DIY Grow Cabinet Round 2

Here To Learn

This is my second grow. The first was a total of three wonderberry plants as well as a bagseed male that got named Annie Oakley. For those of you who are not familiar with my grow cabinet from the last time here is my setup:

1- Galvanized steel shed 4' wide by 2' deep by 4' tall plus a peaked ceiling.
1- 1000 Watt High Pressure Sodium (HPS) ballast and bulb
1- extra large hood with 4" vents (edges are taped with clear packing tape currently due to heat)
1- 4" Valueline centrifugal exhaust fan
1- 4" carbon filter

Nutrients and Substrate:

This time there will be a departure from my first grow in that I have been using shredded roockwool in pots in place of the soil that I had been using for the Wonderberry. I am using General Hydroponics Flora series Gro, Bloom and Micro along with Botanicare's Liquid Karma and B1 plus micro-nutrients as I do not want to have any deficiency problems like last time.

Strains: Unfortunately my attempts to revegitate/regenerate the last Wonderberry have failed as I had a close death in my family that required my attention and when I had my wife check on the plants for me I neglected to have her water that plant. Fortunately A friend was nice enough to supply me with 12 clones about three weeks ago and they are still growing. I am amazed at the speed with which the plants are growing in rockwool as opposed to soil. They have grown so fast that I have already had to top them. I am trying to make clones out of the tops that I cut using a 50/50 mixture of perilite and vermiculite as a substrate. I am foliar feeding the cuttings with water and B1 plus micro-nutrients. Anyway I got a little off track but the strains I am working with this grow are Hindu Kush (aka: Herojuana), Purple Kush and Bubba Kush. I am anxiously awaiting the addition of some Sour Diesel clones that I should be acquiring in a few weeks.

I will attempt to get some current pictures up soon but if you cannot wait you can check out the pictures from a few weeks ago in my last journal which you can link to in my signature.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the journey.

Here are a few pictures from this morning.

First off are the tops I took three days ago. The temperature has been around 90 in the cabinet so most of them are wilting. A friend is going to watch them for a few days so maybe they will come back.
clones_wilting.jpg

Now pictures of the teens.
teens_recently_topped.jpg

teens_recently_topped_2.jpg

Enjoy :grinjoint:

HTL my old friend! Just realized that ya had another grow going. I've been pretty much out of touch the last few weeks (self imposed stupor or post harvest syndrome). I'll be lookin in from time to time HTL. I've finally got my outdoor going now. All the best to you on this great new grow of yours! :bravo:

Woodsman my friend thanks for stopping by. I am looking forward to seeing what monsters you will be growing outdoors this season.

Here are a few pictures from today for reference purposes.
11021.jpg

2697.jpg

3586.jpg

I had to get rid of some of the kush clones today including the purple kush because they were dead and rotting. However the others have started to root including the bubba Kush. I also have some sour diesel and g-tard rooting. I will try not to post to many pictures until flower as I know how boring it can be to the viewer.

To all those stopping in for the first time:welcome:

Hey Woodsman thanks for stopping back by. The Sour Diesel clones have in rock-wool cubes for about a week I have had to pull one already and it looks like another one might not make it but the rest of them look pretty healthy so far. Of course I will feel better when I see roots start to make their way to the out sides. I also got two G-Tard (G13 X Pine Tar Kush I am told) cuttings from another friend that seem to be doing very well, they were also put in rock-wool cubes about a week ago.

You were right about the forest. The plants are already about two and a half feet tall. As I only have about three and three quarter feet of clearance from floor to light I am going to have to think about either tying them down again pruning them.

The Union is a documentary and it includes a number of prominent figures from Actors and musicians to ex DEA agents and police chiefs speaking out against cannabis prohibition. Oh yeah did I mention that it features prominent scientists as well? I checked it out on Google videos. The film is an hour and forty minutes long but well worth watching.

The Union is a documentary and it includes a number of prominent figures from Actors and musicians to ex DEA agents and police chiefs speaking out against cannabis prohibition. Oh yeah did I mention that it features prominent scientists as well? I checked it out on Google videos. The film is an hour and forty minutes long but well worth watching.

Here to Learn, props! The ladies are looking great! Should be quite the canopy of buds :)
"The Union: The Business of Getting High" is one of the best documentaries I have seen about cannabis. Watched it on Netflix a while back.
:goodjob:
+rep

I'll have to check it out, but I don't have a 'super fast' internet and find it difficult to watch movies online. Takes forever to load or just a pain to deal with the buffering.

Hey everyone I'm checking in.

I have to report that Sour Diesel is not a friendly rooting plant. I started with thirteen cuttings two weeks ago and am down to four. I hope that at least two of them survive and root up so I can make some mothers out of them. If so maybe I can figure out why they are so hard to root. My Kush cuttings are all doing well and the GTard seems to be doing well also. The GTard is a cross between G13 and Pine Tar Kush so I think the Kush genes help as I have been told G13 is hard to root.

The Kush cuttings that are doing well now were cut about a week ago from the Kush plants in my grow cabinet. I had far to many cuttings when I cut six plants so I gave some away and am waiting for the ones in rockwool to root so I can cut the other four Hindu Kush plants as they are now almost two feet tall.

Now for some pictures which is what everyone wants to see anyway.
6-20-10.jpg

6-20-10_2.jpg

6-20-10_3.jpg

enjoy :smokin:

I am officially down to 1 Sour diesel clone but it is looking healthy. The four Hindu Kush plants that I had not trimmed were cut today as they had reached 2 feet tall each. Now all ten plants in the cabinet are a foot tall. I set the timer up so that starting at 10 A.M. tomorrow the lights will be in 12/12. 8 weeks and counting. Here comes the stretch.

Awesome buddy, now it will get interesting watching them bloom, I know the first few weeks are not that exciting but after s or 4 weeks you'll have buds forming and starting to fatten up. That's a great time. Excellent, sorry about the other SD's You still have the one. May it have huge fat buds! Reps for you my friend!:bravo:

Well it has been almost two weeks since I went 12/12 and I am just starting to get pre flowers. I have been told that the kush plants can take anywhere from 6-8 weeks in flower. so I have between 4 and 6 weeks to go.

I got a nasty case of spider mites in my clone area and it was taking a loooong time for roots to show so I decided to change some things. I started by taking the remaining cuttings out and cleaned the area including disassembling the light and cleaning all of its parts with Clorox wipes. Then I built a 15 site bubble cloner using a small rubbermaid tub, Air pump, two bubble wands and some neoprene plugs I purchased at the hydro store. In total the bubble cloner cost about $25 USD to make. I have been told by some friends that their factory made bubble cloners ($200-500) give them roots in about 7-10 days about 95% of the time. I hope to see similar results. This setup is basically a miniature DWC so I guess that makes me a bubble head now. If I am wrong somebody let me know and I will sadly go back to being just another horticulturist.:;):

Back
Top Bottom