Air Pots air pruning. Anyone use these and how do they go?

Mr Messy

I'm putting in a new Coco coir Blumat system and think I will use the new air pots, anyone got any comments?

theyre amazing. best root systems youll get out of soil (best ive seen at least)

you'll be pleased =]

using them currently and have used them in the past. they really promote great root structure

oh also keep in mind there's a lot more air getting to the soil/medium/whatever so you might find yourself watering more than normal. they tend to dry out evenly though, especially when the roots get a nice foundation going. i wouldnt use any other pot =]

Thanks guys, that's exacly what I thought. Will put some shots up. Did
You guys see my thread about as a lighting? Any thoughts

That's plasma lighting lol ;)-"

nope didnt see it but ill look.

420 took the post down, accidentally posted twice :(

Anyway, have you got any experience with plasma

I'm putting in a new Coco coir Blumat system and think I will use the new air pots, anyone got any comments?

I have used super roots plastic airpots and smart pots, love em both. I have wanted to try that blumat system, thats for auto watering right? If you get a chance please let us know how that turns out for you

I have used super roots plastic airpots and smart pots, love em both. I have wanted to try that blumat system, thats for auto watering right? If you get a chance please let us know how that turns out for you

Hi homesteader, yeh sure will. There new to me as well but come highly recommended! The airpots are a root pruning pot so should give great root ball, no moisture problems.
The Blumat just make sense, if they work!? The ceramic sensor dries at a similar rate to the coco and the valve won't open until the the roots have had a good chance to dry. That means their thrustey when they get Fresno supply of water, nutes, air, co2, mites and fungi.
I'm have been writing a grow journal and gathering shots so will start it very soon. Have a look and ask any questions you like!

Ha Aspen, let me start by saying, do you live in Aspen! I'm a board riding freak, it's all I do, well not quite.
Your very welcome to subscribe to my grow, it would be my pleasure! It's about to go up, just gathering info, shots ect.
Should only be a few days.

air pots are great. they can be a little messy mate lol. water out of holes but they are much better than regular pots. i had a mother going nearly 4 years in a 40 litre air pot, was a beauty till the filth got their hands on it!

im looking into plasma lighting, never used them though. i think they will be unreal. ive just ordered leds so going to trial them first but will watch closely if u get plasma lighting.

Ha Cultivator, I've had one crop through with the airpots now and I'm in love. Just got 6more. The root structure is fantastic. I use the digital bulbs, the best broad spectrum HPS. Gavita Pro Digital. They come in 600-1000w. You mentioned full spectrum bulbs in your journal and these are the newest fron Philips sub branch Gavita. They are designed for digital balast and the filliment doesn't bent with the high frequency fron the new Balasts. They ROCK! I will upgrade to the Plasma next year as they are made by Gavita as well. Thay are the best lighting company in my mind.
I'm with you, roots ball is the most important bit. H&G helps that no end.
IMG_127312.JPG
image3819.jpg
IMG_117214.JPG

By the way the last shot is the dual watering system I use, Tropf Blumat ceramic and a presure black nuts delivery system.

In my latest grow, I have a trainwreck in a 10 gal Air pot. I can't wait to see how much bigger it makes the plants. She is grown with organic pallets called B1. Ironicly, they have no b1 in them, but they have npk, micros, amino acids, and beneficial bacteria. They are a 2-3 week time release pellet, so you can flush them out easily. Just time the last top dressing right.

Anyway, I love these pellets. My auto mazar on them vs the auto mazar on floranova, wow. Organic is killing it big time.

I am pretty sure airpots will be my new staple for pots.

Forgot to say, in the airpot, I use 50% coco, treated with calmag 100ppm, and 25% perlite, 25% pumus, the grey stuff that looks a lot like perlite.

Ha Cultivator, I've had one crop through with the airpots now and I'm in love. Just got 6more. The root structure is fantastic. I use the digital bulbs, the best broad spectrum HPS. Gavita Pro Digital. They come in 600-1000w. You mentioned full spectrum bulbs in your journal and these are the newest fron Philips sub branch Gavita. They are designed for digital balast and the filliment doesn't bent with the high frequency fron the new Balasts. They ROCK! I will upgrade to the Plasma next year as they are made by Gavita as well. Thay are the best lighting company in my mind.
I'm with you, roots ball is the most important bit. H&G helps that no end.
IMG_127312.JPG
image3819.jpg
IMG_117214.JPG

By the way the last shot is the dual watering system I use, Tropf Blumat ceramic and a presure black nuts delivery system.

Could you please explain your watering system and the model and parts used? Thank You Ketinkrad

G'day Ketinrak, there are two different dripper systems here. The first one is for the basic salts, coco A and B, multizyme, drip clean and Bud XL if in flower and is stored in the resouvior. This is a German system called Tropt Blumat Sensor System. It's a ceramic water filled cone with a sealed cap and presure trigger to allow the dripper to drip. It works on suction presure based on water content of the coco. When it is saturated it closes and stops dripping. As the coco dries out due to feeding the drying air puts presure on the ceramic cone and opens the trigger to allow dripping again. This lets the plant go through the wet to dry cycle as the plant feeds and only let's the dripers work again at the point the semsor is set. How much water you want in the pot. I set it to about 50% of saturation so that I can add the additives ( not basic salts but black water nutes such as roots ecel, amino, Algen, minerals, bennies etc) when the plants requires them. This brings me to the second watering system. This is a pump presure spray bottle hocked up to a inline driper. I have used desposable dripers in this line so they can be changed if they become blocked. The brown section just pulls out and is replaced at will. This lets me mix and deliver the black nutes whenever I like and at mix rates I desire at the time.
So to clarify, the Blumat system works on gravity and the plants feed at will, two or three times a day.
The black water dripper is at will delivery.
Hers some pics
IMG_117617.JPG
IMG_117714.JPG
IMG_117214.JPG

That's the black water system
IMG_106411.JPG
image2107.jpg
image2106.jpg
image2062.jpg

Blumat system.

The Blumat is the best watering system I've used. No guessing. Water pressure can't lie. The black system just makes it easier to water the blacks nutes when the tent is very full. No hands and knees crawling around hand watering. The Blumat system also let's me leave the plants alone for up to a week or as long as the res has solution.

I hope this helps and if you have any questions please let me know.
:Namaste:

No worries, if you use it for a main system you can get a 20lt electric sprayer and put it on a timer if you want it automated
It sure works
image7322.jpg

Back
Top Bottom