My Room - Perpetual LED Soil

This is my second start for a journal the first got pulled because I linked to my blog instead of posting into the thread ... you live and learn. So, fresh start.

I am a medical cannabis patient. I was put off by the high prices and low availability and decided to grow my own. It has been more of a challenge than I thought but on the other hand growing has been far more beneficial medically than I thought it would be.

The surprising part for me was the benefit that simply growing can provide. What I mean by that is the physical challenge (for me) and the peace of mind I feel when working with my plants is just incredible. I attribute at least half of the benefit I achieve from cannabis is from the growing.

I am not big on typing so most of my posts will be mostly images but I will give detail when I can of everything I am doing

Here are my current residents of the bud room with more detail in subsequent posts

These are two sgirl/com#1 50/50 plants that I hope will go male They have been grown 12/12 for speed to flower to cross with SGirl for 75/25

(S Girl is a hash bud plant and comm.#1 is a fast growing indica. I only had one seed grow from old seed and I am attempting to square her)

DSC_7783_sgirl5050.jpg

This is a local plant ... I hope it is the skunk I seek

DSC_7782_skunk.jpg

This is S2-2 girl (second generation of clones, I have no mother and am cloning clones)

DSC_7781_S2-2.jpg

Two shots of a lemony local (this one went hermie early on but I decided to keep it for seed)

DSC_7779_lemon.jpg

DSC_7776_lemon.jpg

And last but not least Super Snowdawg (rare to get seed, our lady of cannabis has been very good to me)

DSC_7775_supersnowdawg.jpg

Re: My Room (perpetual LED soil )

In the bud room now I have

Hash Bud plant (indica)
Super Snowdawg (strong on the sativa side)
Lemon Local (? shows sativa but is fast like indica)
Skunky Local (indica)
50/50 hash bud / commercial #1

In the veg room I have

clones

Hash Bud plant (indica)
Super Snowdawg (strong on the sativa side)
Lemon Local (? shows sativa but is fast like indica)
Skunky Local (indica)
Blue Moon (mostly indica)

from seed

Jamaican
Haze

This is an indoor grow using primarily Foxfarm products.

I will take a minute to talk about Foxfarm. I wrote them with inquiries and mentioned I was a medical cannabis patient. They wrote back and said since I was growing cannabis they would not answer any questions. I wrote back with “generic” questions and got no response. Thanks Foxfarm

I found ocean forest too hot for most strains and now use light warrior for starts and happy frog for the grow.

I have 3 180 or so watt LED panels … one that has been discontinued and two that I got from a hostile company that has been banned from 420magazine

The room stays in the high 70's low 80's … no AC yet

RH has been a problem with some bad weather but the AC will clear that up

I have never tested PH

I have had a hungry moth and a few flies … so far

I water every 3-5 days some need more

I use Foxfarm nutes … much lighter that they suggest

lights

Here is a shot of the room as of this afternoon. I wanted to show how the room was set up and I could not resist adding a supersnowdawg shot :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC_7871_lights.jpg

DSC_7863_supersnowdawg.jpg

To cut or not to cut .... afraid of bud rot

I recently had one of my prize girls attacked by bud rot as it has been very humid lately. I am putting in an ac this week, I hope. I have one plant that is almost ready ... it would be ready for some folks now but for what I need I like to let them go as long as possible. I took the top early on of this lemony local strain and it now has twin tops that are looking mighty tasty. It is a hermie but only had a few bananas early on. I kept it because I liked how it was growing and I had other plants I wanted seed from it so it lives and is now almost done.

Here are the twins from the lemony local

DSC_7892_t1.jpg

DSC_7893_t2.jpg

Here is another local I still can't tell if it is the strain I seek but I have cloned her just in case as I only have one plant. If it is what I am looking for I am going to square her like I am doing with S Girl

DSC_7894_sknk.jpg

Here is a top from a super snowdawg (I have two females and have cloned them... no male so if I want to keep it going I will have to square them too! dang!

by the way they look I want to keep them going

DSC_7896_sndwg.jpg

Love the way it looks man!!!! Hope mine turn out as nice:D

Very nice looking plants. I can't believe FF would not talk to you because you're growing cannabis. I am sure they know people use their products to grow cannabis but I guess they have to cover their behinds legally. Great job you're doing!!

Very nice looking plants. I can't believe FF would not talk to you because you're growing cannabis. I am sure they know people use their products to grow cannabis but I guess they have to cover their behinds legally. Great job you're doing!!

Yes!, I was pissed! I almost posted the reply and I still might. I am now "in the groove" and I don't want to start experimenting again or I would chuck them in a heartbeat after that reply. It was not just the reply I sent another one to ask generic questions with no reply ... so then I looked up the nute poll post and reminded this person that a lot of folks might find out how I was treated and pleaded for answers to my generic questions ... no reply ... I guess I am still pissed :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you

oh... a foolish mistake

I am doing a little LST on two plants. So I reach up to the tallest super snowdawg top and pull it down to to see where I want it and ... you guessed it already

snap :oops: duh

but... I get an early taste :cheesygrinsmiley:

too laate to do any of that, now you stressed your plant out

Yeah HST :cheesygrinsmiley: I am already doing LST on one of the four tops (I will have to get a picture) but a while has gone by and I did not realize the branches had become "woody" so ...

The broken top and a few more pics

Here is the super snowdawg top I broke off and a bud frm the middle of the S2-2 girls cola. I cut the bud out of S2-2 Girl to prevent bud rot. I was LST'ing the cola of S2-2 Girl and found the parachute cord was wet from wicking... so I just cut the bud right out and she has a lot more air

DSC_7933_brktops2bud.jpg

This is the new top of that branch ... she never missed a beat!!

DSC_7937_newssdtop.jpg

This is one of the super snowdog tops that has been tied down

DSC_7922_lstssd.jpg

and just for kicks here are the twins :cheesygrinsmiley: ... yeah I could not cut them yet!

DSC_7929_twin.jpg

DSC_7930_twin.jpg

enjoy :peace:

Happy Fathers Day

To all the fathers ... I hope you enjoyed yourself today. My father moved me to do something he would not miss.

Thanks Lloyd

The ball game was great :rip:

Back
Top Bottom