Gr8ful - Soil - Blue Mystic - N.L. - Aurora Indica

Gr8fulMedHead

I am a new Medical Patient and started my first grow 1/24/11. That is the day I dropped 5 Blue Mystics and 5 Northern Lights sprouts in the dirt after spending 12 hours in a mug of Reverse Osmosis H2O. On 2/7/11 I dropped 2 Aurora Indica sprouts in the dirt and 1 was popping out this AM, the other looks like it is coming up as I type. I am allowed 12 plants and I should have planted them all at the same time but I didnt so I live and learn. I chose those strains as I am growning indoors and they are all indica and flower in 7-9 weeks. I also read that Blue Mystic and Nothern lights are both fairly neutral smelling and Aurora Ind is supposed to have a fruity, earthy smell so I am hoping that I can keep the smell down.

I have my grow area broken down into 2 rooms that are inside of a small, locked storage room. My Cat's litter box is in there (Indoor cat) and some other supplies but that is about it. The first room you walk into off the storage room is the veg room, it is 7 x 7, secured by an exterior steel door, locked of course, with a 4 bulb T-5 and an 8 bulb T-5 for lighting and a 20x4 phat filter to limit odor upon exhaust. The next room is also secured by an exterior steel door, locked and sealed pretty tight to keep odor in and light out when girls are sleeping. I have 2 1000w HPS lamps in this 5 foot by 13 foot room that also happened to have my Reverse Osmosis system int there from when the house was built and my sump pump in the corner. Sump pump could help or hurt me, time will tell. I have a 24x6 phat filter in this room which will exhaust under my deck which is on the west side of my house so if any odor does get out it is 80 feet or so to my neighbors yard downwind for it to disapate. I have a 6000 BTU CO2 generator hooked up to natural gas so I do not have to lug tanks with my bad back. I have a day / Night control unit to keep track of my RH, temp and CO2 PPM. There is a little drying room too which is off the flower room approx 2and 1/2 wide by 18 inches deep with bifold door.

Strains - Blue Mystic, Northern Lights, Aurora Indica.
All Indica flower in 7-9 weeks.
Just begining vegetative stage
Indoor grow
Fox Farm Light Warrior Seed Starter
Lights - Veg (2) T-5 Flower (2) 1,000 HPS
Pot size 3inch to start, 1 gallon to veg, 7 gallon to flower
Temp of rooms - Veg room around 70-75 with lights on.
- Flower room I can keep 70-78 with lights on, right now with off it will drop into 50's if the lights were on the night before. (been under 10 degrees F outside the last couple night though. In the summer with no lights on it is 60-70 degrees in flower room.
I plan on using General Organics Fertilizers.

I kept my first 10 plants under an 8 inch dome for the first week and then I was afraid my girls were getting elongated so I took them out and lowered the lights. When under the dome I kept the temp 77-85 and humidity between 35-65. I tried to keep between 78-82 and 40-60% but it is tough as you know. I think I kept the light too low after I took them out of the dome as some of the NL have ridges on the leaves and they are curling down a bit. So today I stuck 4 Blue Mystics and 4 Northern Lights back under the dome with my 2 new Aurora plants that are popping today, I could not fit all 12 under the dome. I also noticed 1 BM has some brown on the leaves. The other 2 plants, 1 BM and 1 NL are outside of the dome and the temperature is around 70-77 degrees and the RH is 22-35% or so. I run a little portable humidifier in there but it only lasts 5 hours and then shuts down.

I have gotten a lot out of this website and really appreciate the info I have gotten from all of the contributors and staff. I keep coming back to this site as it is the best I have found and so I decided to get the most out of my grow I need to get an account and participate. I am Gr8ful fo any advice and guidance you can give me, I will definitley post pictures as soon as I can get my stuff together.

:peace:

Re: Gr8ful, soil, Blue Mystic, N.L., Aurora Indica

420_Mag_005.JPG

The 2 in the front are Northern Lights. I looked in Jorges book and it looks like they may have some heat stress. They are 2 weeks old today as are the 2 Blue Mystics behind.

420_Mag_0011.JPG

The above Blue Mystic plant developed this browning of its first leaves during the last 36 hours or so, anybody have any idea's how I can bring her back to health?

420_Mag_0031.JPG

This is also a Blue Mystic plant, they were 2 weeks old yesterday and just started looking a little yellow. This one has that brown spot on the close leaf there.

420_Mag_0061.JPG

This is the look of my set up as you walk into the veg room.

Whats up Gr8ful, it's good to see a fellow head on here! your setup looks great! I'm not sure whats up with your seedlings, have you been misting them at all?

Hey Nepharmer, thanks for cheking in. I have not been misting the leaves themselves as I was afraid to burn them. I mist the inside of the humidity dome to raise humidity and once in a while mist the top of the soil to moisten it if it feels like th epot is still retaining water but the top is dry. I have been trying not to over water and let the pots dry out a bit to give them a little dry spell and not just waterlog. I may have let them dry out too much not sure.

Thanks on my set up, I got real lucky as when I was shopping for gear as I found a great supply store with knowledgable staff. If anybody is in Michigan, Third Coast Garden Supply in Shelby Township is awesome. They actually did the install for me and hooked me up with a very discreet electrician and carpenter that have been life long friends of the owners. They took 1 220 sq ft storage room and broke it into 3 seperate little rooms to accomodate what I was trying to do. They were very reasonable and I think dialed my setup in very well. I might have been able to do it myself but it would not have been nearly as good and probably only added 15% to the cost of the total room to have them do it.

:nicethread: Have been eying the blue mystic for a bit now. Have already grown the Northern lights and my buddy grows the aurora indica under a 400 watt hps. The lumatek ballasts dangling on the wall make it look sick. love the set-up. I usually start administering nutes after i get my second set of three prong leaves to start laying down. I also consider that the end of seedling stage and the beginning of vegetaion. I start foliar feeding around the same time. :goodluck: on the grow hope i can help. I'm subscribed. :popcorn:

Have you added extra perlite to your mix ? and also are you planning to add fresh sphagnum moss to the mix when you transplant? What is included in the mix so far? :hookah:

Thanks HempRocket and THCScientist for floowing my grow.

THCScientist, right now I am just using Fox Farm seed starter, did not add extra perlite. Sphagnum moss is something I am not familiar with but I am willing to try anything that will help the cause. I have very little experience growing, my room mate was growing 20+ years ago and I was more of an observer and par-taker in the finished product but had very little input it what he did. I am stoked to start my own garden and tried to set the room up as fool proof as possible as I know there are a lot of things out of my control. Tried to take care of everything that may be in my control through equipment.

Are you thinking I should start feeding them? I do not like the yellow color they are experiencing so I was thinking of starting them on a 1/4 mixture or something weak to start.

I am still learning my way around the forum, spent lots of time in the FAQ and how to grow section. Read Jorges book a couple times and am following it as I go too. Thank you very much for following my grow, I know I will gain a lot of knowledge here and hope to be able to help others as I learn as well.

Peace

I usually go to the hardware store and buy the following:

Bag perlite
Large bag canadian spagnum moss
Potting soil of choice

When i get to the grow , i mix mostly sphagnum moss with a couple cups of extra perlite per bucket, And a cups of potting soil ( all mixing has to be thorough , no leaving clumps of spagnum moss or anything. ) i try to chop and stir until the mix is very fine. Then i just leave the height of my starter cup worth of dirt out of my larger buckets and transplant and fill in around the transplanted seedling with the mix as well until it's packed in evenly but gently. I usually water the mix before putting the seedling in and a little more after, to kind of make the bond i guess. The coloration on your leaves could be due to the potency of the nutes in the seedling mix that your useing or it could be a bit of heat stress, are the lights high enough above your tops? Do you have a fan on to cool the ladies down a bit? :popcorn:

Sounds like a good way to get them started THC, mixing your own blend that is. I have the plants about 4 -5 inches below the lights but they may have gotten closer, at least the ones that are taller than others. I have since moved them up a bit and most of them back under the humidity dome which moves the light about 6 to 8 inches away from the tops. I have an oscillating tower fan on the highest setting which is probably as strong as the bigger fan in the flower room on low. The tower fan does seem to do the trick and the sensor I have is almost as high as the tops and the temp does not get higher than 85, may have gotten to 87 once or twice but not for an extended period.

Do you think I should just raise the lights a bit more for now? I was wondering about the nutes in the Fox Farm mix but did not think there was much in there. Maybe I should wait another week or so to introduce nutes. Or at least see if raising the lights helps?

Your Garden is looking sweet THC, I hope my flower room is graced by something as nice one day. Hopefully these ladies will recover!

THC, I checked the label on my soil mix and the nutes in it is as follows:

Fox Farm Light Warrior Seed Strter Ingrediants:
Select Sphagnum peat moss
Horticulture Perlite
Earthworm castings
Granite Dust
1.5% Humic acid
Mycorrhizol
Bacterial Inoculant
Oyster Shell (to adjust PH?)

I also forgot to mention my lights are on 24/7 right now and I got my seeds from Nirvana, all are feminised. I will take more pics in the morning and post their progress, hopefully raising the lights will help.

I raised lights last night and it seems like things did not get any worse. My Northern Lights and Blue Mystics are 17 days from popping out of soil. Reading one of the forum instruction threads said that you actually do not start counting until they have their first set of "real" leaves or something like that. Should I go back through my written notes to see when they started getting their first set of real leaves and revise the Day#?

It is weird both my NL#4 and BM#4 are both showing that brown leaf wreckage. I guess when I look at them there are a couple of my little ladies that do not look too bad but I am hoping the ones that are showing stress can rebound. I am still gonna hold off on nutes unless anyone would suggest otherwise.
Thanks again for watching over them with me:)
:peace:

420_Mag_0012.JPG

Northern Lights #1 (I numbered them as they popped up so this was the first to pop)

420_Mag_0022.JPG

NL #2

420_Mag_0032.JPG

NL#3

420_Mag_0042.JPG

NL#4

420_Mag_0052.JPG

NL#5

420_Mag_0062.JPG

Blue Mystic #1

420_Mag_0071.JPG

BM#2

420_Mag_0081.JPG

BM#3

420_Mag_009.JPG

BM#4

420_Mag_010.JPG

BM#5

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/420_Mag_011.JPG
Aurora Indica #1 (Day 3 from popping out of soil)

420_Mag_012.JPG

AI#2

Back
Top Bottom