Cronichemp's First Indoor DWC 60 Day Wonder & NYCD

OK here we go been debating wether i should do this or not but hell i figure this is the best way to share without telling if you know what i mean.
they have both been if veg for about a month now im gonna switch to flower this weekend for the nycd as the 60 day wonder is about to flower on its own i hope i dont hurt the yield on the 60 day by switching the lights to 12/12 to make the nycd go into flowering mode. using a dwc started off in a 6 gallon rectangle tub with 4 netpots but only used two. Trying to keep it as organic as possible im using botanicare's pure blend nutes started off with light nute at start of veg @ 7.5ml per gallon the first week 15ml per the following week then 18ml per the next, last weekend i moved them to thier seperate 5 gallon buckets cause they needed the space and moved it up to 20ml per gallon and this was all on pure blend pro grow, this next weekend im gonna switch lights to 12/12 from 18/6 and do a 10ml per gallon of pro grow and 12.5 ml per gallon of pro bloom fro transition into the flowering phase and change of nutes to pro bloom. im trying to keep it simple here as this is my first indoor venture with hydroponics, doing it as a caregiver for my dad who is a cancer patient. last time i ever grew anything was over 25 yrs ago outside in soil, last plant i ever grew was a 90 day wonder dont know if anyone of you heard of that strain before it was a small indica strain that looked like a little christmas tree and finished in 90 days, but back to the future lol. im using one of those secret jardin tents its a darkroom twin with the veg area sitting on top of the flowering area i hope it can hold the weight of the 6 gallon container im gonna use for veg as i started it on the bottom since nothing else was growing. its a 4x4 ft sq area not sure of the height its roughly 5 ft for the flowering area and about 2.5 ft for the veg, using flourescent litro grow lights right now theyre under 6 t-8 bulbs, yea im also trying to keep the heat down and the electric costs down because its very expensive here on electricity not to mention the heat, rh humidity runs about 50-65% depends if it rains or not it gets fairly humid here not sure if i should go get a dehumidifier. the temp usually runs about 79-84f during the day and maybe 75-80f during the night. also running fans to try and keep the air moving. heres some pics hope i can get some positive input......:thumb:

1331696136695.jpg

1331773146722.jpg

1332027883173.jpg

1332027891389.jpg

1332027974171.jpg

1332285894953.jpg

1332285915899.jpg

1332547593439.jpg

1332547605640.jpg

1332628044590.jpg

1332628054075.jpg

1332628062895.jpg

1332665913191.jpg

1332665922499.jpg

1332728817682.jpg

1332728842849.jpg

1332822149064.jpg

1332822158373.jpg

1332899772711.jpg

1332899785348.jpg

the one that started off smaller is the 60 day wonder the one thats taller now is the 60 day wonder lol, the nycd leaves in one picture is drooping alot but i notice it tends to do that about 1-2 hrs before the lights go out and the next day its perked back up again.........

Re: cronichemp's first indoor dwc 60 day wonder and nycd

forgot to mention nycd is soma's and the of course dna genetics puts out the 60 day wonder, had to raise the center light fixture again this evening cause the 60 day wonder was already on it, had to raise the nycd bucket up to the lights or it would be too far away :(
oh and those little peat puck things you see in some of the pictures are rosemary im starting indoors before i put em outside lol.............

Hey, nice set up and pictures, my friend. Very clean too. :thumb:

I'm not a hydro person, but like the set up and the way you have described things, you've done your homework very well. I'll do a bit of advertising for you and get some experts in here to answer any questions you have.

Your off to a really good start! :high-five:

thanks for the props omm i did do alot of reading and stuff yes but, i got alot of help from a hydro shop in town, was gonna really go expesive and hard but was convinced to go cheaper and go simple and after i started with the 6 gallon tub i realized he was right. after thinking about using air pumps, lights, water pumps, possibly a water cooler , going aeroponics i realized with the power outages thats been happening that i should keep it as simple as possible so i ended up sticking with just the dwc, i figured even if the power goes out on the dwc i can use battery operated pumps to keep the girls alive. the lights still would be an issue if the lights went out but the main thing is keeping the plants from drowning and we got alot of fishing supply stores with battery operated pumps that i can use to keep them alive in a power outage lol..:thumb:

also in the first journal entry forgot to mention i started with the sunleaves air pump with the 2 outlets and started it out with ph about 6.2-6.0 now its about 5.8-6.0 and switched pump to 600gph sunleaves for the 5 gallon buckets

forgot to mention i may get ambitious here and start another grow journal as i germinated 2 new seeds a bomb seeds medi bomb #1 and a seedsman white widow
since they are just popping out of the rockwool.

thanks for the props omm i did do alot of reading and stuff yes but, i got alot of help from a hydro shop in town, was gonna really go expesive and hard but was convinced to go cheaper and go simple and after i started with the 6 gallon tub i realized he was right. after thinking about using air pumps, lights, water pumps, possibly a water cooler , going aeroponics i realized with the power outages thats been happening that i should keep it as simple as possible so i ended up sticking with just the dwc, i figured even if the power goes out on the dwc i can use battery operated pumps to keep the girls alive. the lights still would be an issue if the lights went out but the main thing is keeping the plants from drowning and we got alot of fishing supply stores with battery operated pumps that i can use to keep them alive in a power outage lol..:thumb:

also in the first journal entry forgot to mention i started with the sunleaves air pump with the 2 outlets and started it out with ph about 6.2-6.0 now its about 5.8-6.0 and switched pump to 600gph sunleaves for the 5 gallon buckets

Hi! If it was the Hydro Shop out by the airport, you went to the right place. Good folks there and honest. Will not steer you wrong.
I worry about the lights all the time here. Like you said, they go out all the time. I would need a generator, which I can't afford.
That's great that you can get a small one. :bravo:

Hi! If it was the Hydro Shop out by the airport, you went to the right place. Good folks there and honest. Will not steer you wrong.
I worry about the lights all the time here. Like you said, they go out all the time. I would need a generator, which I can't afford.
That's great that you can get a small one. :bravo:

its one of the ones in sand island green hands the owner aron nice guy he helps out alot, says if i succeed so does he and hes right, cause i will go back if i need things...
and besides i told him what the purpose was for so he knew i needed things to work.:thumb:

forgot to mention i may get ambitious here and start another grow journal as i germinated 2 new seeds a bomb seeds medi bomb #1 and a seedsman white widow
since they are just popping out of the rockwool.

HeHe! I hear you. Why not!
I'll be starting some Berry Bombs pretty soon. A white Widow is always good to have around.

I found a seed on my desk....have no idea what it is. I know it's female....I don't buy anything else. I'm a seed junkie and was looking at them all....over 150 strains, Oh My! Guess I'll have to plant it!.:circle-of-love: Good Luck.

HeHe! I hear you. Why not!
I'll be starting some Berry Bombs pretty soon. A white Widow is always good to have around.

I found a seed on my desk....have no idea what it is. I know it's female....I don't buy anything else. I'm a seed junkie and was looking at them all....over 150 strains, Oh My! Guess I'll have to plant it!.:circle-of-love: Good Luck.

i notice theres really alot of people on hee i can start to read some grow journals and as soon as i read a few alot more pop up with new replies then i go back to the top and start over again lol.

your one that ill be following though :thumb:

i been doing alot of seed buying too lol, been buying mostly fems from single seed center they get my seeds to me pretty promptly from the uk the last 2 orders came in about 10 days so im happy, but will buy a few regs to see if i can get a good male so i can "make" some of my own seeds so i dont have to keep spending money on seeds, hopefully it works out lol......

its amazing how much this 60 day wonder is stretching just before its gonna flower pics to follow later today :party::yahoo:

so heres a update kinda fast but its growing fast so i figured id post

heres the 60 day wonder already touching the light that i moved up yesterday
damn its stretching out alot just before flower
1332969478344.jpg

and heres the nyc diesel trying to catch up

1332969417552.jpg

any input always appreciated
have a nice day....

:peacetwo:

Very sweet. I like your setup. Dwc is soooooooooo cool. Very nice plants. Think Ill come along for this one :peace:

Very sweet. I like your setup. Dwc is soooooooooo cool. Very nice plants. Think Ill come along for this one :peace:

:thanks:
really appreciate it
trying to keep this one as simple and as cheap as possible so im gonna find out how good these litro grow lights are
again thanks .....................

:helpsmilie:just out of curiousity whats people input on clipping fan leaves to give light to the growing branches? i keep reading its not good to remove fan leaves but i see alot of peoples grows and they do "haircuts" and remove alot of those fan leaves to give light to the growing branches.....

ok a little update from this morning i dont want to lift the light up again and have to prop up the nycd plant so i decided to do some tying.
haven't used string instead im using some leftover solid core copper wire, that way im not actually tying around the plant instead im kinda just hooking it with a big loop, insulated wire of course dont want to use bare wires.........
also the top was the only part really getting away, the lower branches are almost all even in height which will make it good cause now it looks like a got a bunch of tops without having to fim or top the plant.

1332987354286.jpg

1332987002049.jpg

1332986966911.jpg

also since i change the res once a week and theyre all self contained in the own bucket i drilled the holes in the little fins on the top of the cover so i dont have to worry about removing the ties when i need to do a res change

wow since my last post where it tied my top down on my 60 day wonder it was pointing straight up again and not only that it was practically on the light again so i had to move my hook up a bit now the tops are all about even within the plant and about even with the nycd
im wondering what itll look like tomorrow as it still has almost 6 hrs of light left for todays light cycle..........

this 60 day wonder is nutz
im gonna go to 12/12 this weekend as i mentioned for the nycd even tho its a little short the height in the tent is limited so hopefully itll start stretching up, but if it does stretch away from the 60 day wonder im gonna tie that one over to so i can keep the lights even for both plants as the 60 day plant suppose to be a shorter plant, but as soon as the shorter plant is done i can let the nycd loose to stretch in its flowering phase a bit.

heres hoping for a good grow :yahoo:

well off to play some wow for a bit tonight bbl to check the forums again lol

:helpsmilie:just out of curiousity whats people input on clipping fan leaves to give light to the growing branches? i keep reading its not good to remove fan leaves but i see alot of peoples grows and they do "haircuts" and remove alot of those fan leaves to give light to the growing branches.....

Tuck them under, so they don't cover the bud sites. Rule of thumb....Day 21 of flower, defoliate those girls, Sounds crazy, but it works .....I mean take many leaves off. Then on day 45 of flower defoliate again, even harder. All the resources go to the buds that way.

This was an ongoing conversation in many journals for a while. After many growers did it, we realized that all the energy does goes to making buds, not leaves. :high-five:

Tuck them under, so they don't cover the bud sites. Rule of thumb....Day 21 of flower, defoliate those girls, Sounds crazy, but it works .....I mean take many leaves off. Then on day 45 of flower defoliate again, even harder. All the resources go to the buds that way.

This was an ongoing conversation in many journals for a while. After many growers did it, we realized that all the energy does goes to making buds, not leaves. :high-five:

sounds good ill try that, the 60 day wonder is nice and open lotta space so that not the one i was refering too, its the nycd.
on another note i think i tied the damn top of the 60 day wonder too much too fast theres a tear in the main stem now between the second and 3rd node from the top or 3rd to 4th somewhere around there theres still alot of branches thats up as high as the top atm so i guess even if the top dies i still got a chance to have a bunch of tops going but the top still seems to be reaching for the light as it is facing straight up again even with the tear, on another note i hope it can heal and recover as i thinks its starting to go into its flowering phase as its showing her sex all over the place at this time........

sounds good ill try that, the 60 day wonder is nice and open lotta space so that not the one i was refering too, its the nycd.
on another note i think i tied the damn top of the 60 day wonder too much too fast theres a tear in the main stem now between the second and 3rd node from the top or 3rd to 4th somewhere around there theres still alot of branches thats up as high as the top atm so i guess even if the top dies i still got a chance to have a bunch of tops going but the top still seems to be reaching for the light as it is facing straight up again even with the tear, on another note i hope it can heal and recover as i thinks its starting to go into its flowering phase as its showing her sex all over the place at this time........

Believe it or not, tape that sucker up. It will heal. Even a strip of duct tape will work. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom