Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Writers Who Smoke to Write

Writers Who Smoke to Write

Outside of Stephen King, anyone know of any writers who are open about pot enhancing their process?

420 Member

Re: Writers Who Smoke to Write

I know of none still living. I am interested if anyone can contribute more but I suspect that they are afraid that publishers will give them a hard time. Music seems to have a different standard.

i was gonna say if stephen king aint smokin,i dont know who is ,he writes some freaky stuff,,,i read once where he scared himself so badly writing "pet cemetery' i believe,that he had himself checked by a shrink, thats pretty spooky when you scare yourself. quentin tarrentinos stuff is out there too, i imagine he's blazin

Theres a clip of him being interviwed (Quentin Tarrentino) in the Late Night Show with connan of him openly admitting he blazed with Brad pitt during a movie shoot. I'll try to youtube it.

I f'ing love Tarantino. I would blaze with him anyday. I'm not sure of any other writers that smoke though. When I find out I'll def post.

420 Member

Hunter S. Thompson would smoke...along with just about every other type of mind-altering substance he could find, even experimental stuff. Of course he's dead, but not from that stuff. Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by P8riot View Post
    Hunter S. Thompson would smoke...along with just about every other type of mind-altering substance he could find, even experimental stuff. Of course he's dead, but not from that stuff. Peace!
    He spent a year hanging out with the Hells Angels, mind altering does'nt even come close. He also got the shit kicked out of him by them but he deserved it at the time, Support Connecticut 81...

I love to smoke and write lol.

Tom Robbins! Wonderful stuff!

Most of the Beat generation who are practically all dead [the main three: Jack kerouac, William S. Burroughs, Allen Ginsberg]

I imagine that quite a few sci-fi writers have/do, Philip K Dick [also obviously dead]

What I'm most interested in, is what writers pre- 1940s smoked pot!?

hmm did anyone see the christmas episode of the simpsons? Otto shovels pot into the polar express to make it fly! Hmmmmm.

"Give a guy a bud and no bong and he becomes MacGyver real fast!"= Tommy Chong

I think people need to be educated to the fact that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is an herb and a flower. God put it here. If He put it here and He wants it to grow, what gives the government the right to say that God is wrong?
    -Willie Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by styles05 View Post
    Most of the Beat generation who are practically all dead [the main three: Jack kerouac, William S. Burroughs, Allen Ginsberg]

I imagine that quite a few sci-fi writers have/do, Philip K Dick [also obviously dead]

What I'm most interested in, is what writers pre- 1940s smoked pot!?
    I'm fairly certain Aldous Huxley smoked pre-1940's. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I read that somewhere.

420 Member

Quote Originally Posted by Berman View Post
    I'm fairly certain Aldous Huxley smoked pre-1940's. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I read that somewhere.
    I don't think that Mr. Huxley smoked weed, at least "regularly". It is a matter of fact that he consumed LSD on his deathbed. Coolridge's "Kubla Khan" was written during a Hashish revery. Many of the late 19th century French Bohemian writers partook of hashish, also.

420 Member

The only drawback to the "expansive" breed of weed is that I become a bit too expansive, especially with my ramblings here on this site. It is frequently to my embarrassment and the reader's amusement.

do bands, comics, etc. count? lol...

cuzz that list can go on and on. we are always shocked at the guests that actually smoke alot of pot when they come on our show. pot just helps calm the other senses down enough to focus on certain stuff...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast