Chrome's 'Just Mess'in Around' CFL + Bag Seed Grow

ItsChrome

Well finally after months and months of talking, planning, researching,ect I have stared a grow. How ever it is not the grow I have been planning on rather just a small half assed grow. Something to basically get me started with my home grow. Basically I bought an 1/8 of some mid's out of which i have 6 or 7 seeds. a few look kind of immature and a few look really good with a few some where in between. If just one seed grows, what ever I'm just messing around any ways.

so the spec's:
1 closet of good size(haven't measured but its probably about 4x4x15)
6 or 8 x 23watt CFL's (haven't decided how many yet)
Its gonna be soil because I have several bags of soil for my roof top garden

I just got home from lowes with my Jiffy windowsill Green House to get my seeds started off in and will be getting the seeds started as soon as I am off of here. I will post pics at some point but right now all I have to show is seeds and I think you all have seen them before.. I will have some pics as soon as I have sprouts that's for sure.

Well I'm still waiting for my seeds to sprout and show any sign of life but I think they have been getting too cold. To remedy this I set up an old PC turned it on and have the CPU and PS venting into a box to give them a warm dark space in which to germinate. Hope the last day of less than perfect temps haven't hurt the seeds any.

Some seeds will take a while. I've had really good luck with sticking them right in the soil to sprout. I'll be starting my second attempt here pretty soon! Wicked Anxious!!!! If you want, check out my first attempt (below). We have similar situations.

First timer experience growing grow

hey man, good luck with your grow. it might be half assed but it will be alot of fun. im in week 2 of my first grow and i am already having fun.
ill be checking back here, Best of luck

Hey guys! thanks for your replies. As of this afternoon I have two seeds breaking through the soil! 2 out of 7 is not a bad return on bag seed. I would post pics but I have no triple A's.

AMGrowR: Read your journal, sucks about that male dude. Yeah I'm pretty much gonna be just as half assed about it. But I am still wicked pumped about it.

ClearCrow: Like you said this will still be super fun! What kind of set are you running? Any thing fancy?

Dohmixer: You were right, all seems to be going smoothly.

Seedling18.jpg

Here we have the seedling! The one to the left of it is about to break the soil soon!

ghetto_rigged.jpg

So for the moment I have one 23watt daylight (5100k) buld on them. They are also in my kitchen for now as well..

Sorry about pic quality used cell phone, camera needs batteries still.

shark4.jpg

AAHHHH! a drunken shark!!

hey im running a small box, with a 125w cfl (not 125 equiv its full 125) for veg and 2 of them for flower, 2 Church seeds in soil. you can check my journal if youd like. i got no link in my sig yet but will put one in soon

2 is a good start, hopefully more will shoot up soon.

Dear Journal,

I woke this morning in a bit of a funk. I keep dreaming about my growing plants and how although 2 plants is nice I really had my heart set on at least 4. Typical to my fashion these hopes were being smashed as I had only germinated 2 of my 7 seeds. Damn it! Why cant I ever get my way.

Well any ways I made my way to the kitchen and to my surprise I found this!
Seedling35.jpg

That's three seedlings and a 4th breaking soil! I am pretty amped about this grow even more so now with 4 plants going.

The first one is looking good and getting bigger every moment.
Seedlingbig.jpg

Again sorry about the blurry pic's will get batteries for camera soon.

I'll definitely be following this, hope it goes well for you. My journal is a similar kind of thing, started out for a laugh ("Hmm, let's see if these seeds are ok....") and ended up getting really into it. Can't wait to try my home-grown!

Might even invest seeds next time, rather than bagseed. I'm going to learn about Autoflowers, etc, whilst I'm doing this and hopefully I can make an educated choice and really get it going next time, with a DIY grow box etc.

Keep your love strong for your cannabis plants and they will pay you back 10 fold. Those babies look good this far, keep it up!

hey im running a small box, with a 125w cfl (not 125 equiv its full 125) for veg and 2 of them for flower, 2 Church seeds in soil. you can check my journal if youd like. i got no link in my sig yet but will put one in soon

2 is a good start, hopefully more will shoot up soon.

I also use 125W CFL's. Come take a look if you want mate.:thumb:

Oh and I'm sub'd ItsChrome. 4 outta seven is great bro:goodjob: I am just starting to smoke my outdoor grown from bagseed and it's really surprised me and my mates with it's strength. I'm still surprised that it even grew. The seed was about 10 yrs old and from some scatty brown compressed buds that were quite strong. It's definately a sativa high and the bubblehash from the trim is really nice too. I don't think I could get any better from these genetics. So I guess what I'm saying is you can be plesantly surprised from bagseed.:thumb::goodjob::peace:

Hey Every one no updates per say tonight. Not much to share really. Lets see, Ok well the three seedlings you have seen, all be it blurry, have just about maxed out in height in that 'green house'. Thinking maybe transfer tomorrow. so that is pretty exciting.I have two other seedlings that are just taking their damn time with this whole sprouting thing. They just really broke surface tonight but have been visible for the last two days. What do you guys think are these guys worth holding on too when i transplant? or just toss 'em and stick with the three good ones i have. I feel like 5 will make a higher chance of having females so I might keep 'em going for a week in the green house.How ever then they will also then be a week behind the others, which are just starting to produce their 2nd nodes (!!!). so i dunno. what do you all think? save 'em or kill 'em?

I still have not gotten batteries, will do tomorrow, esp if I will be transplanting. If I do transplant they will be going under 4 23w 6500k CFL's for now. Plan for more later. I don't even really have much of a grow space just one big ass closet. I have done zero prep work to the space and dont really have the means to at the moment so a power strip with 4 cfl's is the best they will have for now.. But i have seen worse so i am sure they will be fine for now..

Thanks again to every one for your support and encouragement. After all your the reason I am doing this, you the fan. your the ones that keep me going, the reason i wake up the morning, with out you I am just another nut job. lets give you all a round of applause :bravo:. you deserve it!

:rollit:

Hey man, couldn't send message back as I only have 12 posts. Here is the info though. The fixture is a Portfolio 3 light vanity bar. I live in Eastern Ky. Lowes item # is 122251. I don't know if your local store could match the price or not but my store # is 435. Can up a pic if needed. Hope this helped. tribesun75

Ok wow, just got back from running about buying some supplies. I got 4 23w 6500k CFL's, 3 clay pots, Perlite, light socket adapters.

Oh by the way if you are looking to buy some clay pots get to ac more. they are all 50% off!!! got mine for 1.49 a piece, cant beat that. Oh yeah got batteries, yet I am kind of having problems get good shots.. but any ways here we go.

overhead1.JPG

the_groupshot.JPG

Im gonna get they grow closet together either later tonight or tomorrow. as well as move them into the new pots..

Oh yeah I think one of those small seedlings is rotting so its going bye bye and the other i will give a few days and see what happens.

Hey man, couldn't send message back as I only have 12 posts. Here is the info though. The fixture is a Portfolio 3 light vanity bar. I live in Eastern Ky. Lowes item # is 122251. I don't know if your local store could match the price or not but my store # is 435. Can up a pic if needed. Hope this helped. tribesun75

yeah thanks man. I looked at them and I hate dealing with wiring so i just got some outlet adapters for now.

Back
Top Bottom