Round 2 - Super Skunk - Bubba Haze and White Berry

flyingfruits

So after the first attempt with the "Caddy Grow Box" we have now moved on to soilless and all homemade lol. We Got 12 clones on January 10th and put them in 3 gallon pots with Promax Hp and perilite presoaked with hydrozyme. Then we put them under 12, 100 watt cool blue cfl and 2 4 foot t8 cool blue shop lights. First 2 waterings were just hydrozyme and r/o water. From then on half a cup of nutrient feed every other day going up 150ppm every 2 waterings. There is a box fan blowing for a breeze and a co2 bucket. Also a 650cfm duct fan to suck air out for when we kick on the 1000w.

Light of Jah LED Hydro Grow This was our last attempt :(
100MEDIA_IMAG0058.jpg
These little girls on january 10th
100MEDIA_IMAG0057.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG0062.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG0119.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG0118b.jpg

Now they are getting growing good this pic is from the 28th so in about 2 weeks start the flowering :)

Re: Round 2 : Super Skunk, Bubba Haze and White Berry

They aren't doing to bad. We are hoping to get some good heavy buds out of these girls. Were running the botanicare line and it seems to be working great.

High FF, did you mean to say these are 23W CFL's? Just a tip: I would put some sort of reflector on the CFL's because you're losing half of your light from them. :goodjob:

I do notice that but lack of money has inhibited a lot of the project. No A/C still so we haven't turned on the 1,000w yet. Oh and yes its either a 23 or 26 watt lol sry. We are actually getting a timer to see if the duct fan is enough to keep the room under 78.

So we managed to keep the room at 78 to 80 with the 1,000 hps on with just a duck fan. We have had the hps on for the past week with the cfl's. Yesterday the plants showed some severe signs of under watering (1/2 cup ever other day) so now thinking about upping it to 1/2 cup every other day and 1/4 cup on the in between days. The bubba hazes are 20 inches and the white berries range from 12 to 16 inches and the skunks are about 12 to 14 inches and all of them are getting really bushy. Goin to swap them over to flowering a couple of days. When the lights turn back on we will take some pics of them and put it up.

Heres some new pictures. The plants have been on 12/12 since february 10th and are doing great so far. Let me know if you guys have any advice or anything at all to help.
100MEDIA_IMAG0172.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG0182.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG0183-1.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG0176.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG0177.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG0179.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG0188.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG0189.jpg

So we are now on week 4 of flowering and the plants are looking great. we started to get some hot weather so we picked up a 7k btu a/c so the room goes from 60 to 76 with 38 to 60 percent humidity. Had some slight nitrogen deficiencies and currently a slight magnesium deficiency but that will be fixed tomorrow. heres the new pics of the girls.
100MEDIA_IMAG0086.jpg

All white berry.
These below are the bubba haze
100MEDIA_IMAG0077.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG0069.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG0177.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG0176.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0062_1_.jpg

super skunks
100MEDIA_IMAG0061.jpg
100MEDIA_IMAG0188.jpg

Does anyone know if its too late to transplant to a 5 gallon bucket? They started flowering February 10th and are supposedly 8 week strains. They are super skunk, white berry and bubba haze.

I also figured out the hard way that transplanting from a 3 gal into a 5 gallon bucket is a pain in the ass. I now go from 1 gallons directly into 5 gallon containers. My white widow plant A in my grow journal was transplanted from 3 gal to 5 gal on 1st day of flower. My gf & I lost 1/4 of the root mass during transplant. She didn't go into too much shock like we thought she was going to do, but she is about a week behind now from plant B in growth & bud size. I think transplanting anything after 3 weeks of flower is pretty risky.

BTW Your plants look nice! :goodjob:

I also figured out the hard way that transplanting from a 3 gal into a 5 gallon bucket is a pain in the ass. I now go from 1 gallons directly into 5 gallon containers. My white widow plant A in my grow journal was transplanted from 3 gal to 5 gal on 1st day of flower. My gf & I lost 1/4 of the root mass during transplant. She didn't go into too much shock like we thought she was going to do, but she is about a week behind now from plant B in growth & bud size. I think transplanting anything after 3 weeks of flower is pretty risky.

BTW Your plants look nice! :goodjob:

Thanks for the info, i was just curious about the idea. I have a bunch of 1 gallon pots for the ones that i got started in the closet: 2 light of jah, 1 warthog (got a seed in bud. supposedly 100% indica from the swiss alps.) 2 sour diesels, 1 sweet island skunk and like 12 random ones.

The plants are doing good the room is staying at a great temp so hopefully get some color change out of it. Also on the next group (im goin to mother some of these seeds) we might pull out the 1000 and just put an outrageous amount of cfls in there because we found these 65 watt replaces 300 watt cfl and ive had excellent performance from the veg cycle and i can put 4500 watts of cfl in there for the price of the 1000 hps without worring about heat or throwing the darn breaker when we play xbox lol. Please let me know if this is a bad idea or anything im just kinda exploring the grow.

Sry for the madness of the response im :tokin:

sry missed the point on the first paragraph lol. We have 1 gallon pots to put the seeds in and then were just goin to 5 gallons from there. lol thanks again have a good day.

I usually start my seeds in jiffy pots ---> 1 gal ---> 5 gal.

I am in the process of ordering Superoots air pots which will change that process a little bit because the superoots are a bit larger in size then traditional pots. For example a 3.4 gallon pot in superoots is more like a 5 gallon in size. I'm not sure where you are located, but here is a link to distributers in case you want to check them out:

Superoots Air Pots Distributors

So I am little confused about your light scenario. Are you saying 4500 actual CFL watts or represented watts? If not, what would be the actual watts you are looking to exchange with the 1000 watt HPS? How do you plan to position the CFLS in order to make up the difference in light penetration from the 1000 watt?

I have 65 watt bulbs that are equivalent to 300 watt. i can put 15, 65 watt bulbs in there to get 975 actual watts and 4500 equivalent watts. basically the light break up was goin to just be chicken wire hung on the roof and wherever the lights need to go il move them to ensure full coverage. I can actually get more light penetration and coverage with the cfl's because i can place them all around the plants and right up close to them so my node gapping is minimal. This is just the girl and I procrastinating lol. Also is there any particular reason i cant use cfl's like they dont give thick branches or buds dont develop right or something. Both your grows look dank. I hooooooope these girls work out good. HOLY CRAP those pots are gnarly lol i might have to try those for the next round.

Back
Top Bottom