Writers Who Smoke to Write

I know of none still living. I am interested if anyone can contribute more but I suspect that they are afraid that publishers will give them a hard time. Music seems to have a different standard.

i was gonna say if stephen king aint smokin,i dont know who is ,he writes some freaky stuff,,,i read once where he scared himself so badly writing "pet cemetery' i believe,that he had himself checked by a shrink, thats pretty spooky when you scare yourself. quentin tarrentinos stuff is out there too, i imagine he's blazin

Theres a clip of him being interviwed (Quentin Tarrentino) in the Late Night Show with connan of him openly admitting he blazed with Brad pitt during a movie shoot. I'll try to youtube it.

I f'ing love Tarantino. I would blaze with him anyday. I'm not sure of any other writers that smoke though. When I find out I'll def post.

Hunter S. Thompson would smoke...along with just about every other type of mind-altering substance he could find, even experimental stuff. Of course he's dead, but not from that stuff. Peace!

Hunter S. Thompson would smoke...along with just about every other type of mind-altering substance he could find, even experimental stuff. Of course he's dead, but not from that stuff. Peace!
He spent a year hanging out with the Hells Angels, mind altering does'nt even come close. He also got the shit kicked out of him by them but he deserved it at the time, Support Connecticut 81...:peace:

Most of the Beat generation who are practically all dead [the main three: Jack kerouac, William S. Burroughs, Allen Ginsberg]

I imagine that quite a few sci-fi writers have/do, Philip K Dick [also obviously dead]

What I'm most interested in, is what writers pre- 1940s smoked pot!?

hmm did anyone see the christmas episode of the simpsons? Otto shovels pot into the polar express to make it fly! Hmmmmm.

Most of the Beat generation who are practically all dead [the main three: Jack kerouac, William S. Burroughs, Allen Ginsberg]

I imagine that quite a few sci-fi writers have/do, Philip K Dick [also obviously dead]

What I'm most interested in, is what writers pre- 1940s smoked pot!?

I'm fairly certain Aldous Huxley smoked pre-1940's. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I read that somewhere.

I'm fairly certain Aldous Huxley smoked pre-1940's. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I read that somewhere.

I don't think that Mr. Huxley smoked weed, at least "regularly". It is a matter of fact that he consumed LSD on his deathbed. Coolridge's "Kubla Khan" was written during a Hashish revery. Many of the late 19th century French Bohemian writers partook of hashish, also.

The only drawback to the "expansive" breed of weed is that I become a bit too expansive, especially with my ramblings here on this site. It is frequently to my embarrassment and the reader's amusement.:hookah:

do bands, comics, etc. count? lol...

cuzz that list can go on and on. we are always shocked at the guests that actually smoke alot of pot when they come on our show. pot just helps calm the other senses down enough to focus on certain stuff...

do bands, comics, etc. count? lol...

cuzz that list can go on and on. we are always shocked at the guests that actually smoke alot of pot when they come on our show. pot just helps calm the other senses down enough to focus on certain stuff...

I'd be more shocked(*) when I hear about one that doesn't use cannabis.

(*)and faintly disbelieving.:Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom