BID 4.0 - Hydro - Autos - JDL - DWC Bubble Buckets - Shootout

2part vs 3part Blue Planet Nutrients Shootout!!!!
Himalayan blue dieselautoflowers rdwcbubble buckets!has bid gone crazy? what about his passion for organics?why? what?where? when?how? read on my friends:thumb:

ok you guys & lovely ladies im finally gonna do it no idle threats anymore! im gonna do 2 buckets full of autos
i have debated on what nutes to use and really wanted to do organics but i think i would be asking for trouble so its going to be a shootout/comparison bpn 2 part w/liquid blue bloom booster versus bpn 3 part elite w/liquid blue i will also be using early bloomer in each as well as seaweed ,superthrive, unless i get some vita blue,
why am i doing this? why not? i have the equipment and almost all the bpn products why let them sit there and go to waste? the weather is right for blue plants and keeping the res temps in the proper range
and hell i just want to!!
What strain is it? Himalaya blue diesel autoflower (seeds are from breeding the original 2 this is the 3rd time growing from this batch of seeds) and mi-caramel (a cross i made with cream caramel auto and mi5)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? hybrid , heres the breeders description

Himalaya Blue Diesel
Our auto Himalaya Blue Diesel is a hybrid of the ever popular blueberry and an automatic kush strain from Nepal which has been spiced up with the addition of New York City Diesel. This mix of 2 classy auto strains provides a very strong indica biased hybrid with a spicy fruity flavour. Decent yields and a knockout stone makes this strain a must for any keen collector.
Type: Autoflowering indica/sativa hybrid
Height: 11-16 inches
Harvest: 8-10 weeks from seed
Yield: 18-30g per plant
Indoors/Outdoors
Effect: couchlock stone
Potency: 9/10
and here are the descriptions for the parents of mi-caramel
mom
Cream Caramel Automatic
New version of our Cream Caramel autoflowering. Result of crossing our best autoflowering strains with Cream Caramel. Top quality automatic, with dense buds and copious resin production, intense sweet earthy aroma, fast flowering, strong effect and great hybrid vigour. The revolution of autoflowering has come at the end of the flowering plants reach the same resinous and desirable than their sisters autoflowering.
THC: 18%, CBD: 1.6%, CBN: 0.4%
Yield indoor: 350-500gr/m2
Yield Outdoor: 35-100gr/plant
Flowering indoor: 5 weeks
Harvest Interior / Exterior: 8 weeks from germination
Height: 40-90cm
and pappy
MI5
A new creation from the autoflowering seed breeder 'STITCH' who says "Mi5 stands for My Indoor number 5 which is the highest selection of an AK47 cross borne after hard and long selection of breeding. The 5th cross was selected and is the final result of this hard work. Number 5 is very resinous plant, quite tall for an AK 47 plant cross, for 50 to 110 cm tall. This plant has a very purple afghani bred into it so outside will go a lovely rich shade of purple.
Type: Autoflowering indica/sativa hybrid
Height: 20-44 inches (50 to 110 cm tall)
Harvest: 9-10 weeks from seed
Yield: 25 - 50g per plant
Indoors/Outdoors
Effect: high stone with giggles
Potency: 9/10
Breeder: STITCH
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?seedlings (TWINS!! one seed(hbd) has produced a set of twins)
If in Veg... For how long? seedling duh?
If in Flower stage... For how long? ?????
Indoor or outdoor?indoor 4x2.5x7 foot oracle garden supply tent
Soil or Hydro? both, mi-caramels in coco/soil hbd are hydro 5 gal rdwc bubble buckets
If soil... what is in your mix? my soil blend 40% coco 60%
If soil... What size pot? 2-3 gallon smartpots
Size of light? 600watt jdl ballast hps and or mh 324 watt t5 2x4 6bulb,42 watt 10.0 uvb cfl
Is it aircooled? yes oracle mass air6 hood
Temp of Room/cab? 60-85 f
RH of Room/cab?20-45%
PH of media or res? 5.8 for hydro not testing soil/coco
Any Pests ?just me!
How often are you watering? when they need it
Type and strength of ferts used? bpn feed schedule for hydro and pretty close to the organic schedule for the others

i have not decided yet but i may be adding the second jdl ballast running the mh bulb for a massive amount of light that would be 2 600s the t5 and the uvb with everything running at full crank it would be 1692 watts of assorted light!! i suppose i could try to add the 400 after the scrog is done lol over 2k?! lol nah 1692 may be to much for that tent we shall see all in all im pretty excited for this new adventure
picture time

bpn 2 part

DSCN13614.JPG
versus
bpn 3 part elite
DSCN13675.JPG
the feed shedules will be followed
DSCN13697.JPG

heres some bucket building shots i repurposed my aeroclone pump and aerreator and built a 4 way flow manifold
the other is just a small pump and a t at the end of 1/4 inch line and a regular fishtank airstone
im gonna get bigger pump in a week or so and make another manifold or a drip ring

DSCN13366.JPG
DSCN13463.JPG
DSCN13474.JPG
DSCN13394.JPG
DSCN13484.JPG
DSCN13435.JPG
the twins!!!!!!!!!!!
DSCN13494.JPG
DSCN13503.JPG
DSCN13514.JPG
DSCN13527.JPG
DSCN13536.JPG
DSCN13545.JPG
DSCN13704.JPG
DSCN13561.JPG
DSCN13556.JPG

whelp there you have it the mi-caramels have yet to show themselves ive been to busy to go digging and see whats up, so if they dont pop i may just skip it this round as i have plenty of clones needing space soon
so atm it is 3 per bucket (4 in the case of the twins) all Himalaya blue diesel regular autos there's likely to be males that i will pull i have plenty of seeds and pollen stored:high-five::peace:
this is me gettin my hydro on!!!!!

I am here!!!! Looks great BID. This should be a great one. :thumb:

WTG Bruvva!
ill be following this one!
i may not talk much, but ill be right here (overloaded with journals, but your a grower with an out of the box mind...cant be missed =D )

Edit: just one thing...you havnt mentioned your planned light schedule, just the wattages ;)
thanks main i kno joo a busy man! well since the plants are in a halfway house of a tent and i have late into flower girls in there they will be on 12/12 i have done it before with autos no problem not like they would get more than that in nature, and the most any of my plants get is glr, 13 total except rooting cclones that get 24 till roots are in then glr i run 3 areas so i have to keep costs down:high-five:

I am here!!!! Looks great BID. This should be a great one. :thumb:
im hoping so thanks bud!:welcome:
Grabbing a seat:hookah:
lots of room buddy ! always room for 1 more!!:high-five:

i cant wait till i have plants coming out of my ears, gonna test lighting to destruction. im even gonna grow 1 auto on 6 hours of light just to see what happens.

a lot of people like to do gramm per watt calculation, but i think a much more efficient calculation would be gram per kwh and thats what ill be looking at, bot most efficent and peak.

12/12 is solid.
you gonna be doing any DLR on those regs?
im wondering if DLR can cause early flowering in an auto. would come in handy when trying to flower 2 meter monsters in a little grow area.

i cant wait till i have plants coming out of my ears, gonna test lighting to destruction. im even gonna grow 1 auto on 6 hours of light just to see what happens.

a lot of people like to do gramm per watt calculation, but i think a much more efficient calculation would be gram per kwh and thats what ill be looking at, bot most efficent and peak.

12/12 is solid.
you gonna be doing any DLR on those regs?
im wondering if DLR can cause early flowering in an auto. would come in handy when trying to flower 2 meter monsters in a little grow area.

i dont bother with gpw calculations because i dont care, i did calculate it once on my last chemdog and wwxbb plants and as close as i could figure i got 1.3 gpw not counting the other plants that ran that cycle with them , i had several that ran for seeds, but since im always adding and subtracting plants (perpetual) it would be difficult to figure on a "whole grow" basis, i was thinking i would run the numbers on the scrog since that is a more traditional start,grow,finish run im thinking those #'s will be impressive since its only a 400 watt hps and theres alot of big dense bud in that screen, to truly blow the doors off the 1gpw thing a stadium vert bulb scrog /hydro has been known to break 2 gpw mark i dont recall the exact forum where i saw those results but it was not here in the hallowed halls of 420mag, but perhaps a search for 2gpw on goggles would render results
im trying dlr on the scrog but not in the big tent again same reason (perpetual)
i think autos are yet to reveal many surprises ,i had a faulty timer earlier this year that was flipping the lights of far to soon the timer would complete its "24 hours" in about 12-14 real hours so a batch of my autos were only getting 6-7 hours light for nearly a month before i caught it they grew and yielded as good as any, i have read the do great sitting on a southwest facing windowsill and can live on ordinary potting soil with no added nutes much longer than regular plants, really a "set it and forget it" kind of plant, that seem to thrive on neglect:thumb:

:popcorn:

Hi BID - Cool hydro buckets - I like the drip/dwc combo a lot. Drip/DWC can work really well if you can manage nutrient temps effectively. Nice DIY! :thumb:

:popcorn:

Hi BID - Cool hydro buckets - I like the drip/dwc combo a lot. Drip/DWC can work really well if you can manage nutrient temps effectively. Nice DIY! :thumb:
thanks X i knew i could just do bubbles but since i have a couple sub pumps i figured why not do both and really get that o2 flowing! i wanted simple so thats why buckets, and i like the idea that the roots are in constant contact with the nute salut that way the can cherry pick whatever nutrients they want when they want it, im excited to try something new, and i have a bunch of clones ready to go in coco/soil with them, i realized all my flowering girls are ready to harvest here in the next week some are a week to 3 weeks past breeder recommendations i am just waiting for seeds in a few pollinated branches, otherwise i would have started harvesting today, i noticed there was quite a bit of amber showing up lately, i am pretty sure these plants will be quite couchlocky than im used to i usually cut at a few days past the breeders rec, not a few weeks lol who knows maybe i'll get hozona to build me one of his aero units and do a run with that in my scrog tent
temps should be good its cold here and we keep the house very cold by most ppls standards i wont build a fire till it gets down to 50f

Love it! I'm in for this grow. More of us going hydro? This journal will probably be the straw that broke the TH-back... Hydro does look like fun to try:)

lol it is exciting. ive just prepped 16 pots for my hydroganicithingimibob, well the bottom half at least.
this time ive gone for kitchen towel as my transition layer instead of perlite and reduced the size of the ballast layer at the bottom, leaving almost twice the space for organic soil, so less food should be needed later, if any at all.

oh and i finally after 3 complete grows, got myself an air pump :rofl:

the way im designing my grow is based on a future attempt to build a platform on top of a stream/river and covering that with organic soil attempting to simulate an underground river, this sort of outdoor growing should prove interesting indeed, well when i say outdoor, there is nothing stopping me building a greenhouse or even a opaque sealed building around it...if the river is strong enough it could even provide hydroelectric =D....

edit: sorry i went off on a tangent, i meant to say that its important to note that bathroom paper turns to a pulp where as kitchen paper does not (not of the ones im testing)

Back
Top Bottom