL to eddy and his family. I hope that the appeal goes through.

To: Eddy,
All i can say at this point, is Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! In all honesty you are taking one for the team. Your being where you are, is unfortunate, but useful none the less. You are a statement of the federal governments idiotic hypacrosy and a light in the dark for thousands of others who are being locked away for sharing what is legally ours since gods day 1. Strength and Honer Eddy. I am in your corner.

Adam - Idaho

Back
Top Bottom