Magic Beans Flo N Gro Pineapple Chunk - Lemon Skunk LED Grow - 2011

Magic beans

Hello, 420.

I've decided to do a journal on my first hydro grow. This will be my 3rd grow, the first 2 being soil withany problems includin root burn and gnats that came in my lucky bag of vermisoil... Woohooooo gnats!!

Anyways here are the specs:

Strain: pineapple chunk From Barneys Farm and Lemon skunk from greenhouse.

Veg/flower how long: i will be journaling the flowering process. Each strain has about a 9 week flowering time. Each plant has been vegged for 3 weeks 5 days and scrogged.

Indoor

In a Flo n Gro hydroponic setup with straight hydroton for the medium.

Light: vegged under 2 sun blaze 44- 4 foot 4 bulb t5 fixtures. Flowering under 2 180w Advanced led extreme flower grow lights.

Temp/Rh maintained at 78-82 degrees F and 30-50%

Res Ph maintained at 5.7-6.3 and temp 68-72

Using FloraDuo 2 part nutrient blend with FloraBlend and KoolBloom.

I will be starting this journal saturday, the first day of 12/12. I will post pics of their last days of veg tmrw. Any questions you may have go ahead and ask.

Re: Magic Beans Flo N Gro Pineapple Chunk/Lemon Skunk LED Grow-2011

OK. Lets hit the dragon real quick then begin.............

Here they are on their last day of veg, thursday. I decided to flower them early because their already trying to burst out of the scrog. I kept two good looking phenos to clone and this is what they produced. they are in the front 5 pots. the 3 on the right i noticed are very short and branchy and I am keeping that strain for the future. the other on the left is very stretchy when inducing 12/12. at least thats what happened first time around. The back row, 4 pots, holds the pineapple chunk strain i chose to keep. Ive heard many bad rumors about P chunk being more like a sativa but mine have huge thick leaves and grow very branchy. didnt stretch too bad in flower the first time around neither. 2 Sunblaze 44 HO T5s. FloraDuo Nutes not ever even exceeding 310 ppm. the plants are easy to satisfy. PH 5.7-6.3.
IMG_06657.jpg
IMG_06697.jpg
IMG_066812.jpg
IMG_066613.jpg

and under the 2 180W LEDs on the first day of 12/12
IMG_06766.jpg
IMG_067410.jpg
IMG_067811.jpg

I like the Flo N gro system but the plants grew a little faster than I had expected and it got a TAD crowded. but as I scrog the two sides growing to eachother during the beginning of the stretch It should be good. Anyways let me know what you think!

Hi there Magic

what kind of lights are those?

Hey hash hound thanks for dropping by. Those are 180w "Extreme Flower" LEDs from Advanced LED Grow Lights. Its a fairly new company i believe. From What i've seen they do great, especially for LEDs.

Great looking SCROG. How far apart do you have the lights? It looks like you can put a few more inches between them (about 18 inches on center). I believe their core coverage is about 2x2 depending on the height above canopy.

Great looking SCROG. How far apart do you have the lights? It looks like you can put a few more inches between them (about 18 inches on center). I believe their core coverage is about 2x2 depending on the height above canopy.

The lights are only about 3 inches apart. And yes youre definitely right i could space them out a little more, BUT u prob cant tell the greatest from the photos that there is a big open space in the upper left corner of the scrog (thats y i have them diagonal lol) Once i move a few braches into those cubes i will move the left light a few more inches but for now it would be a waste of light. Great observation though and thanks for the advice!

Edit: i respaced the lights to about 9 inches apart and angled effectively to distribute light as best as possible.

The ladies look great! very full and bushy, you will be very impressed with the lights from Advanced LED for sure. On your next run are you going to use them for veg as well or keep the T5's for that? off to a great start, it will be cool to see them start to fill that screen with buds!

The ladies look great! very full and bushy, you will be very impressed with the lights from Advanced LED for sure. On your next run are you going to use them for veg as well or keep the T5's for that? off to a great start, it will be cool to see them start to fill that screen with buds!

Thanks stoned,

I am actually switching between 2 rooms for veg and flower right now so i am going to keep using the t5s for veg til i can get more leds

OK

Day 3 of 12/12. The Pineapples are starting to stretch a bit but they're growing thick stems and bringing the nodes above the trellis so its all good with me. I think the plants reacted very positively with the increased light. I'm seeing a good few pistils already at many nodes of all the plants. they were already preflowering quite being clones and all. The 3 Lemons on the right in the front have increased in growth but have stayed stout. Ill give it a good 2 weeks to see some nice little tops start to form.

I changed the res early this morning before lights on. Mixed at only a third strength and kept the ppm to 300. Its a very low dosage of nutrients but the plants haven't told me otherwise. Just staying green on every leaf.
ph started at 5.9.
res temp: 70
canopy temp: 80
humidity:56

Please excuse the horrible photo quality.

Notice the fans hanging upside down. all floor space taken.
IMG_070211.jpg
IMG_070610.jpg
IMG_070411.jpg
IMG_070310.jpg
IMG_067811.jpg
IMG_070112.jpg

The FloraDuo Nutrients are a breeze, I must add. I like how they satisfy my ladies I'm getting a lot of use out of just the one qt. bottles.

Hey Magic,
Looking good to me! Gotta say, your results so far look amazing. You definitely have a full house there.

Just out of curiosity, are you finding your first hydro grow a better experience than your previous grows?

@FlowerGirl:

Thanks. Soil works, its tried and true and is the natural way plants grow. it will give results, and it worked for me. BUT with hydro, I love having TOTAL control over all limiting factors. in Soil, you dont have full control of water and nutrients in the soil. It works, but the guess and check nutrient plan isnt really my style. I could definitely keep doing it, but from how easy it is to maintain the hydro, id rather just stick with it. soil is more forgiving, too, but if you dont make the mistakes with hydro, you dont have to worry about it. I'm just gonna have to worry about when EXACTLY to flush. I dont want chemical bud!! lol I would say take some clones and try a hydro run yourself. And although I havent tried any other hydro nutes, Id still have to recommend the FloraDuo regimen by GH.

Day 7 Flower

Yesterday I topped up the res with 3 gallons full strength (10ml/gal of FloraDuo A, B and FloraBlend) and 2gal RO water. So far in the flowering process, the nutes have mixed with my RO water to come to about 5.9 pH and 310 ppm. I havent had to add any pH up or down. I checked the pH today just to have a reading and it was 6.2. All of the dominant tops on the P chunk in the back have grown an average of about 8-9 inches in the past 7 days. the Lemon skunk still staying stout but stretching just a tad. The canopy has stayed pretty even except for a very vigorous top on the P chunk and the short height of the Lemon is keeping it a little uneven as well, but all the plants are receiving virtually the same light and intensity. Cant remember if I mentioned this before but I'm flooding the buckets every 2.5 hours starting at lights on to lights off and once in the middle of the night.

Temp:78-83

rH: 40-65% ---- I noticed an immediate difference with the humidity of the room. since the LEDs dont give off much radiant heat, the room is staying much more humid. I opened the tent this morning right before lights on and the humidity was at 78% that definitely needs to be changed by the time the buds start forming. anyone got any suggestions?
IMG_07466.jpg
IMG_075410.jpg
IMG_07557.jpg
IMG_075610.jpg
IMG_075713.jpg
IMG_075817.jpg
IMG_075915.jpg

Any questions feel free to ask!

I REALLY WISH I COULD PROVIDE BETTER PICTURES!! SORRY!!

@Twelve12: im just using the iphone 4 camera.. But ill get somethin different here once the buds start developing. Ill have to come check out ur journal and see ur pineapple. Thanks for stoppin by

I'm paranoid about using phone cameras, the meta data might have my info which LEO can track down. Unless running it through software that can erase them. You've mentioned this is your 3rd grow. Have you finished with the LED you got? If so, how did you like them?

OK so I havent been able to make it on and update for a few weeks. I apologize for that. Anyhow, the ladies are doing great. they have stretched to almost triple their size since the switch to 12/12 and i have had to bend some tops down and train them different directions. This may only be my 3rd grow, but let me say this: PINEAPPLE CHUNK-NOT for scrog LOL. I mean yea scrogging it did help keep my canopy level but this lady is out of control with her stretch. She is starting to smell very nice though and has some nice trichome action that I actually noticed developing around day 19-20 of flower. The Lemon skunk definitely got overrun by the vigorous Pineapple. Nevertheless the lemon skunk are developing some very nice buds as well. I really love the Floraduo line of nutrients. I have been feeding with FD A, B, and liquid KoolBloom. they are really easy to maintain. Just fill the res up pretty full and let them go. I always check the ph and it always starts off at 6 after the nutes have been added, and fluctuates between 5.5 and 6.5 with just topping up regularly. and ive never let the ppm go more than 450 and not one deficiency. Fine with me. but enough with my rambling. Here they go:

TODAY IS DAY 30, and the pictures from yesterday; day 29, are posted below.

Day 29
temp: 77-81
rh:50-60
ph:5.7
ppm:425
day_29_0111.jpg
day_29_0101.jpg
day_29_0091.jpg
day_29_0081.jpg
day_29_0071.jpg
day_29_0061.jpg
day_29_005.jpg
day_29_004.jpg
day_29_003.jpg
day_29_002.jpg
day_29_001.jpg

Ive got my Diamond Series 200w on the way!! to go to my next little project. cant wait to put the flo n gro into the 5x5 tent..............

and to answer your question Twelve12, no this is my first run with the LED but I am liking it so far.

Looking good man. I have seen what the diamond series 200 will do, u got a good light coming your way.

Looking nice MB. I have to concur--P-chunk is not a SCROG friendly strain. I think if it was vegged a few weeks longer and topped multiple times it would be a massive giver. I should have actual dry weight up later today.

Nice set-up you got goin Beans I just might have to steal your scrog set-up for my 12-12 seed grow because they are really stretchy and i gotta control the height. Where did you get those 180w Advanced led extreme flower grow lights and how much did you pay if you dont mind i really want leds.

Back
Top Bottom