Multi-Strain Grow With 1000W Ballast From JD-Lighting - Perpetual Part 3

Batcave

Welcome to Part 3 of my ever changing perpetual. This part is featuring a 1000w Dimmable ballast compliments of JD-Lighting.

I Just upgraded my 3x4 tent to a 4x4 and currently running my GrowOp 600w dimmable ballast in the 4x4. Today the 1000w ballast arrived from JD-Lighting and will go into service this weekend after I pick up a 1000w Hortilux or Digilux from the Hydro shop 2 counties over.

Here are a few pics of the new 1000w ballast and new tent. I'm excited to get this big boy up and running so I can put it through its paces. Feel free to grab a seat, but lets keep things civil and adult-like.

Next photos will most likely be when I crank her up this weekend, but wanted to show the ballast and how much UPS loves their customers ;).

UPS strikes again!
IMG_57191.JPG

IMG_57201.JPG

UPS handled it so roughly that the tape was torn open and the bottom was falling apart. UPS guys was holding it closed and I almost dropped it out of the bottom when he handed it over.
IMG_57211.JPG

Opening the plain brown shipping box. Ballast box has a dent from the UPS handling.
IMG_5722.JPG

Open the ballast box and the powercord awaits
IMG_57251.JPG

The ballast
IMG_57261.JPG

Dimmer dial
IMG_57291.JPG

IMG_5731.JPG

Weighs 2 pounds less than my 600w dimmable and shorter
IMG_57362.JPG

4x4 tent that will run the 1000w starting this weekend.
IMG_57401.JPG

Re: Multi-strain grow with 1000w ballast from JD-Lighting - Perpetual Pt.3

sweet bat cave, the ballast looks heavy duty, nice and solid, yet still weighs less than your 600w im impressed!

your grow tent set up looks great, i call it your bud cave!

Thanks and it does looks nice, solid, and the heatsink goes completely around unlike my other ballasts. The bottom of the ballast is lifted up for airflow underneath the heatsink unlike just the flat bottom of my other 250w, 400w, and 600w ballasts.

i wanna see that puppy strike up!

Me too brother! I will be picking up the Digilux 1000w HPS bulb at 10am tomorrow morning when the shop opens its doors ;). They have the Hortilux for $85 or the Digilux for $90 so I'm going with the Digilux

And we are up and running with the JD-Lighting 1000w Ballast! When I got to my store yesterday morning I had planned on going with the Digilux bulb, or the Hortilux bulb, but he was out of 1000w bulbs. Someone had just came through on Friday and snagged his last twelve 1k bulbs. I ended up hitting a different store another 20 miles away that had Digilux for $120, the Hortilux was $110, and a Sunlight Supply Ultra-Sun for $75. The guy made me a deal for two of the Ultra-Sun's for $120 so I got 2 bulbs for the price of the Digilux. The Ultra-sun bulb is seriously bright, as bright as the Hotilux's I have seen before so I am pleased with my purchase. These are the newer Ultra Suns with 140,000 lumens, full spetrum, and double the price of their old version.

Only things I have changed from the 600w setup is install the new bulb, and raise the hood to 22" from the shortest plant and 16" from the tallest. It has been running at the normal 100% setting for 5 hours and has only raised my temp 2 degrees above what the 600w ran at the plant tops. 6" fan is still only running at 2/3 speed so I still have room to breathe.

I will keep the updates coming as they are available, but looking great so far. Thanks JD-Lighting! If you haven't checked out their ballast yet they still have a sale going on 1000W Digital Ballast $199 Shipped! 2 x 1000W Digital Ballast $349.99 Shipped!

Plugged it in and it kicked right on with no hesitation.
IMG_57571.JPG

IMG_57531.JPG

IMG_57541.JPG

IMG_57601.JPG

I use the ultra suns too and I was wondering the same thing about pics without the lines I can get a good pic without them as long as I'm above the hood...

I use a Canon Eos Rebel XT digital camera with the flash forced to fire with every shot.

I use the ultra suns too and I was wondering the same thing about pics without the lines I can get a good pic without them as long as I'm above the hood...

HF5, how do you like the Ultra Suns?

I have been monitoring the temps closely for the last 2 days and everything looks good. Ambient temp of the room the tent is in is 76 to 77, canopy level is staying 78 to 80, and the roof temp inside has maxed at 81 degrees. A/C has NOT kicked on in the last 2 days so the temps will be managable. Outdoor temps were 77
IMG_57652.JPG

IMG_57661.JPG

Next round of C99, Critical SSH, and 3rd Dimension under the LED before making their way to the 1000w tent.
IMG_57622.JPG

Batcave oh man that is a ripe off $120 for a 1K Digilux. I got mine online for $72 with shipping. Your setup looks great. I'm about to built some ventilation inside the tent and was wondering where are you exhausting the heat to?

Batcave oh man that is a ripe off $120 for a 1K Digilux. I got mine online for $72 with shipping. Your setup looks great. I'm about to built some ventilation inside the tent and was wondering where are you exhausting the heat to?

Yes I saw them on ebay for $72 shipped but just didn't want to wait for it to ship, and I am always uncomfortable with shipping bulbs, lost 2 in the last 2 years so far. The closest shops to me are always over priced. Thanks and I vent into my attic.

Just checked the external temp of the 1000w JD-Lighting ballast and it is running at 117.6 degrees with no fan on it. My 600w ballast averaged a 115 degrees at the same ambient room temps so just a small increase in ballast temps. I'm really enjoying this ballast, and its great knowing I can still turn it down if I ever do start to have temp issues. Even running the cheaper Ultra-Sun bulb this thing is bright, glance at the bulb and you will see spots for awhile, and the plants are loving it. I have also opted to keep a pair of sunglasses next to my tent for furture gardening just as a precaution. After running a couple of plants full term under the 1000w I may try it vertical :)

Signing in. Love your grows.

Welcome aboard for another part of my grow and another light upgrade.

Here!...Looking good...time for some super buds with the 1000 :goodjob:
It will be interesting to see how much difference there is between my 600w setup and this new 1000w setup. I only have two new strains I have not grown before in the tent (c99 and cssh) but I will be able to see any difference with the other 4 strains I have ran under the 600w before.

Back
Top Bottom