Roadrunner 126 Watt LED Via DWC

Level Head

A quick plant deserves a quick journal :surf:

I'm a light smoker and only wanted one plant for personal use so I set up a 126 watt LED and used a 6 gallon bucket with dual airstones and waterpump which both ran continuously.

• Dinafem Roadrunner Feminized
  • Dutchmaster Gold, supplemented by a little CalMag then Final Phase followed by 7 days RO water.
  • Used 3/4 strength until the second half of flowering then mixed at full strength and a little heavy on the Phosphorus
  • 126 watt HGL LED (12 lights went out 8 days from finish - I think I lost one of the wavelengths because the ones that went out were in the same position in each bank; so I supplemented with 2 x 68 watt CFLs for the last 8 days)
  • RODI water the whole way, weekly airbaths and reservoir cleaning
  • Water temp stayed in the 80s the whole ride (couldn't keep it at my 65F target)
  • Oversized dehumidifier kept things in the 10-20% range for flowering
  • 2 x 2 tent with 80 SCFM inline fan and 4" carbon filter

Roadrunner typically finishes between 60 and 75 days from seed

Picking things up at Day 50 - a color shot
01_Day_50_color.JPG

Roots at Day 53
05_Day_53_DWC_roots.JPG

Air Bath at Day 53
04_Day_53_air_bath.JPG

03_Day_53_during_airbath.JPG

I ran the light at 10 inches as seedling, 6 inches during stretch and 3 inches during swell. I was happy with these set points. Light is quiet, stays cool, fans are no issue. Wish those few lights didn't go out, but really not that big of a deal in the big picture.

Here's a plant's eye view

08_Day_67_114_watt_LED_plants_view.JPG

Fast Forward a week of hang drying in 45% RH at 65F tent weather

Scale Tare
15_7_Days_Dry_Tare.JPG

Bowl 1
18_Final_Bowl_1.JPG

Bowl 1 with Colas ready for trimming
16_7_Days_Dry.JPG

Fully Nuggified
17_7_Days_Dry_Nugged.JPG

Bowl 2
19_Final_Bowl_2.JPG

So 102.6 grams after 7 days dry in 67 days from seed.

The wattage isn't completely clean since I started with 126 watts of LED but finished with 114, but then again added back 68 x 2 CFL for 8 days.

On a weighted average basis it's ~0.75 grams/watt

I clearly had space for a second plant that would have received nearly equal light so I'm sure a second plant would have put things well over 1 g/w but as I said in the opening, I'm a light smoker and just didn't need all that much around. :surf:

Hey man, awesome job! That plant looked really good, I bet the smoke is going to be out of this world. Congrats!

As to your LEDs going out. I think you maybe incorrect. I own the same light and the LEDs in each bank that appear not to be working are IR LEDs. IR light is not visible to the human eye and therefor appears not to be functioning. I hope that helps. Your yield posted some nice numbers for this 126w, in fact it looks to be one of the better harvest I seen with that specific light but you did supplement with CFL. I wonder would it would have done with out the CFL. Eitherway that is not the point, the point is you grew a great plant. I bet your extremely happy?

Edit*****

I looked at your picture and I can assure you that none of your LEDs stopped working. Those are for sure the IR leds and they appear the exact same way on my light that is why they are in the same bank, because they are the same IR leds she uses in here light engines or whatever she calls'em.

No worries man, Im sure some other people will agree with me once the see this. :roorrip:

Edit*****

I looked at your picture and I can assure you that none of your LEDs stopped working. Those are for sure the IR leds and they appear the exact same way on my light that is why they are in the same bank, because they are the same IR leds she uses in here light engines or whatever she calls'em.

No worries man, Im sure some other people will agree with me once the see this. :roorrip:

yeppers, dem der IR's my panel looks exactly the same, unless i'm stoned and overlooking sumthan.

Thanks guys, must be me :smokin:

I would have swore all lights were lit out of the box, then one day near the end I looked up and they weren't.

I appreciate you correcting my assumption

Excellent job LH I have a roadrunner going right now in about 30 days with bud developing the last week, if you want you can go to my journal at the bottom here, if there any advice or tip's you could bestow to me! I would gladly accept any advice from someone who has grow this strain.

Growing in a signle bubble bucket and is about 3' or so tall, but looks to be on the skmpy side, is this typical of the strain.

Looks great! hay what do you think if you had 6 six of these babies going, I don't but am thinking of it depending how this turns out.

Coming up on 3 weeks in the jars. No sign of condensate during daily burpings.

A pine smell, which was very background at chop time, is becoming a little more dominant. The skunk smell is becoming more faint but getting sweeter.

Still haven't tried it :surf:

Scissor hash really really kicked my light-smoker butt. One good sized hit and found myself sitting down staring at the wall. I can only imagine what some of the guys with really high THC strains must enjoy.

I was lucky enough to get a small bit of gumby hash as well - about 5 grams but still a little wet, so I'd guess 3-ish when fully dry.

Very conscious of the body-stone but not so overpowering that it annoyed me. Still, could feel my pulse in all extremities with that tingle you get with a good body high. Was really happy to have preliminary confirmation that the low paranoia strain was really low paranoia.

Really looking forward to this weekend to try the bud and see whether it was all worth it :surf:

I chose this grade for it's high CBD content (pain relieving) and because it looked relatively easy to grow.

I have Gout (and bad arthritis) and the pain reliever that's prescribed for Gout flair up comes with huge nausea type symptoms. It's really hard to take and you have to choose between the gout pain or some relief in trade for feeling horrible from the pain reliever.

If the bud is anything like the scissor hash effect I think it'll work just fine for me.

Coming up on 3 weeks in the jars. No sign of condensate during daily burpings.

A pine smell, which was very background at chop time, is becoming a little more dominant. The skunk smell is becoming more faint but getting sweeter.

Still haven't tried it :surf:

Scissor hash really really kicked my light-smoker butt. One good sized hit and found myself sitting down staring at the wall. I can only imagine what some of the guys with really high THC strains must enjoy.

I was lucky enough to get a small bit of gumby hash as well - about 5 grams but still a little wet, so I'd guess 3-ish when fully dry.

Very conscious of the body-stone but not so overpowering that it annoyed me. Still, could feel my pulse in all extremities with that tingle you get with a good body high. Was really happy to have preliminary confirmation that the low paranoia strain was really low paranoia.

Really looking forward to this weekend to try the bud and see whether it was all worth it :surf:

LH so you did ther process of gumby hash method, was it an easy process or hard to one to do? and that was the gumby bubble hash method:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom