707 Headband, 12/12 from Seed, Smart Pot

Found a seed a while back in an eighth of medicine from my favorite dispensary. A good batch of 707 Headband!

Due to lack of space I decided I would try 12/12 from seed. Well...guess a sativa will just grow tall no matter what!

707 Headband-Sativa

3 gallon Smart Pot filled with Fox Farm Happy Frog soil

Lumitek 400w digi ballast, Hortilux 400w hps, Hydrofarm Daystar AC hood

Grow tent, 18"x36" footprint

6" inline fan, in and out ducting. 90 cfm intake, 78 cfm out. 78 cfm fan for air movement. Both 78 cfm fans on 24 hours a day.

76*-81* lights on 70*-71* lights off, humidity 45% (IF IT WOULD STOP F'ING RAINING!) to 56% with the previously mentioned rain :yikes:

General Hydroponics nutes, ph'd 6.7

45 days from a sprout planted in soil. 30" tall

707_010.jpg

707_009.jpg

707_008.jpg

707_007.jpg

707_005.jpg

707_003.jpg

Re: 707 Headband, 12/12 from seed, Smart Pot

54 days from sprout.

Seems I may have ph'd a little low a watering or two. Some bad spots on a few leaves and the lowers are getting yellow and crispy. I'm not too concerned, lots of dark green leaves and flower production is coming along nicely.

Smells great when I come home from work, just a nice danky, slightly skunky smell.

707_017.jpg

707_012.jpg

707_013.jpg

707_014.jpg

707_016.jpg

Had her out of the tent for a 2 gallon flush with FloraKleen. Thought I would take some pics!

707_019.jpg

707_023.jpg

707_020.jpg

707_022.jpg

707_024.jpg

Things are starting to get sticky. I reached behind her to push the button for min/max temp, all the hairs on my forearm were sticky just from brushing the plant.

i thought that during veg the plants branches were paralel and then when they go into flower the branches stagger...........they're still paralel on yarddog's lovely lady...........im confused

i thought that during veg the plants branches were paralel and then when they go into flower the branches stagger...........they're still paralel on yarddog's lovely lady...........im confused

The branches staggering is the sign that you can put a plant into flower as that is the sign, along with preflowers, that the plant is maturing.

You'd ideally like to wait til the plant is mature before 12/12'ing.

:Namaste:

The branches staggering is the sign that you can put a plant into flower as that is the sign, along with preflowers, that the plant is maturing.

You'd ideally like to wait til the plant is mature before 12/12'ing.

Plants will veg themselves if grown on 12/12 from seed. They veg, then they flower.

Think photoperiod near the equator.....pot grown there is always on 12/12.

letting the plant veg for months is all fine and nice....you get much bigger plants and a much larger harvest....but 12/12 is a very efficient way to grow indoors. You can get more grams per watt** 12/12 than any other way.

**Not only gram/watt rating on light but also gram/actual kilowatt hours of light.

Plants will veg themselves if grown on 12/12 from seed. They veg, then they flower.

Think photoperiod near the equator.....pot grown there is always on 12/12.

letting the plant veg for months is all fine and nice....you get much bigger plants and a much larger harvest....but 12/12 is a very efficient way to grow indoors. You can get more grams per watt** 12/12 than any other way.

**Not only gram/watt rating on light but also gram/actual kilowatt hours of light.

I'd love to see the documentation on that...tends to shatter misconceptions..

Thanks Doc!

I'd love to see the documentation on that...tends to shatter misconceptions..

Thanks Doc!

you only have to do a bit of research on the method to discover the results.....easy for YOU to do. But you should know that never post anything that i can't back up in spades. If I'm not sure about something, I always preface by saying, "I'm not sure about this but...."

12/12 plants veg for about 30 days, some strains longer. If you top them they veg longer. I've got pics in my 12/12 journal, including the colas, which were monsters.

But look at it this way:

under a 1000 watt light, you can fit 6 to 8 plants if you pruned them. 8 plants, 3oz per plant=24oz=684grams. So, we'll say .7 grams per watt. Very nice!

With 12/12 you can easily get 18 plants under that same light. They are no more than 8 inches in diameter at the bottom, and usually grow just a single cola. You can also prune 12/12 plants if they throw out sidebranches.

24 plants 1.5 oz per plant....(I've gotten over 3 on mine, but lets just say you only get 1.5).....and now were talking about 36oz=1.026 grams per watt.

But that's not the whole story! The harvest comes faster under 12/12 and the amount of energy used is about 1/4 to 1/3 less.

So, why am I not doing ONLY 12/12 grows?

Because I'm not convinced it yields the best quality medicine. I honestly don't know it the finished product is better or not, but I've heard from some top breeders who say you want to let the plants mature for quality of meds. I'm not interested in quantity.....just quality.

But I have 5 plants on 12/12 in my current grow and the next grow is likely to have mostly 12/12 plants. There is much to learn in this endeavor!

you only have to do a bit of research on the method to discover the results.....easy for YOU to do. But you should know that never post anything that i can't back up in spades. If I'm not sure about something, I always preface by saying, "I'm not sure about this but...."

12/12 plants veg for about 30 days, some strains longer. If you top them they veg longer. I've got pics in my 12/12 journal, including the colas, which were monsters.

But look at it this way:

under a 1000 watt light, you can fit 6 to 8 plants if you pruned them. 8 plants, 3oz per plant=24oz=684grams. So, we'll say .7 grams per watt. Very nice!

With 12/12 you can easily get 18 plants under that same light. They are no more than 8 inches in diameter at the bottom, and usually grow just a single cola. You can also prune 12/12 plants if they throw out sidebranches.

24 plants 1.5 oz per plant....(I've gotten over 3 on mine, but lets just say you only get 1.5).....and now were talking about 36oz=1.026 grams per watt.

But that's not the whole story! The harvest comes faster under 12/12 and the amount of energy used is about 1/4 to 1/3 less.

So, why am I not doing ONLY 12/12 grows?

Because I'm not convinced it yields the best quality medicine. I honestly don't know it the finished product is better or not, but I've heard from some top breeders who say you want to let the plants mature for quality of meds. I'm not interested in quantity.....just quality.

But I have 5 plants on 12/12 in my current grow and the next grow is likely to have mostly 12/12 plants. There is much to learn in this endeavor!

Doc...I so didn't mean to imply that you would have to prove it to me..just that seeing the documentation on that would be really awesome...I've read enough of your stuff to trust you implicitly.

I too am only interested in quality. I'm a light med user so I don't need much...fact is..what I've got finishing right now will take care of my needs for a couple years.

I'll sub to your current grow and watch and learn bro...your current grow is 12/12 or is it the hempy grow that is only 12/12?

Thanks for weighing in on this all!

Doc, I have not dove into your journal yet but I will when I get home tonight. Did you start from clone or seed? Anxious to see your new 12/12 pics as well. Feel free to post some up here.
I hear ya about the quality issue. I too have read the same theory about the maturation process to get the best quality. This girl looks and smell great so fingers crossed.
From doing some reading on 12/12 I thought I would end up with a smaller plant like you described above. This girl is 32"+ tall and over 22" in diameter near the bottom. Is this because it's a sativa?

Doc, I have not dove into your journal yet but I will when I get home tonight. Did you start from clone or seed? Anxious to see your new 12/12 pics as well. Feel free to post some up here.
I hear ya about the quality issue. I too have read the same theory about the maturation process to get the best quality. This girl looks and smell great so fingers crossed.
From doing some reading on 12/12 I thought I would end up with a smaller plant like you described above. This girl is 32"+ tall and over 22" in diameter near the bottom. Is this because it's a sativa?

Yep. Sativa's love the 12/12. I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. One thing I love about this community is that people are always trying new and different things.

Well its passing day 70 now. I'm thinking today will be it's last light cycle. I believe in the 48-72 hours of darkness theory so she will get that treatment. Part of me is thinking wait another day or two before lights out...this will be a game time decision. :yummy:

Trichomes look like they are ready to pop! Almost all are milky, with a few clears, and a few showing a hint of amber. Timing is perfect! She needs water in a few hours so three days should dry the soil out well. I flushed with Florakleen initially now just plain ph'd water.

This 707 is very resinous at this point, tons of trichs to look at under the scope and oh so sticky!

Temps have been as high as 83* during flower so she is fox tailing a bit. Flowers are still solid and dense so I'm not too concerned. Next grow I need to do one of two things. Downgrade to a 250w bulb or try a short cool tube. With a the reflectivity and canvas those grow tents are tough to cool.

707_029.jpg

707_031.jpg

707_032.jpg

707_034.jpg

707_027.jpg

707_036.jpg

707_025.jpg

more than likely, i only do 12/12 grows due to space restrictions, and sativa dom. strains always grow big no matter what, kind of a pain, but if you lst, and top it early enough you can get by.:tokin:

Back
Top Bottom