SkooterClowns Running in Circles

SK-Slappy

Here's a twisted story of how we managed to go full circle with an old mom that was given to us to grow it out seeing as we got stuck with no clones (thanks for the mom, friend..you know who you are)

She was given to us in a cup of dirt,not our way of growing,(we really have no clue how to grow in dirt) after she was stripped of most of her clone-able growth. We washed off the dirt and set her up in a net cup and stuck her in our grow box...she sprang to life and was quickly put on 12/12 to flower...

She was well into flowering (day 45) when a buddy offered to try and root a clone from her,we laughed and laughed,then we cut some clippings from the bottom,6 to be exact, and all were more bud than anything else..

We ran them over to our buddy and he did some magic and low and behold he actually got one to root.

Well, us clown, that's all we need is a root! And we got one!

He gives it back and we work our magic (ok,ok,no magic, we stuck it in our tub)

So this is going to be the journal of how we went from mom to bud and back to a mom again and the grow of her clones...(if all goes well that is)

SO that's where we are...and here are the pictures so far.

03/30/10 clones (aka:buds) taken
330p.jpg

04/07/10 We have roots
407p.JPG

407r.JPG

04/15/10 We have new growth
415p.JPG

04/19/10 More shoots
419p.JPG

419r.JPG

04/20/10 Now we are talking
420p.JPG

420r.JPG

04/24/10 She's looking really healthy now
424p.JPG

424r.JPG

Stay tuned, we could end up with a bunch of herm's

I'll just let the pictures tell the story.
We are going to call this:
Day 19 of 24hrs (starting the count from when we saw a root and placed it in the tub)
600PPM GH Week 1 mix (400~800ppm)
PH 5.7
Temps always a constant 74~78 degrees

DSC025331.JPG

DSC025361.JPG

DSC025341.JPG

Wow! Very nice growth!!! You obviously know what you're doing, can't wait to see more pics...:rollit::popcorn: How many airstones and what size do you have in that tub??

Wow! Very nice growth!!! You obviously know what you're doing, can't wait to see more pics...:rollit::popcorn: How many airstones and what size do you have in that tub??

Hey Skooter! we fooled another one.:yahoo: lol

Thanks for the great complement, we wish we really did know what we were doing...

We only have one 12" air stone in the tub and about 2.5gals of water....but you could never have to much air pumped in....our new set up will have 6 12" air stones per tub that will have about 7.5 gal of water...

The clones from this plant will be the first grow in one of our new tents...you can check out our build in SkooterClowns with power tools :rollit:

I like the new setup! I'm currently rocking two 6" airstones in 5 gallon buckets, I think that should be enough for this grow. For the next grow I will probably throw a third in each bucket. You have inspired me to go to the store and upgrade my draining method. Keep up the good work! :peacetwo:

Thanks weed for the kind words....

Here's how she's looking as of tonight...she's more than ready to give up some clones and I plan on taking them in the next day or two (as soon as I get the new spray heads for the "clone Machine" I'm trying to rig up...

I count about 8 tops that I'm planning on taking....they all look amazing with very tight branching. We will grow out the 6 best clones (if I can get more than 6 to root that is) and they should fill up one of those tents nicely,I think.....:cheer:

DSC025371.JPG

our re vegging crystal is getting so big we had no choice but to take some clones..

We had to come up with a quick clone machine and this is what we ended up with..after these root we will more than likely reduce the number of spray heads as 9 seems to be over kill...

DSC02540.JPG

DSC025411.JPG

DSC02542.JPG

DSC025431.JPG

DSC025441.JPG

-Crossover post from our "Power Tools" grow box setup journal.-

Slappy has informed me that 2 of Franki's daughters have sprouted roots which means it's time to put Franki into flowering.

7:30pm I turned out the lights and will put them back on at midnight Saturday night giving her 28.5 hours of total darkness before beginning the 12/12 cycle.

This will be the grow journal for Franki (short for Frankenstein) and her children.

~Day 37 of 24hrs (starting the count from when we saw a root and placed it in the tub)
1398PPM GH Week 1 of Bloom mix (800-1400ppm)
PH 5.4 (straight out of my tap...gotta love that)
Temps - not sure of the temp at this time but way less than 80 degrees

As you can see in the earlier pictures this plant was more than ready to go to flowering almost 3 weeks ago. Slappy and I had to wait longer than we wanted to so height will likely become a bit of an issue. I told Slappy I plan on cutting the legs of his nice table if I have to ;) I'd hate to do that because it's the perfect height for the drain buckets we chose. We'll see.

DSC013034.JPG

Me and Slappy are fired up about the new grow space and can't wait to see how it all works out.

Our Clown Kloner seems to be right up our ally as far as little to no work involved....

I just cut the clone from the mom a little long, then made a fresh cut and immediately dipped the fresh cut into olivia's clonning gel. Then I pinched it into the neoprene and into the hole and turned on the pump...

Then doing nothing, two weeks later, roots...

Not a great picture and they are still small but the two front clones on the left and right have roots started and I expect the other 3 to follow in the next day or two as they all still look very healthy..

If all goes as planed, we hope to have them in the second room by next weekend...:thumb:

By the way the strain of these plants is "Crystal"

DSC025611.JPG

DSC025641.JPG

I love reading you clowns' journals. It's obvious you're good people. Kind, humble, helpful, intelligent, innovative. Make me laugh all the time. Clowns don't have to be scary.

I love reading you clowns' journals. It's obvious you're good people. Kind, humble, helpful, intelligent, innovative. Make me laugh all the time. Clowns don't have to be scary.

Whoa! I don't think I've ever been accused of so many things at one time let alone in one sentence. :yahoo:

Thanks for the kind words Freak and for stopping by to check out our progress.

;)

Day 1 of 12/12
1185 PPM GH Week 2 of Bloom mix (800-1400ppm)
PH 5.4

Well the timer worked and kicked on at the right time.
I made a new, higher level, bloom mix.
Instead of chopping Slappy's table legs I came up with a much less destructive way of lowering the tub so that I can lower the light fixture.

Check out the stalk on this girl!
You can also see our airline manifold in one of the shots. This tub has only one air stone but you can see that we are ready for the 6 we plan on using in our "Clown Tubs v2.0"

DSC013123.JPG

DSC013152.JPG

DSC013164.JPG

Ok, look, I don't lend money.....but thanks for all the kind words just the same...

New Setup looks great but that lone plant sure needs some friends, it looks lonely...:ganjamon:

:peace: guys.

We have at least 4 of her clones rooted and they look like they will be ready to be transferred into net cups in the next couple of days...

We are hoping to get at least one more rooted but 4 should fill up that other room nicely..

If all goes well we think they should be in the new room by this weekend..

DSC025662.JPG

Back
Top Bottom