Fridge

freetheweed

Say I had this old fridge, freezer up top.
say I wanted to turn the bottom into a flower box, and the top into a veg box...
if i put a co2 generator inside with cfl lighting , soil, and bag seed, does anyone have any advice

okay, more info:

2 300 watt CFL 2700k
4 75 watt 2700 k

Bag seed, as of right now, I am on day 4 of flowering.
vegged the big one for 2 weeks and the seedling one week. then all went to 12/12

vegged with same watts, but replaced 4 2700k for 6500k.

soil is MG organic time released.....I know I know...I F'ed up, but thats all I had. I am going to repot them as soon as I can, maybe today, but I dont have alot of options....yet

Are you talkin about the old traditional fridge with the little freezer ontop and big fridge onbottom? I am curious how this will work. Post up some pics and you'll get more responses. Sounds like it could be a good idea. Goodluck and happy growing

Picture_2051.jpg

Okay, update. day four of flowering. I had already topped and and slight LST on my big one.

moved the plants into the actual fridge from the 3 3 x 4 veg box i threw together with pocket hole joints. took all of 20 minutes.
speaking of that, if you have never used one, get it. it's so easy and the joints that it makes in a wooden box make light retention a breeze.
I do not want to put the brand name because I am not sure we can with out them being a sponsor, but google pocket hole jig and get the blue one!!

ok, after about an hour of being in the fridge my stupid ass realized that there was nowhere for the heat to escape from the lights. yeah, this is why we have these first grow tests .:Rasta:

so the majority of the day was spent with the door open. I am excited though because I always worry about someone seeing light escaping on the box inside my garage. the fridge has no light escaping. and it won't let the temp drop at night. all around I think the fridge might be the best stealth cab you can get because you can pick one up that doesn't work at a used appliance store and they will have stripped it and removed freon. you will basically have a insulated flower box with a veg box above it.

i am gutting an old computer box that has a power supply running four pc fans. those i will mount to the side of the fridge to vent cool air in and hot air out.

and yes, I know i screwed my pics up, will reread the tutorial when i'm not baked.

BTW, I love you guys and gals, I have read a buttload of journals and followed conversations for years. I am over being scared and going for this grow...my 4th attempt before chickening out. so positive support would be awesome !!!! hehe

oh yeah...I FIM ( not topped) and holy monkey nutts batman, I had like 8ish new growths.
the biggest plant is so squat and bushy it just makes me teary eyed to see it. I wish I knew what she was ( yes she's gonna be a she I hope and pray)
it has fat leaves the little preflower at the bases of the limbs. to early to sex though.

i saw a journal where the guy had ten plants that basically had one cola and it was one big Fing bud in the end. I think I am going to try that with the 6-7 seedlings that are already at 12/12

i watered today with some molasses. no nutes yet because of the MG soil. I am going to replant it soon. I wanted to give it a week of 12/12 first.

do you guys think I need a lot more lights?

any info or criticism is appreciated

Cut out two holes today, one with fan one open. negative pressure is the shiznit. maintained a constant temp of 85.

also transplanted two of my sprouts into 3 gallon buckets.

added two more 75 watt bulbs and watered with mollasses.

I got a orchid bloom booster, when is it to early to add those?

this is so fun. I would rather farm it than smoke it i think

going to try and do pics better. I accidentally roke off one of my brances. so I am doing a make shift clone. I dipped her in root stimulator and put her in the little seed pot under a dome with other seeds I am trying to pop.
clone113.JPG

my (i pray ) first girl
baenre_1.JPG

baenre2.JPG

clone_29.JPG

Things are looking good bro. Some more pics of your setup would be a nice addition. And you seem to be doing everything right, which is probably why you haven't heard much feedback. But rest assured, should you have a problem, the 420mag community will be right at your back!!

Keep it up! :thumb:

Things are looking good bro. Some more pics of your setup would be a nice addition. And you seem to be doing everything right, which is probably why you haven't heard much feedback. But rest assured, should you have a problem, the 420mag community will be right at your back!!

Keep it up! :thumb:
McPots, thanks mate. I guess no news is good news.

hey freetheweed! I like your idea, offers great stealth, but im curious how it all looks! Can you sport a pic of the top and bottom setups? Babies are looking good n green!:goodjob::goodluck:
Mcnugget, I will get some good pics with my camera and not my iphone tomorrow. I actually have not done anything with the top ( the freezer portion ) I blew my wad on bud -- I need to post a bugget shot..hold that thought bruh.....

okay, now for the important stuff.
used a light nute to get started, not sure if it was wise or not. it was 8-14-9 all ho de po had. will get some better ones soon.

did it first thing this morning, no problems. no change so no new pics, but will get some of the entire set up tomorrow.

like I said, my kush ran out, so had to get bud. need some light to start a cloner. oh yeah, and need the cloner parts.

the stem with all the new growth that i had to do an emergency root stimulator dip is doing good so far. it looks like it was still on the stem.

today was 7th day of flowering. the seedlings that I put straight into 12/12 are not growing at all. I think I may regret doing that. I just read so many say that it works....we'll see.

if you have stopped by and taken a peek, thank you. I am really enjoying this sight. I been around lurking and decided to hop in. loving it so far.

anyone have a recomendation on a strain that is good for pain ( bad knees and discs in neck and back ) that would explode in a fridge set up? you know, short bushy, high body stone ( late harvest right?) .....I am hoping the bag seed that I am using ( from some killer mids ) is even better than what I got it from.

found this in another article somewhere.....im growin 1 as we speak. supposedly bushy and fat yields.........

""From deep in the heart of Afghanistan came the Afghan cannabis seed strain. It was further enhanced through selective cultivation in Holland and is now one of the more popular types of Marijuana seeds to buy and grow. Afghan bud produces a full bodied high that is best described as stoned. It’s a high that isn’t the candy taste of other seed strains.
Afghan seeds produce a strong pot plant that can be grown both indoors and outdoors. The typical outdoor Afghan marijuana plant rises to the height of 40 to 60 cm. Because they are not too tall, they are still ok to grow inside, even if space is somewhat limited. To those who know the Afghan strain, they can look somewhat majestic as they rise to occasional and supply growers with a firm and heavy bud. In fact, Afghans have a very favorable bud to leaf ratio.
Afghan Marijuana plants are relatively easy to grow. Since the seed strain comes from a more traditional background, the seed has some of the growing characteristics of a wild plant. What does this mean? It means that even if you make mistakes when growing it, you can still get impressive yields of high quality bud. Frankly, anyone can have success buying Afghan cannabis seeds.
All in all, Afghan seeds are not like the more famous boutique cousins, but none the less, they are a formidable seed strain that in the right hands can easily produce high yielding buds with a high THC content. This is a positive for any grower.""

be back in a bit dawg post em pictures up!

I tried to post on here the other day but apparently my browser is acting up, so I switched to another... anyway,

My advice to you is to get your cfls as close to your plants as you can without burning the leaves. Usually an inch or two is safe for cfl's and at least 16" for H.I.D.

Keep a close eye on your humidity, don't mold your buds. Get some flowering nutes like some 0-10-10 it doesn't have to be expensive, just know what you are doing. Get yourself a grow bible and save yourself a lot of frustration and possibly wasted time and energy. That's what I did. Nothing is absolute, everything you read is a suggestion or guideline, you will have to find what works best for you. First do yourself a favor and learn about the cannabis plant, and it's unique and special traits. Once you learn what it can do, then you can learn how to help it be its best.

Back
Top Bottom