Week 3-5 in veg
indoor
Hempy Hybrid
Coco Coir
12 Pack cfl
70 day 68 night
BPN Veg 2 for nutes
60% humidity
My first grow was from a clone and it went hermie. I've been using those seeds since. I know that she is a slower finisher and has a smell like stale gasoline at the end. The high is creepy and starts heady then body, but watch out. As they grow I'm open to speculation as to strain.
My first try at 2L hempy didn't net as much as I wanted or needed. Moving the bottles to dry the runoff was a pain, but necessary to keep humidity below 75 to 80%. When it came time to trim again I had to move each bottle. I came up with a modular approach.
2L 6pack rack

If this works I figure 1mom, 6in the cloner and 3 racks in flower (single cola). I'll start clones every 3 weeks and have a steady stream that will more than fill our needs.
Week One of this Journal
Drinking water from wally world
PH 9.7
TDS 001
with nutes, Veg#2
PH 5.6
TDS 769
Runoff
PH 6.3
2l-6pack-rack.164698

Photo-1245.jpg

I'll have to get out the digital camera and get better pictures. Need batteries.
This weekend it's on to twelve12.
Thanks for stopping by:thanks:

Re: 6pack 2L Hybrid Hempy rack unknown strain

Got better pictures. WOW they love this only 4 days and look how big. I had problems getting seedlings to make it so they are not the same age. Guess I used all the fat seeds and now they don't have enough stored food to make it much past germination. Mom comes out of the batch I'll start this weekend and that will be about it for my stash of hermie seeds. I wonder how Eldorado will do?

008593.JPG

Moved them under the 12 pack
010502.JPG

bucket system of watering
012372.JPG

This weekend flush and up the nutes to"crazy growth" Add drip tubing and air stone to watering bucket. Shine the walls and put up panda door one week to twelve12.:cheer:

very nice dadums,

may I suggest adding some wings to your light setup to reflect some light down towards the plants. It looks like you are using a foil cooking tray?

I fabricated my own hood for heat removal out of stock rolled flashing material. I still had to add wings because I measured the stock hood and transferred the measurements to the new hood, but forgot to compensate for the bigger size, and to much light escaped to the sides until I added the wings.

Time to change nutes
Gush
11494.JPG

Then finish draining
21082.JPG

getting bigger
3997.JPG

for 1 gallon
final TDS 235
final PH 7.2

Hew batch "crazy growth"
Drinking water
TDS 004
PH 9.9

with nutes & Super thrive
TDS 952
PH 5.3
Runoff PH 6.3

I'll have to watch my runoff PH more I wonder if is my brand of coco I'll rinse the next batch. I'm mixing another gallon of water so I can run the air stone in it. Tomorrow the gravity watering tubes then I can have the wife water, just pick up the bucket once a day. Anyone know how much time it will take a small air stone to oxiginate a gallon of water? I think I'll try wally world spring water the drinking water is filtered to almost no TDS that or add cal/mag. Anyone want to guess on genetics? :morenutes:

Photo-11511.jpg

Water level is constant set by the runoff pipe rather than holes in the bottles. I have my wife watering daily with oxiginated water (air stone in the bucket) just added the air so I'll have to see if there is a difference. This makes it a DWC Hempy, flood and drain. I can adjust PH daily and if problems arise flushing is easy. My TDS at the end of this week will be off because I switched from drinking to spring water for cal/mag. Wally world filters there drinking water to RO levels. Seeing daily growth. Flipping to Twelve12 this weekend. Got my Wings for the 12 pack they go on tonight.

dadums,

what size pipe did you use? In mine I used 1 1/2" thin wall as described in the online instructions. It was a little hard to find, but I did. And I had to use a piece of the 1 1/2" thin wall inside the T fittings to make the bottle caps fit tight.

WOW I'm on my first 2nd page:thanks:

I used 3/4" pvc from lowes. The 3way corners are the hardest to find in stock, but can be ordered. I used the dremel tool on the bottle threads and then epoxy puttied them into threaded adapters so I can remove and plug them. It figures I had a set of garden hose disconnects sitting on my desk and a 2L cap fit perfectly. Yep a DAY LATE. Got what will probably be the last batch of my hermie seeds sprouting now looking to get 2 mums and an upgraded 8 pack running.:cheer:

It's all pvc plumbing fixtures and epoxy putty on the bottles. Just glued like it would be in a house.
Today
001897.JPG

You feed them, put them to bed, pamper them and they grow up sooo fast.

Still getting runoff at PH7.3
Hey twelve12 Should I worry about the high PH
in my runoff? They look healthy enough, and I'm still running at 5.3 to 5.5 going in.
I got my coco at the pet store the guy said it would be fine. He grows... when I asked for a PH test kit that went below 5 he KNEW what it was for. I'm going to soak the rest of what I have expanded before the next set.

Back
Top Bottom