Pot Talk with Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
On the latest Real Time with Bill Maher, the stony host engages Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong in a three-minute cannabis conversation.

Maher: Let me ask ask you about the name of your group. I always thought it was about pot.

Armstrong (left): It was absolutely about pot. We were trying to be the Cheech & Chong of punk rock for a while.

Maher: I've said unabashedly that I owe a lot of the good ideas I've ever had in my life to pot. Not to get the hippies too excited...

Armstrong: I don't think that marijuana has every been exclusively a hippie drug.

Maher: Yeah, cops do it.

Armstrong: One of the hardest things about quitting marijuana at the time was 1) I had children, and 2) there were new ways of smoking it all the time. "Hey, try a gravity bong'" or, "Try this thing with a motor on it."

Maher: What's a gravity bong? I've never heard of it.

Armstrong: You've never had a gravity bong hit before?

Maher: Is that when you're upside down?

Armstrong: No. You take a two-liter bottle and fill a bucket up with water. You put a bowl on top of it. You stand up like this [demonstrates] and you light it. You push the two-liter bottle down (in the bucket) and it fills up with smoke and shoots straight into your lungs. You're fucked for a week.

Maher (left): I thought the biggest innovation in pot smoking was the vaporizer. That to me was a much bigger change because you didn't have to burn the substance. It's vaporized.

Armstrong: I like burning the substance. It smells good. It fills the room. You vaporize it and it's just one more reason to hide the fact that it's something that should be legal.

Maher: It's for your lungs. Instead of burning something that's bad for you - burning's got to be harder on your lungs. This is just vaporizing it.

Armstrong: We're gonna talk about weed. like, the entire time [laughs].

Maher: Let's get back to the music.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: celebstoner.com
Copyright: 2010 CelebStoner
Website: Pot Talk with Bill Maher and Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong

• Thanks to MedicalNeed for submitting this article

Back
Top Bottom