Sour Diesel SOG

Hello fellow 420ers :high-five:
This is my first journal and more or less my second grow. My journal will be mainly about my Sour Diesel SOG. These were clones off a girl that was struggling so I took it out of the tent just before I started the last grow into flowering. She perked up and started looking good so I took 18 cuttings and 12 days later 16 rooted and became the new crop. Then 4 weeks after I transplanted them into 2.5 liter I put them into the big tent for flowering. I did have 10 other plants that were around 3 weeks older but one of the cross members broke in the small tent and one end of the T5 fixture burned all 10 to death. A very sad day. :headbanger: I do have 3 unknowns and a sour diesel mom outside that have been in flower for about a week and 4 new babies that I just trans planted in my small tent. I have 2 Durban Poison, 1 Querkle, and a afgoo. So here goes, the start of a journal. :welcome:

Grow area
I have two tents that I use for growing. The small one is 2ft x 4ft and 5ft tall. I use this one for the beginning vegging and I have a 12 bulb 4ft HO t5 with 6" ducting for venting into a carbon filter. The big tent is a 4'x4'x 78" and this is where the flowering takes place with a 1000 watt HPS. The light is in a cooled fixture. Ducting is 6" with two fans taking the heat out and one fan bringing in the fresh air.
Each tent has a small oscillating fan for movement.

FACTS

Strain- Sour Diesel 90% sativa / 10% indica
Vegged for 4 weeks
In 12/12 for flowering for 1 week
Indoors
Soil- purchased potting mix ingredients, compost, peat moss, earth worm castings and sand. To that I add ¼ by volume perlite, and hand full each of, bat guano, alfalfa meal, bone meal and soft rock phosphate. I try and have this mixed up at least 2 weeks in advance. The starting soil was 3 cubic ft.
This is all put into 2.5 liter pots
For veg= 4ft 12 bulb t5 HO
For flowering= 1000 HPS air cooled
80 degrees with light on 65 to 70 with light off. I have to run an A/C unit to keep the temp down on hot days. Garage gets to dam hot.
Humidity is from 45 to 60
PH of water untreated is 7.6
Media PH ?
Pests= gnats but they seem to be partly under control. Not to many on yellow sticky
Watering every two days.
Fox Farm nutes= grow big, big bloom and tiger bloom,

The start to the sea of green.

006714.jpg

008_renamed_1110.jpg

2012-09-10_18_24_45.jpg

Here's the girls outside

2012-09-10_16_14_51.jpg
2012-09-10_16_17_03.jpg
2012-09-10_16_16_08.jpg

This is the mom I had to put outside because I didn't have the room

2012-09-10_16_19_15.jpg

:welcome:

Thanks for stopping by JJ Bones. For watering I have a small fountain pump and about 8' of 3/8" clear tubing. I'm pretty high tech for a wade I taped the hose to a stick. I use a five gallon bucket for the pump to sit. My well water is high in iron and hydrogen sulfide So I have a 32 gallon heavy duty plastic garbage can that I fill to gas off a little. It's nice to have that amount of water in the garage for watering. The bucket is where I mix the nutes also.

Good morning everyone

Here's a little more on the grow. For the vegging cycle I use the for lighting, which to me works great. For those that don't know what this is, it's going through the vegging cycle using 12 hours on and 5.5 hours off, 1 on, 5.5 off. The one hour on at night tricks the plant not to go into flowering. My first grow, which I just harvested, I used it and had real good results in the veg stage. After the veg stage on the first grow I started using the Diminishing Lighting Schedule for flowering. I plan on using this again for this grow. This way for lighting saves a fair amount of $$ on the electrical bill. Here's a link to twevle12's great lighting routine. The Gas Lantern Routine for Growing Cannabis

I had eight girls in my first grow and I ended up with 17 oz of bud and around 200 grams of shake. :cheer: I was very happy with the results even if it probably could have been better. Being the first one I had a few nute problems that didn't get remedied fast enough plus other small things that I hope I will have under control this time. Here's a couple of pictures of the harvest.

Headband 707
2012-09-06_14-12-48_785.jpg

Sour Diesel
2012-09-03_11-39-28_243.jpg
2012-09-02_17-39-45_203.jpg

beemerbill;
I`m with you on this one. First harvest looked great, congrats. Get the diesel train a going & a growin`

Peace & Great Growin`
YR

Welcome YR With the help of everyone here at :420: I hope this one will produce a bumper crop.

Hey beemerbill I'm along for the ride. Nice first crop and the new girls look healthy n happy.:peace:

Welcome neighbor. Thanks for stopping in and yes the girls are nice and healthy as we speak. Tomorrow is another day. :laughtwo:

Nice setup Bill. :hippy:

Those nugs from your last grow look shaggy, but great nonetheless.

Hard to be disappointed with a 17oz haul huh? Nice work!

Nice setup Bill. :hippy:

Those nugs from your last grow look shaggy, but great nonetheless.

Hard to be disappointed with a 17oz haul huh? Nice work!

Welcome Dr D Yup the sour diesel buds were a little shaggy and I didn't trim them completely but there were a lot of them and I have no complaints about the potency. The burmese kush and Afghani Bullrider had nice and hard buds. I am very happy with the results of my first grow.

Very nice to hear! I love me some Burmese Kush; I've always wanted to grow it. A local dispensary carries the BUKU quite often and I always find myself going back to it.

If you manage to get from seed to smoke on the first grow and soak up all the know-how you can, it's a success in my book. To get 17oz's, thats something special. I hope you enjoy it to the last joint.

I'm in but the second to last pic are those girls trimmed because it doesn't look like it.

Welcome Sky Rocket. Dam I replied to this last night but here is the next day and the reply isn't there. hhhmmmm Anyway yup the buds are a little shaggy. The sour diesel is all for meds and will get ground up so I didn't do a very good job.

If you manage to get from seed to smoke on the first grow and soak up all the know-how you can, it's a success in my book. To get 17oz's, thats something special. I hope you enjoy it to the last joint.

Thanks DR D and yes it is enjoyable

Greetings
I have a feeling I'm going to have to build a cover for the girls outside. I was 46 this morning so it might help to keep some of the heat in and if it really rains hard it won't tear the sheet out of them. They have a nice start to flowering so i don't want them hurt.
2012-09-04_19-24-51_772.jpg
2012-09-10_16_19_07.jpg
2012-09-12_17-21-54_560.jpg
2012-09-12_17-23-21_410.jpg

JJ Bones asked how I watered and I stated how I did it but I forgot the best part of the system. I found at one of the Big Box Stores, Home Depot, a switching control that makes the system work great. It has a receiver that plugs into an electrical outlet and a remote switch to control it. I plugged the pump into the receiver so I can turn it off and on from anywhere in the garage. It makes this system work really good. Just thought I would mention it.

hip, hip, hooray.....hip, hip, hooray. i`m dropping by for a quick look see and to give you a shout out. keep up the great growin`!!!!

Peace & Great Growin`
YR

hip, hip, hooray.....hip, hip, hooray. i`m dropping by for a quick look see and to give you a shout out. keep up the great growin`!!!!

Peace & Great Growin`
YR

:laughtwo: Thank you YR. The SOG is starting to show a few pistils of flowering. :cheer::yahoo: So now the show starts.

DAM DAM and double DAM one of the babies is gone. The Afgoo didn't look very healthy when i got it and wasn't able to save it. :bigblush: The other babies are doing really good so that's a plus at least. I hate loosing a plant. Went out to the ocean beach's for a night. It was nice to get away for a few hours. Sunsets like this let you cope with all kinds of things.
2012-09-15_19-24-28_758.jpg

Sorry to hear about the Afgoo... Sometimes these things are simply out of our hands.

Be thankful your near the ocean... Its been two years since I've been to the coast. Way too long! I'm with you 100% about catching a great sunset. Such a great way to take some time to reflect and get your thoughts straightened out. Thank you for posting that.

Back
Top Bottom