ThatBoyDean's Simple Grow

Been awhile since i last done a documented journal, so i'm gonna keep it simple for those that missed class!

I'll be growing nine clones 8 Lemon Skunk and one Blue Cheese

Heres a list of the setup

x1: Secret Jardin Dr80

x1: 400W Mh and a Hps bulbs

x1: 350cfm S&P Fan

x2: 9inch Oscillating Fans

Strain Info

LEMON SKUNK
Old school Skunk, from the Amsterdam underground.
Smooth citrus flavor, complex effect, well balanced and long-lasting.
Indoor ready in 8 weeks, but an extra week will increase dramatically terpens content in the resin, resulting in a much richer flavor.

Blue Cheese
Blue Cheese was created, first by selecting a Blueberry male
from the entire collections of several different breeder versions of Blueberry.
The selected male was then crossed with our proud mother, and the backbone of many of our breeding projects - the original UK Cheese.
From these crosses, a male with extremely fruity characteristics
was chosen as the father of our Blue Cheese!

Nutrients

Bio Bizz grow and bloom

Plagron Bat guano

Epsom salts if needed

:riskybusiness:

Okay that said lets get start, here are a few pictures of my setup and first seven of growth.
DSC05894.jpg
DSC058661.jpg

400W Mh
DSC05873.jpg
DSC058691.jpg

Outtake air setup
DSC05910.jpg
DSC05897.jpg

19.02.2010 to the 20.02.2010 Repotted in to Bio Bizz All Mix, in 7ltr pots
DSC05864.jpg
DSC05884.jpg

When i repotted this Bad girls i gave them 10ml of Bio Bizz Fish-Mix and 5ml of Canna Rhizotonic to 10 liters of water, Ph adjusted to 6.5

23.02.2010 to the 26.02.2010
DSC058901.jpg
DSC05908.jpg

Okay it's day seven and the hungary clones have started to up take there organics and looking really nice and green now:winkyface:

Dean, Good to see you back and in action..... Looks good and sounds good, looking forward to watching them grow into beautiful ladies.... :popcorn:

Irie thanx for taking time to have a look on my little adventure! Hope your able to enjoy it.

Your Part Deux journal is coming along nicely and the Chernoby is looking really frosty brother!

i've got some Querkle seeds that i have not had the chance to germ yet but believe when i do i'm gonna have some fooking dank budz.

Anyway did you get those Chernobyl beans from TGA subcool?

That I did, I have a little Jack the Ripper going too:peace:... I have a feeling I will be growing out a few more of his too... The Querkle looks good, you need to get those bad boyz going..Thanks, the Chernobyl just continues to impress me... Good genetics... :peace:

I repotted mine at 2 weeks old and now they're 22 days old and I doubt they've grown another inch! maybe a bit bushier. They look healthy, environment is stable...I guess just transplant shock? Whatever. I hope yours don't just stall out like mine have.

Will be looking to get some JTR myself, as i unfortunately lost my Jack Herer Mother and JTR seems like it'll be a good replacement!
I'll be popping the Querkle in the near future but have alot of other strains in my collection too try before i get to give them ago.

I also wonna get a few more of his stains but in due time!

I repotted mine at 2 weeks old and now they're 22 days old and I doubt they've grown another inch! maybe a bit bushier. They look healthy, environment is stable...I guess just transplant shock? Whatever. I hope yours don't just stall out like mine have.

Mine are fine and growing daily at roughly 1/2 inch per day, my roots have reached the bottom of the pots in seven days and i'm now expecting them to grow more vigorous and at a rate of about an inch per day!

From what size pots did you transplant from and in too! and did your roots form a decent root ball before repotting?

Hey Dean.

I've been using your PH charts all over the place (hope you don't mind) ever since you helped me out on a question way back when.

Can't wait to see what you do with these two strains. Please consider me in.

Sincerely
SF

Thats know problem at all SF, as i'm happy i could help when it was needed.

I'd also like to say thanx for decided to join my journal, hope to see you around!

TBD

Hi people hope all is well today!

So heres a little update.

Since my first post little has changed and they have not been given any feeding or watered.

My girls have been in there new pots for ten days and are growing nicely at a rate of 1/2 an inch to an inch per day like i predicted in post 9. The roots have reached the bottom of the pots at about day five, appearing at the drainage holes.

The plants now measure between a range of 6 and 7 inches, so looks like i'll be flowering within this week, as this will be a SOG type grow if you have not already noticed.

DSC059171.jpg
DSC059141.jpg

Flowering Start date!

Okay its been two days and my girls are now 7 to 8 inches tall, growing at a healthy rate of 1/2 inch per day!

It's also 14 days today that i transplanted them into 7 liter pots, they were watered yesterday with 5ml of Rhizotonic to 10 liters of water.
I'll also begin flowering today and switch my MH bulb to a HPS... :smokin:

Mine are fine and growing daily at roughly 1/2 inch per day, my roots have reached the bottom of the pots in seven days and i'm now expecting them to grow more vigorous and at a rate of about an inch per day!

From what size pots did you transplant from and in too! and did your roots form a decent root ball before repotting?

I went from little 6" pots to 3 gallons I think...11 liters..something like that. They're growin' again, just switched to 12/12 today at about 10" tall. maybe that was too soon. Day 29? They are quite bushy though, they just didn't go vertical. under 400 W MH Sungro w/ red. Now they're under 600 W. HPS..I think 2700 k..or 2000. it's a Ushio. I've got hard water, PH down from 8.6 - 8.8, to 6.6 - 6.7...The water's so bad that when I add my fox farms nutes, including tiger bloom, I generally dont need to adjust at all. and I hear TB usually tanks the PH.
Anyway, these are about 3 weeks behind some others, and they also stalled out at the end of veg. I wonder if it's that high ph water? even though I adjust it, I hear that's a bad thing because the ppm if high or something...

Dean,
I am in for your grow, my man. We are doing our first grow using the 400W MH/HPS and are about 10 days into flowering....it's been a ride. I thoroughly enjoyed your past grows and looking forward to seeing this one come to fruition.

I went from little 6" pots to 3 gallons I think...11 liters..something like that. They're growin' again, just switched to 12/12 today at about 10" tall. maybe that was too soon. Day 29? They are quite bushy though, they just didn't go vertical. under 400 W MH Sungro w/ red. Now they're under 600 W. HPS..I think 2700 k..or 2000. it's a Ushio. I've got hard water, PH down from 8.6 - 8.8, to 6.6 - 6.7...The water's so bad that when I add my fox farms nutes, including tiger bloom, I generally dont need to adjust at all. and I hear TB usually tanks the PH.
Anyway, these are about 3 weeks behind some others, and they also stalled out at the end of veg. I wonder if it's that high ph water? even though I adjust it, I hear that's a bad thing because the ppm if high or something...

Are you growing from seed?? 10'' tall in 29 days is quite a healthy rate of growth if so. Not much i can say about your problem! As it could be the strain your growing but will try to give you some advice for your next grow

Repot in stages as a properly formed root ball will reward you come harvest.

something like this: 3inch,6inch,4litre then to your final 11litre pots! keep soil fluffy and do not compress it, root will struggle to penetrate if you do

I've also noticed that sometimes plants don't take of fast if pots are to big. They will not grow much at all, til the roots reach the bottom of the pots

What are you using to pH your water?? because once done correctly there should not be any problems brother! but i've never used Fox farm nutrients and don't know how they'd react in hard water!

Looking good m8 , Im in ...

Thanx Haze, just relax and take a seat.

Dean,
I am in for your grow, my man. We are doing our first grow using the 400W MH/HPS and are about 10 days into flowering....it's been a ride. I thoroughly enjoyed your past grows and looking forward to seeing this one come to fruition.

Thanx brother and welcome

Hope all goes well with your grow Hypo hippy and you get the results wanted! Good luck...:smokin:

thanks for your help. i bet it was the big pots...it makes sense that I wouldn't see as much vertical late in veg since the roots were digging deeper. wish I hadn't have done that..but I was thinking less repots = less stress = more growth... i thought if I kept it in the 6" pot long enough it'd form a good rootball and I'd be ok.
anyway, thanks for taking your attention away from your grow and workin on mine for a bit.

thanks for your help. i bet it was the big pots...it makes sense that I wouldn't see as much vertical late in veg since the roots were digging deeper. wish I hadn't have done that..but I was thinking less repots = less stress = more growth... i thought if I kept it in the 6" pot long enough it'd form a good rootball and I'd be ok.
anyway, thanks for taking your attention away from your grow and workin on mine for a bit.

Thats cool BK and thank you. Hope all goes well for the rest of your grow!

Nutrients

Here are some of the nutrients i'm using!

I will be getting some Epsom Salt and Bat Guano during the week to complete the nutrients list for this grow and will give a full update on my ladies saturday coming...

Nutrients6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom