Icemud's Grow 4.0 - High Brix Focus with Gas Lamp Routine - V-Scrog

Well Everyone, Its been a minute since I have had my last grow going and I am anxious to get started with another exciting grow.

I am again shooting for high brix plants and even though I am skipping the most important step for High Brix growing, the soil test... I had pretty high Brix values on my last grow, so taking from what I did last time, updates and info from DocBuds grows, I have mixed the ideas together and will attempt a high brix success... last grow my OG's were hitting up in the 20-22 brix range which is so far the highest I have seen posted online for cannabis, so hopefully I can at least get that if not break that record... :)

On saturday I spent almost all day cleaning out my grow area... since I had very bad PM issues and thrips last grow, with my gift of the SNS series of natural ingredients, I hopefully wont have any problems. But just to be sure I cleaned my fans walls, lights, intakes and carbon scrubbers with bleach/water solution and let them dry.

IMG_20121006_102713.jpg
IMG_20121006_102701.jpg
IMG_20121006_102742.jpg
IMG_20121006_102732.jpg
IMG_20121006_103908.jpg
IMG_20121006_105603.jpg

I still haven't decided on what strains I want to run this go and I am still trying to find some good blue dream cuts, but have some good OG choices to choose from if I can't find blue dream in the next week :)

So before my clones I wanted to have my soil cooking for at least a week, longer is better but under my circumstances a week will be probably what they get :) I can't wait to get started. I mixed up my soil on saturday as well and made a short youtube video which I will post once its done uploading of my soil mixture...

Here is what I decided. ... since high brix involves building up a "dead soil", not really dead, but pretty much nutrientless, I used my main base soil as the Promix HP. I mixed 4:1 ratio with Happy Frog which does have some additives, but in such a light ratio I didn't think it would through off the balance too much.

Here is what I mixed...my total goal was 7x 3 gallon plastics to start in, I will be transplanting them to 7 gallon smartpots before flowering but wanted to reference what I am using for measurement purposes, since I used the 3 gallon pot..

4 pots of promix HP
1 Pot of Happy Frog
1 Pot of Perlite
1 Pot of Worm Casings (with added volcanic rock and sea kelp)
1 Pot of Alaskan Forest Humus

Then for the mineralization additives...
2.5 cups of Calcium Carbonate
2 cups of Soft Rock Phosphate
1.5 cups of garden gypsum

1 cup of lava sand
1.5 cups of greensand
1 cup of humic acid powder
1.5 cups of azomite
1 cup of mycos maximum
1/2 cup of dry molasses
1 cup of high P guano
1 cup of high N guano

I know that this is not quite the "recipe" for truely high brix since I am mixing blind without a soil test, but I went off what I did last time that seemed to work fairly well so I am hoping that it proves this same this time with a few new components.

Here are some of the ingredients that I used in my soil and will be using in the grow.

IMG_20121002_202131.jpg
IMG_20121002_202118.jpg
IMG_20121002_201700.jpg
IMG_20121002_201651.jpg
IMG_20121002_201628.jpg
IMG_20121002_201558.jpg
IMG_20121002_201527.jpg
IMG_20121002_201513.jpg
IMG_20121002_201445.jpg
IMG_20121002_201417.jpg

DSC04384.JPG
DSC043611.JPG
DSC042451.JPG
DSC042471.JPG
DSC04252.JPG
DSC042481.JPG
DSC04241.JPG
DSC04240.JPG
DSC04237.JPG
DSC04239.JPG
DSC04236.JPG
DSC04233.JPG

I am still working out my watering and foliar feeding regiments and schedule but it will be based off what I did in the past and worked as far as raising brix values, and also what doc is experimenting with. I will keep the updates coming when I figure them all out...

Re: Icemud's Grow 4.0..High Brix focus with Gas Lamp Routine..V-Scrog

Here is the video I made quickly about how I mixed my soil... sorry for the low lighting and for the video being just thrown together, but didn't have much time and was a little tired :) enjoy...more will follow as I get started :)

:popcorn::nomo: I'm subbed! I got a journal up as well. I don't have high brix in the title, but I do have the 6-5-3 rock powders in cooked soil. I have no way of testing and I don't want to give it a bad name until I get Doc's kit. LOL! Good luck with your blue dream search! :peace:

Subbed cant wait to see you give this highbrix another try. :passitleft:

Positive Vibes
Strickly420 :ganjamon:

Glad to have you along for the ride :) all the vibes will be well needed this grow... hoping for an awesome batch this time :)

:popcorn::nomo: I'm subbed! I got a journal up as well. I don't have high brix in the title, but I do have the 6-5-3 rock powders in cooked soil. I have no way of testing and I don't want to give it a bad name until I get Doc's kit. LOL! Good luck with your blue dream search! :peace:

I'll have to swing through and see how your journals going :) I started of my last grow with the 653 rock powders and just from that I saw big changes :) I was truely impressed. I also felt the same with my title, since its not "true" high brix but more of a "focus" on high brix techniques, I felt the title was fitting :) Man I love blue dream, I found someone with some extra clones locally but still haven't been able to get a hold of them... may have to go with an og batch :)

howsit bro!

looking forward to seeing how you go with the GLR light cycle as im looking to implement it with my next hydroponic grow :cheesygrinsmiley: cant wait to see how it speeds up your flowering times! all the best and along for the ride :]] :thumb: :Namaste:

howsit bro!

looking forward to seeing how you go with the GLR light cycle as im looking to implement it with my next hydroponic grow :cheesygrinsmiley: cant wait to see how it speeds up your flowering times! all the best and along for the ride :]] :thumb: :Namaste:

The GLR is the only way I will veg from here on out... I look at the 18 cycle like a waste of money now that the GLR has shown me such love :) and the budding on my last grow seemed to immediately form, right after I flipped the lights :) definitely would recommend it to anyone who wants to save some $$ and also have very happy plants :)

Lookin good Ice.

Do you have a total on the price of the soil and all of the ingredients?

Whats good hash hound! glad to see ya here :) well i will try my best to remember the prices...

pro mix HP- was about 35$ for a bale
happy frog- was the larger bag and ran around 15$
2 packs of yellow, 1 pack of blue sticky cards-15$ total
worm casings- around 9$
perlite (had already)
alaskan forest humus- i think it was around 13$
picked up a little bottle of neem oil- 7$
picked up more cold pressed seaweed - 8$
I also picked up some fulvic acid, F1 by AN- fulvic is key to transport in plant leaves :) 30$

These things I ordered off of Azon..
prices include shipping..
gaja green glacial rock powder
9$
azamite
13.50$
2lb humic acid powder
20$
5lb dry molasses
17$
5lb 97% calcium carbonate
19$
2 3lb boxes of soft rock phosphate
29$

The SNS was compliments of SNS and 420 Magazine for winning the Motm and NoTM contests...I am soo happy about this!!! thanks to everyone who voted...no more pest worries :)

Also the TNB CO2 was awarded with those contests and again the people at TNB and 420 Magazine I thank so very much for the prizes..!!

The rest of the stuff I will be using is left over from before but thats pretty much what I had to buy for this grow, also the clones will run me around 60$ so I will add that into the total :)

The total I spent is right about at 300$, the cost of electricity should run about 400$ or so for the cycle..+/- 100$

So total cost of this grow is at about 700$, and I will have plenty of supplies left over so I shouldn't have to buy anything for my next one..

Alright... so I think I may have found blue dream!!! I contacted a guy that had some extras and he has a few he can let go to me. I hope this happens but if not here are my choices of what I can pick from...

Jupiter OG
OGeisel
King Louie OG
OG101
University Hills OG - I ran this on my very 1st grow and it was amazing...I am really considering this one again :)
master kush
chocolope
sour D
pre 98 bubba..

out of these choices I think that I would go with the OGiesel, King Louie OG, and the University Hills OG.

The Godfather of High Brix Cannabis has arrived!!! :Namaste:

found it im in sub a dub, looking very promising!!

Whats up BID!!! glad to have ya here buddie!! I can't wait to get this thing started :)

Hey Curso! man I checked out your journal and wow...impressed!!! come on in and join the party

Whats up OG13! happy you could make it...

we have a full blown party up in here now!!! everyone shoes off, grab a smoking device and lets cloud the room!!

Hey everyone!!! I am so lucky to have such a great group of growers along for this grow and I have really high hopes(lol) for this one to be my best yet..

Alright... so I think I may have found blue dream!!! I contacted a guy that had some extras and he has a few he can let go to me. I hope this happens but if not here are my choices of what I can pick from...

Jupiter OG
OGeisel
King Louie OG
OG101
University Hills OG - I ran this on my very 1st grow and it was amazing...I am really considering this one again :)
master kush
chocolope
sour D
pre 98 bubba..

out of these choices I think that I would go with the OGiesel, King Louie OG, and the University Hills OG.

Any of these sound interesting.
University Hills OG - I ran this on my very 1st grow and it was amazing...I am really considering this one again
master kush
chocolope
sour D
pre 98 bubba..

I'm in! :ganjamon:

:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom