O.G. Kush - Coco Coir Tent Grow

Hello all! Excited to start another journal here at :420: (love the new 'organic' looking logo, btw) I'm going to make sure to stay on top of this one.
I'm extra excited about this grow because of what I'm growing! Clones have become scarce in my area due to changes in county policies. Clones now mean cultivation, which obviously changes the rules for the few dispensaries that are left.

After searching the internet, and almost driving 100+ miles to the bay area (did the math on gas cost's...nope, not worth it) I stumbled across a totally legit nursery. Saw lab test results and all. A 100% THC only Sativa O.G. Kush.

Grow tent, 18"x36"x60". Support bars added to the sides to keep the dang thing from imploding on the plants. Passive vents on the bottom, 200 cfm of exhaust fans mounted on top. Small desk fan inside to rustle the leaves.

Lumitek digital ballast firing a 250 watt HPS bulb, housed in a Super Sun 2 reflector. Air cooled with intake and exhaust separate from tent.

1 gallon Smart Pot filled with Sunshine #4 Coco Coir. I will transplant to a 2 gallon soon, then most likely tie her down.

Blue Planet Nutrients complete Farmers Pride line.

I got these babies three weeks ago, they were very small. Since I was only buying a few that was the best the guy could do. They usually sell in bulk but he hooked me up big time. Super chill guy :thumb:
They took a little over a week to start taking off...then they took off. I say they because I started with four, two have each found other homes, and I have two left. The smaller one's fate is unknown.

Pics taken today. They are 16" or so right now, wish I would have taken pics a few weeks ago, growth is crazy. Topped once, one more is in order. Looking to start flower in 2 weeks, at the latest.

420_609.jpg

420_610.jpg

420_611.jpg

420_612.jpg

420_613.jpg

420_614.jpg

420_616.jpg

420_617.jpg

420_618.jpg

420_619.jpg

Re: O.G. Kush-BPN Nutrients-Coco Coir tent grow

Forgot to mention...was feeding 500 ppm, upped to 700 a few days ago. Judging by the tips of the leaves I over did it just a wee bit. I'm not concerned with PH :thedoubletake:

Any questions, concerns, advice, discussions, and/or criticism is more than welcome in this thread!

Looking great so far, I'm subbed.

Just a few questions/comments

1.Was that a typo "100% THC only Sativa OG kush"

2. Did the guy say it is the real Sativa OG? I'm not sure if Sativa OG & Sativa OG kush are the same but the real Sativa OG has 3 blade leaves and supposedly you can only aquire clones in the LA area

Hey Stoned, thanks for following this one.

Great questions. As 420 has presented, Sativa OG Kush is Skywalker OG. Yes, I've heard that's a so cal only cut, and is hard to find. Skywalker OG, to my understanding is a fantastic pheno of OG Kush. The flavor tells that story.
Original OG Kush is a mostly Sativa plant. Contrary to a lot of phenos, or just knock offs that claim to be OG Kush. I've seen plenty of those over the years here in northern California. Some labeled Indica.

OG Kush is said to be a pheno of the original Chemdawg, also a sativa. DNA seems to have nailed it:DNA Genetics — OG Kush and Reserve claims to have Skywalker, a better yielding pheno of OG Kush:Skywalker OG Kush - Reserva Privada Seeds - Worldwide Marijuana Seeds

He stated this is the real O.G. Kush. Test results showed no CBD's or CBN's. Lab tests of OG Kush ranged from 14%-24.5% THC, this strain grown under their optimal condition produced 22% THC. Again, no CBD or CBN. That was with 60% amber trichomes.

If I can keep her healthy we will find out! :thumb:

Thanks for clearing that up. Looks like you've seen 420's post as well

I live in so cal and almost all the shops list OG's under indicas. I have smoked many OG's from shops but never had the pleasure to grow any. Finally this grow I have a Cali connection buddha tahoe og and a DNA LA Confidential (OG LA Affie x Afghani).

Something about OG's I just can't get enough off, Diesels ought to be up there as my 2nd favorite :cheesygrinsmiley:

Good luck with the BPN line, I have the farmers pride pack as well !

I'm the same way with O.G.'s, by far my favorite!
Sounds like you have some good stuff going on there, I'll be sure to stop by and check out your thread. I'm a big fan of L.A. Con, great strain. I've heard the Tahoe is killer.

Thanks for the good luck! Blue Planets products are doing the job very well, growth is amazing.

I've started using Dyna-Gro's Neem Oil and ProTek as a foliar spray. After dealing with powder mold and bugs during previous grows, I'm all about prevention now. Lots of reading led me to these two products. It's all about toughening up those cell walls! :high-five: And lower humidity, good ventilation, SNS 244 for mold, SNS 203 and 217 for mites and bugs. That's the prevention lineup. Prevention is the key word there. I'm using these products BEFORE I see a problem.

Some pics of the two before they got their foliar spray:
420_623.jpg

420_624.jpg

420_625.jpg

420_626.jpg

Official height today was 18".

I've decided I'm going to transplant the larger plant into a 2 gallon Smart Pot, and use a larger catch tray. I'll put screws around the top of the catch tray as tie down points for the branches. That way I can still take her out of the tent for flushing or pruning. Being she is so young the branches are very green and pliable.
I also placed an order for Emerald Triangles Bushmaster. It was recommended for this strain by the grower to keep her from stretching too much, and for a larger yield.

Transplant should happen within the next few days. Still don't know what I'll do with the other pretty girl.

Transplant complete! 2 gallon Smart Pot.

420_627.jpg

420_628.jpg

420_629.jpg

I'm thinking there are some roots in there...
420_630.jpg

Back in the tent
420_632.jpg

I just transplanted the one, the other still fits in the tent, for now. Probably get the holes drilled in the catch tray and tie her down tonight. As for the other, I still don't know.

Lookin good dog!

Thanks Bass!

I did the tie down thing last night. Should have done it a few days ago as the branches were not as pliable.

Snapped one of the big ones...cracked it I guess would be a better term. Tied it up secure. Put the damn thing in the tent and cracked another big branch! Ugh! I should have just LST'd all the branches but thought tying them down would be fine. Tied that branch up as well.
My plan of tying the branches to the water tray has one big flaw...the pot can slide if I move it but the branches remain tied to the tray, ultimately pulling on the branches and causing damage.

After going through all that and being madder than a wet hen (couldn't think of any good male analogies) I took a minute to breathe before going back in. Ended up LST'ing all the branches w/o tying them down.

Pics to come a little later.

OK, two days after the almost FUBAR, we are back on track and running out of space faster than I can type this.

Tall girl is now shoved in the corner of my small tent. She measures a leggy 26"!
Crab girl (yeah we all knew one in high school) is recovering nicely. She didn't look too good after two cracked branches, then all branches being twisted and bent...go figure. She is looking less like a crab today. It's amazing how fast the adapt to the LST. She still looks slightly stressed though.

420_633.jpg

420_634.jpg

420_635.jpg

420_638.jpg

420_643.jpg

420_643.jpg

me predicts crab lady will become sexy lady:cheer:

Officially out of space.

Sacrifices have to be made, but from one, there may be many.

420_657.jpg

420_654.jpg

420_655.jpg

Bear with me for one second before we get back to the clones.
This Sunshine #4 mix and Blue Planet Nutrients are causing amazing growth IMO.
Yesterday:
420_657.jpg

5 days prior to the last pic (plant on the left):
420_628.jpg

I'm still a novice grower, but that is about as rapid of growth that my grows have seen.

Everything I needed to cut clippings
420_652.jpg

I do not condone, nor recommend mixing your meds with alcohol. It's a nasty habit I have...but that's some good beer right there...all in moderation of course :cheesygrinsmiley:
The mini Steelers mug is perfect for the clonex...GO STEELERS!

I finally spent the $24 to get the proper cloning tray, Rapid Rooter plugs, and humidity dome. I've tried some dumb, time wasting ways to clone before (got roots though!) and realized it doesn't cost too much to do it clean and efficiently.
Plugs soaking in water PH'd at 6.5...came out of the bottle that way!
420_658.jpg

Plug tray sitting in bottom tray. I had to cut one row off of the plug tray to make it fit the way I wanted. Put a little water in the bottom tray, as recommended on the plug instructions.
420_662.jpg

Clones under the dome
420_661.jpg

Now crab girl has some room to stretch her legs! I twisted and bent a few more branches last night.
Bushmaster arrived in the mail, the switch is coming soon! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom