Jandre2k3's Maternity Ward Purple Mr. Nice

Purple Mr. Nice
Indica
Genetics: Grandaddy Purple x Mr. Nice (G 13 X HashPlant)
Good for: Pain, Insomnia, Stress, Anxiety, Migraines
Overall Rating: 8.2 out of 10 based on 30 ratings at leafly dot com
Top Medical Use: Pain
Top Effect: Lazy
Negative: Dry Eyes

Not a whole lot of information is found on this strain, but:
Granddaddy Purple crossed with Mr. Nice. This strain captures the purple color of GDP and the smell and taste of Mr. Nice. A very powerful indica that has a high probability of fuzzy couch-lock.
So, I'll just give some pics and the Story behind how I obtained a cut.

Okay, now the story:

So anyone that's been following my Cardboard Flowering Box grows will know that I had a major mishap with a batch of clones and a clone that I had acquired called Purple Cindy.

Well, I went to the co-op today to replace my now dead Purple Cindy, and the proprietor there asked me, "Why the hell are you looking at the Purple Cindy clones?"

"Well," I replied, "I lost my Purple Cindy days after I got her home due to a power failure while I was camping."

So, he looked fairly cross with me, then his eyes softened, "I know how that goes," he said. "Come around here, I have something to show you."

I walked over to where he was and he pulled out 2 of these clones. I read the name and my eyes go wide with excitement. "Is that...?" I stammer.

"Yup! Mr. Nice crossed with GDP! One of my prized possessions in this building." He beamed.

"Wow, congratulations on that one! Hope you don't have the same crap happen to you on these 2!" I gushed

"One." he said, matter of factually. "I have only one."

I furrowed my brow in confusion, and looked at him and the clones quizzically, thinking that one of them is another strain. He kind of chuckled to himself, walked to the water fountain to grab a cup, squirts a little inside, and returns. I'm standing there dumbfounded trying to figure out what the hell that means.

I had just about wrapped my head round what he was getting at when he picked up one of the clones, works the root out of the container, winds them down into the cup, and snugs the rockwool plug into place. He then grins a sheepish grin and shoves the cup at my chest. "I can't 'give' it to you so you gotta donate something for it. Regular 10 bucks should do it."

I sputtered, tried to talk, jaw dropped open, then shut, then opened again. I was trying to talk through the surprise, but all I could get out was, "TH-uhhh, bu-uhhhh..."

He started laughing and said "After a setback like that, you need some good karma sent your way. Just think of it as an 'I'm sorry that happened to you.'"

I will skip the very embarrassing rest of the visit, but will show you the result of last weeks setback. A little bit of serendipity, and good returned from the universe. A very fortuitous turn of events, that has landed me the proud owner of a baby that I would have given my left nut for... Really, I would! Well, okay, not really, but, GAWD! Look at this thing!

Here is the root system... note the red arrow at top left and follow it down and around... THAT'S ALL ROOT FOR THIS PLANT!!

About the Maternity Ward:

Hydro Style: Drip 4x/day
Nutrients: Blue Planet Nutrients Elite 3-part
pH: 5.6-6.1
Lighting:
3x T5HO on Gas Lantern Routine (12-1)
Substrate: Hydrotone
Medium: gro|dan Rockwool 4" cube
Temps: 73-78 Fahrenheit
Relative Humidity: 40-45%
Hydro drip system is all DIY using a bus tub as basin and 5Gal Bucket as res. All other parts came from my hydro and various other hardware stores
Air circulation provided by 8" Vortex Fan above, and 4" mini fan at "ground level"
Reservoir changed every two weeks.
Delivery system is cleaned and substrate and medium are flushed when res is changed.
Mylar-covered backboard supplies reflection for the "wall side" of the ward.

Blue Planet Nutrients
Elite 3-part
021412132957.jpg

re: Jandre2k3's Maternity Ward Purple Mr. Nice

how about that mate, these add ons to your main journal keep popping up and you know i gota come along and have a look, that plant looks so healthy, the roots are crazy, that should be some amazing plant, id have some sort of back up if you go away again mate, id hate to see you lose your right nut after just donating the left,

i sure wish i could walk into somewhere and come out with a clone, i cant wait to see how this pans out, im sure its going to give you some very nice meds, subd for this one as well mate

how about that mate, these add ons to your main journal keep popping up and you know i gota come along and have a look, that plant looks so healthy, the roots are crazy, that should be some amazing plant, id have some sort of back up if you go away again mate, id hate to see you lose your right nut after just donating the left,

i sure wish i could walk into somewhere and come out with a clone, i cant wait to see how this pans out, im sure its going to give you some very nice meds, subd for this one as well mate

hhehe Right Nutted, I might be, but I'll keep it. There is only one other clone of this strain right now, and he isn't giving it up. He told someone else that the other one wasn't for sale and that it was his for personal grow. The guy looked at me accusingly, and just asked for some purple mr nice out of a jar from the bud tender... It pays to get to know the growers around here, and when things go to shit, it's good to know there are people out there that can lend a hand. Other than here... you know what I mean...

Whoa...

There is little I can think of as sounding so nice as a mix of GDP... A beautiful, dense, lovely smelling bud... And (Mr.Nice)G13x Hash Plant... Probably one of the best, potent, indica dominates I've ever tried...

You lucky dog! Those are two seed stocks I'd really like to purchase and have in my personal seedbank! ;)

Holy carp is this another journal? With the 47 you got goin I can hardly check out any others. :cheesygrinsmiley:

LOL, I have a journal for each of my Mothers, so I can keep strain information, smoke reports and such, and the current Flowering journal. I could journal the the Hatchery, the Neonatal Unit, Pre-K, and K-8, as well, if you like. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Jandre - was wondering if you could take a look at my journal... my Bigbud is giving me mixed signals/^%$#^ weeping and curling up on the same branch/bud?
Thanks!

hows the plant going jandre, any new pics yet or not much changed, just trying to keep up with the 100's of journals you got, how do you find time to eat shit and sleep,

their is also an sos request on my journal, another grower is in trouble and needs some advice and help on his only plant, so if any of you can spare the time to look the sos request is either on the last page in my journal or the page before that, its a new grower and new journal so only 2 pages to read through, just trying to get a fellow grower some good advice,

hows the plant going jandre, any new pics yet or not much changed, just trying to keep up with the 100's of journals you got, how do you find time to eat shit and sleep,

their is also an sos request on my journal, another grower is in trouble and needs some advice and help on his only plant, so if any of you can spare the time to look the sos request is either on the last page in my journal or the page before that, its a new grower and new journal so only 2 pages to read through, just trying to get a fellow grower some good advice,

LOL, I have a journal for each of my Mothers, so I can keep strain information, smoke reports and such, and the current Flowering journal. I could journal the the Hatchery, the Neonatal Unit, Pre-K, and K-8, as well, if you like. :cheesygrinsmiley:

on my way over

thanks for the sos response, he started off in miracle grow and had problems from day 1, so thinking it may have something to do with it, thanks for looking, i gave you some reps as well

thanks for the sos response, he started off in miracle grow and had problems from day 1, so thinking it may have something to do with it, thanks for looking, i gave you some reps as well

hehe, tyvm. I'm always ready to help, so yeah, just send me a PM next time, and tell me who it is, or ask them to PM me directly. A link to the journal will help me find the first post of the problem. Just click on the number (top right of the post) of the first post detailing the problem, and copy/paste from the address bar.

Jandre

I am a newbie(first post ever). I was directed your way by truthseekr420 as someone I could learn a lot from and I will say that I am glad he pointed me in your direction as I have definately learned alot from your journals. Glad to hear some good fortune has come your way!!

Jandre

I am a newbie(first post ever). I was directed your way by truthseekr420 as someone I could learn a lot from and I will say that I am glad he pointed me in your direction as I have definately learned alot from your journals. Glad to hear some good fortune has come your way!!

Hey! Thanks for stopping by. My journals are a little confusing at first, have you figured out how they all tie together? All of my Maternity Ward, Flower Journals, and the main Cardboard Flower Box are all tied together. Wanna know how or have you got it?

You the man, J. I don't know how I missed all the other journals especially the one about the mothers. But duh, I didn't look at your sig line...Blame it on the mj. Gonna try to be around more often and will be starting another journal myself soon. I know I could use your advice once I get started.

Back
Top Bottom