Un-Lucky Queen 12/12 Hempy

Hello everyone!

There has been a flurry of activity in the grow room! Sweeping, mopping, bleaching, scrubbing....I sprayed the walls and ceiling with bleach and then set off two bombs.

Also, I put 23 Lucky Queen in water, beginning the germination process.

Lucky Queen is a No Mercy strain, bred for 12/12.
Lucky Queen

A fast, strong and very "white" plant for both indoor and outdoor. This plant produces a lot of weight and will disappoint nobody. Lucky Queen is the result of an inbred Silver Pearl # Santa Maria which was crossed with a Santa Maria F3, which makes it an F1 hybrid. This F1 does not need to be inbred any further because in its present form delivers a superior product.

Silver Pearl: Silver Pearl

Silver Pearl is a wonderful strain that's a three-way hybrid of Early Girl, Skunk #1 and Northern Lights. It was developed in the early 1990s. An indica/sativa mix, Silver Pearl produces buds that are covered in trichomes. These buds, while potent and crystally, are not as overpowering as some of the other White strains. Silver Pearl is though, a very healthy and strong plant which usually finishes early. This makes Silver Pearl a great first-time grower plant.
Silver Pearl's taste is skunky but not too much. It's actually refreshing and light.

Since the high yields are highly coveted for the commercial market, Silver Pearls is excellent to grow with great indoor and greenhouse results.

The buds of Silver Pearl will have results similar to that of the frosted, resinous characteristics of the Northern Lights strains, and will also have both the sweetness and calyx-to-leaf ratio of Early Pearl and Skunk. Silver Pearl is also the winner of the mixed Indica/Sativa category at the Cannabis Cup. Silver Pearl will soon become a classic-just like it's parents are!

Santa Maria:After having crossed a Santa Maria with a Mexican Haze and a Silver Pearl and inbreeding the resulting plant for 4 generations, one male was selected to pollinate a pure Santa Maria mother. After this we inbred 8 times by backcrossing a male/son with the mother (a pure Santa Maria). Scientifically spoken an F6 should be pure, but according to our experience cannabis plants become truly pure only in F8.
In other words: this Santa Maria is pure.
A good and fast "white" plant for both indoor and outdoor.
Santa Maria's have proven themselves over and over again for the last 15-17 years.

This exotic variety has very powerful erotic effects.

So basically, I have a fast finishing Brazillian Sativa/Indica hybrid.

The seeds are soaking in water, and will then be put into germination cups where they will grow under an 8 bulb, mixed spectrum T5 light.....a monster of a T5, powerful enough to flower under. But I'll just grow them for 17-21 days under this light and then put them under the HPS.

I will be doing mostly hempy, except I'll have a single soil pot with time released nutes and one hempy bucket with time released nutes.

The rest will be classic hempy, using Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur Line, with Big Bud and some other goodies as needed.

Using the 12/12 method, this grow should take 10 weeks, start to finish.

I'm transitioning my growing style with this grow, with the aim of having more of a perpetual operation going.

As for pest and disease prevention, I've got the following battle plan:

2 grows ago I had mites, so last grow I sprayed with Floramite.....no mites. This grow I'll spray with Azatrol a couple times as a prevention. If I get mites in spite of that, I'll use Forbid. I won't use Floramite again until next year, in order to avoid developing Super Mites.

I had Powdery Mildew on my last grow. I've dealt with that by a total bleaching of the entire grow room and the addition of Serenade, which will be used to prevent/combat any PM that may show itself.

I also have Neem oil (Einstein) and Malathion. The latter will be used in the case of gnats, white flys, etc.

So, that's my new grow. Pics coming soon.

"Done, done, and I'm on to the next one
Done, done, and I'm on the next one
Done, I'm done, and I'm on to the next"

foo fighters

I'm glad you're doing both soil and hempy for the time-release fert experiment. Damn, this is gonna be good.

I'm down ;)

I'm glad to have you on board! This is a speed grow.....I've got a week long vacation in June, and had to either keep the garden dormant until after then, or do a 12/12 grow....which I've been itchin' to do anyways.

I contacted Cees at No Mercy and he said I need 10 weeks. That means I harvest 1-3 days prior to my vacation with a 5 day window either side of 10 weeks. Perfect.

Here's my new T5. It's bright! I'm going to use it for germination and veg.
So, my goal from here on out is to start new seeds about 2-3 weeks away from harvest. If the 12/12 thing works out, I'll be doing 6 harvests a year.
IMG_05951.JPG

IMG_05962.JPG

I'm very interested in following this grow because I'm curious about the same things.

Can't wait to see how 12/12 works for you, and how the time-release ferts work in both of the mediums.

Great choice on the big 8-tube T-5 for veg! 40k lumens should do it ;).

It's cool to see your setup evolve and get dialed-in ;).

When I got these seeds, a couple months ago, I gave 10 to a good friend.

He's been growing for years, and is beyond competent in every aspect of growing.

Well, out of the 30 seeds I gave him....10 each of Santa Maria, Double Fun and Lucky Queen, only 3 (three!!!) sprouted!

Yikes. He said the rest were empty shells.

I sure hope that's not the case with these.....it would be a real disappointment if that were true.

The good news is that out of the 23 I put in water, all but 6 or 7 sunk to the bottom by the next day.....so hopefully I get at least 6 or 7 females.

So, we'll just have to wait and see. I don't seem to have good luck with seed banks.

Hey doc, just found your thread. Ive been interested to see a 12/12 grow with a no mercy strain for awhile now, so thanks for this! If you wouldnt mind, shoot me a pm when you get some time, im interested to know how/where you obtained the beans. Green growing to you!

Hey doc, just found your thread. Ive been interested to see a 12/12 grow with a no mercy strain for awhile now, so thanks for this! If you wouldnt mind, shoot me a pm when you get some time, im interested to know how/where you obtained the beans. Green growing to you!

check your inbox, but don't buy any seeds from where I got 'em till you see if mine sprout. My buddy said they were rotten.

we'll see.

I thought I would post this here, since this is my active journal now.

Here is the "trim" from using the salad spinner type of bud trimmer:
IMG_05971.JPG

If you have lots of buds to trim, and you like hash....this is a good tool.

IMG_05982.JPG

I didn't weigh it, but this little screen makes partial melt bubble hash. I actually prefer it to full melt, because it has a bit of taste.

Some day, I'm going to grow lots of Sativa buds, harvest them clear and make enough hash to fill a shoe box. Then, when the buds are freshly timmed, I'll roll them in the hash, then dry and cure them and make frosty treats!

That salad-spinner looks like it's pretty aggressive ;).

I didn't know that they sieved the kief while they trimmed though, that's extremely cool.

Long may you dip sticky buds in shoeboxes full of kief ;)

LOL! I just had a mix of MK and Casey Jones....perfect. If I don't make much sense, that's why.

The salad spiner is basically a hand operated weed whacker, suspended below a grill. It knocks the highspots off the buds, and is powerful enough to cut through the stems. Everything collects in the bottom, pretty finely ground. Then I put it in my kief box. :grinjoint:

Hi Doc, maybe I missed it, but where did you order your seeds from? If your buddy had 3 out of 30 sprouting, I'd like to avoid that bank. I've had luck with Nirvana and Green House via the Attitude Seed Bank, all fem and 12 of 15 sprouted. Just enough to fill my hydro 12. It was my 1st order, prompt stealth delivery. Planning a 2nd order in the next couple weeks.

Nice T5 you got there too Sir. Looking forward to following your grow.

Hi Doc, maybe I missed it, but where did you order your seeds from? If your buddy had 3 out of 30 sprouting, I'd like to avoid that bank. I've had luck with Nirvana and Green House via the Attitude Seed Bank, all fem and 12 of 15 sprouted. Just enough to fill my hydro 12. It was my 1st order, prompt stealth delivery. Planning a 2nd order in the next couple weeks.

Nice T5 you got there too Sir. Looking forward to following your grow.

I'm not going to say where I got the seeds until I know for myself that they're duds...or hopefully not.

I'll give the seed bank an opportunity to make it right before I say anything.

I can say this, however:

On my last grow....NOT THIS GROW....I planted 10 femmed seeds and got 8 to pop, 3 of which were males. Not hermies....full on males.

I emailed DrChronic 3 times....no reply, no help, no service.

So, whatever you do, don't buy from them.

What's the temp, because I've found that has the most influence on how long it takes them to pop.

I had some seeds outdoors last year that took two full weeks to germinate. In fact, I had given up on them after a week, and only noticed they had sprouted a week later when I took a casual glance at the pot.

They were very viable seeds from a cross I made that usually only took 3-4 days to germinate indoors at higher temps.

I'm pulling for the No Mercy seeds, as I'd love to see you grow that strain out.

If you get sick of waiting and start some new seeds, see if you can keep the Lucky Queen cups going in case they're just late for the party.

the ever-hopeful setting sun ;)

What's the temp, because I've found that has the most influence on how long it takes them to pop.

I had some seeds outdoors last year that took two full weeks to germinate. In fact, I had given up on them after a week, and only noticed they had sprouted a week later when I took a casual glance at the pot.

They were very viable seeds from a cross I made that usually only took 3-4 days to germinate indoors at higher temps.

I'm pulling for the No Mercy seeds, as I'd love to see you grow that strain out.

If you get sick of waiting and start some new seeds, see if you can keep the Lucky Queen cups going in case they're just late for the party.

the ever-hopeful setting sun ;)

the room is kept at about 72.....the tops of the cups are about 78.

Back
Top Bottom