Munki's 2 x 4 Bubba Kush ScrOG Bondage

Howdy folks! You may be aware of my last journal which I ended up running as a Screen of Green (ScrOG). It was very successful yielding 8 ounces of kind bud and a Plant of the Month nod from this community. For that I say :thanks:

I have redesigned the tent a bit. I am still going with the ebb and flow method of water and nutrient delivery. I just added a second flood bucket and pump system to a common reservoir. The pump times are staggered so only one is flooded at a time so there is the maximum of water in the rez for each bucket.

Most other equipment is the same as before. 400 watt HPS in a 4 foot square tent gives me a lot of room to work. I have it presently suspended 18 inches above the plants. It was higher for the first few days, but just lowered it to this height now. I still have the UV light but if I do run it, it will be in the later flowering stage. For the screen though, I wanted a way to secure it to the plants somehow so it wouldn't be too easy to shift the screen relative to the plants. I built a plywood floor and raised it up with 2 x 2 boards. I then secured two 5 gallon buckets to the floor with bolts. On this I can put the plants. Towards the corners of the wood floor I drilled 4 holes about 1 inch deep for the PVC pipe ends to sit from my ScrOG screen frame.

Decided to go with an indica this time around. Bubba Kush clones from a good friend of mine were generously supplied in order to see what I could do with them. 1 plant per bucket so a total of 2 plants this grow. I feel I am up to the challenge.

Nutrients are General Hydroponics's Flora Series. I will be using the Lucas Method at the mixing level of 7ml/gal of Micro and 14ml/gal of Bloom. Floralicious plus and KoolBloom will be added later in the grow but for the first week it will be the micro and bloom at a 1/4 strength with a vitamin B-1 supplement in order to encourage root growth.

Medium used is Hydroton clay pebbles. Grow started on October 29th, 2009. Water only for first couple of days. Had to deal with a small leak in the res. Some epoxy fixed that up and I am now moving forward with nutrients in the tank.

2009-10-29_14.jpg

2009-10-29_15.jpg

2009-10-29_16.jpg

2009-10-29_17.jpg

2009-10-29_12.jpg

2009-10-29_13.jpg

2009-10-29_09.jpg

2009-10-29_10.jpg

2009-10-29_11.jpg

2009-10-29_07.jpg

2009-11-01_05.jpg

2009-11-01_04.jpg

2009-11-01_03.jpg

2009-11-01_02.jpg

2009-11-01_01.jpg

In that last pic, I am showing where the ScrOG PVC frame legs drop into the floor.

Here we go again! :theband:

Nice, Expecting Big things.
I Know You'll Deliver, Im running a SCRoG too
which you somewhat motivated me to do with your great sucess

I hope I can exceed those big expectations. Having another successful grow would help to show that the first grow wasn't just a fluke.

Everything looks like you are more then ready to grow, Great set-up, great strain, great plan, and great grower. You have it all lined up. Good luck and cant wait to see it all happen. + rep

missed the last one but on board for this one man that las grow was awesome.. got a question about your bucket might seem dumb as i am very new to hydro your setup is ebb and flow why are your hoses attached to top of the bucket ..

missed the last one but on board for this one man that las grow was awesome.. got a question about your bucket might seem dumb as i am very new to hydro your setup is ebb and flow why are your hoses attached to top of the bucket ..

That is a great question. Well the big hoses are up there as they are the overflow tubes and therefore establish the high water mark so the buckets don't overflow. The small tubes are the fill and drain lines. By putting them above the overflow point, water cannot leak through those points. There are tubes on the inside that go to the bottoms of the buckets. When the pumps shut off, the water drains out via siphon action as the buckets are higher than the reservoir. The idea came from here (look to the bottom of the page)...

CannaStats - Hydro System Plans - Part2 Plumbing

Note how they did not put the fill/drain line above the overfill line. That is something I corrected. If doing the same, make sure the pumps used have a head height that can reach the top of the bucket.

First thing I noticed too. I thought they all had to be on the floor with the fittings on the bottom of the bucket.

Munki knows what he's doing, he'll explain it to us.

My system is somewhat like the ebb n grow system but I use gravity to drain the buckets. By doing so, I do not need a fancy control bucket. If I were to do a larger grow with many plants, then I would need to either get a flood tray table or go towards the C.A.P. Ebb n Grow system.

Nice to see you back in the game munki! I'm interested to see what happens here! Subscribed :) Perhaps another plant of the month.

Great previous grow Munki....followed it quietly all the way. Looking forward to this grow....It will be interesting how this strain does in comparison from the pictures, but only you will know the real differences.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

My system is somewhat like the ebb n grow system but I use gravity to drain the buckets. By doing so, I do not need a fancy control bucket. If I were to do a larger grow with many plants, then I would need to either get a flood tray table or go towards the C.A.P. Ebb n Grow system.

You know i was asking myself how your buckets worked the whole way through your first grow too.....but to scared to look like an idiot. SYPHON ..of course.

I have a similar system in that the buckets are raised, but the drain is at the bottom of the bucket and i have the pump line pump to four points around the top of each pot, hence the fluid trickles through the media slowly filling up (as pump is faster than gravity drain).....The only advantage of standard ebb and flow is that the control unit allows everything to sit on the ground, hence giving greater grow height for sativa varieties.

Agreed you lose some height with my grow system, but my tent is about 7 feet tall, so I am good for my style (especially with ScrOG).

Something I did not mention in the first post is how the base can be adjusted in height by adding or removing buckets to the stack. I presently have 2 in each stack but could have used more if my light was fixed to a certain position like I have seen in other cabinets. Just pointing that out as it is an easy way to make an adjustable height floor.

P.S. Appreciate the early thread votes everyone! I strive to make this another 5 star grow.

great setup, excellent last grow! I will be watching you grow again, as I will be running a similar setup. thanks for the inspiration...good luck!

Right on!! I am soooo excited to see this grow too. Your last one really rocked and I bet those nugs were dank. Congrats!! Its really exciting to get home to see the progress and conversations taking place here. Its been a while since I've looked foward to opening up my email to see progress on anything. I'm already getting excited to see this grow as I am doing the same thing except in soil. I started vegging some of those plants you saw in my cloner on 10/17. I topped them, LST and getting ready to 12/12 soon. I just need to build my scrog.

Right on!! I am soooo excited to see this grow too. Your last one really rocked and I bet those nugs were dank. Congrats!! Its really exciting to get home to see the progress and conversations taking place here. Its been a while since I've looked foward to opening up my email to see progress on anything. I'm already getting excited to see this grow as I am doing the same thing except in soil. I started vegging some of those plants you saw in my cloner on 10/17. I topped them, LST and getting ready to 12/12 soon. I just need to build my scrog.

Love to see some pics of your grow sometime.

Glad to see you aboard WoF. I just checked in with the youngins and I now have noticed some growth starting. They look a bit more perky too. I had buried the clones up to their first leaves and presently they are now standing a 2 inches and 2 3/4 inches (left and right plants). Color is still pretty pale but I hope that will change for the darker once the nutes get kicked up to full strength, probably this weekend. Added some more of the Vitamin B-1 stuff, 60 ml in the 12 gallon tank. I can see it had precipitated to the bottom of the rez. I think that the bottle I have isn't much good as it has many particles in it now and doesn't smell like B vitamins so much. It sure did when I bought it. Oh well, it was like 3 dollars for a big bottle. I will get more pics up in the next couple of days as by then the growth should be more visible.

Munki, just got my wife's med card approved for 24 plants here in Colorado. State law says 6. so we'll go by that. Going to grow Satori by Mandala seeds.

I'm following this grow because it's a lot like my own. I have a tent too. I know I've promised you, but a journal is coming very soon.

Keep up the great work and thanks so much for your help. You really help people like me--newbies. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom