PK 13/14
Formulex
Plant Magic Root stim. (had lots over)
Plant Magic evolution (foliar spray)
CalMag+
Mycorrhiza granules for re-potting
Some Worm casings and Bat guano

LIGHTS

2x 24w Sun Blaster T5 Veg CFL (seedlings)
1x400w Mh (Veg/flower?)
1x600w Hps Flower
1x300w dual spectrum CFL (emergency extra light)
magnetic dual ballast 400/600
adjust a wing reflector
Environment

1.2m x 1.2m x2m tent.
6" Rhino filter
In line 6" 2 speed fan

28th Nov
Into shot glasses of mineral water for 24 hrs then into mineral water pre soaked jiffy pellets and under the small cfls. Spray 3 times a day w/water

Really stoked to get going at last. I guess it's the same for everyone??
Hope I've not missed any important info out. Please just ask if there's anything missing during the journal.
Decided about 6 months ago to set up after a year of painkillers getting me thru working life as a builder with a shot back and knees.

4th Dec

JIffy Pellets into coco on 10mm of clay pebbles
Under 400w MH. About 2-3ft away at 1st
Feeding starts.
10ml Formulex in 5l
2.5ml rootstim
5.8ph
0.6ec

I'll be watering by weight. Once the pots are half weight. feed untill 30% ish runoff.

9th Dec

Measured runoff today.

6.2ph 1.5ec!!!!!!
Not sure how the ec is so high?? Gone max 0.7 feed. Did foliar feed with the evolution but i can't see enough running off into the soil to up the ec so dramaticaly.

Still, 1st roots showing under the pots. The Pineapple is a little trooper ;) I think she'll need some xtra bat guano when re-potting. I'm betting she'll be a nitrogen hogg.

14th Dec

Thought I'd add some pics of these baby's.
criticaljack.JPG
pineapple_express16.JPG
critical_j.JPG

Upped the feed a bit over the last week. Running around like a fool, realised I'd failed to add any calmag so far??
Hopefully won't hurt em. I'll add 0.5ml/L to todays feed. I'll be re-potting in afew days.
2nd pic is the pineapple. other 2 are Critical J's.
The little thumbnail is a bud i cloned n revegged as an experiment. SourDiesel

Re: :) Pineapple express, critical Jack 1st coco grow

Time to re-pot. 16th Dec

one for 11 ltr wilmas, thinking I may upgrade to a wilma system next grow? Is anyone using wilma?

DSCN20282.JPG

DSCN20272.JPG

DSCN20293.JPG
DSCN20301.JPG
DSCN20333.JPG

Decided to hang the 300w cfl behind the base of the 400w mh where the crirical jack's are. Thought is, the pineapple express has a rep for bieng a stretcher. Do you think the dual spectum cfl will help the CJ's keep up?

19th DEC

O.K. Seeing some rusty spots on the leaves of the 2 whites? I guess they must be calcium junkies?

Has anyone got any recepie's for foliar feeding calcium?

I'll get some pics on later.

Well, I decided to rinse the plants with light mix of cal/mag+, rootstim and CannaA+B to 0.6ec. we'll see what they do?

Well, job done. The rinse worked a treat. Both the Widdow and the Rhino have picked up and are showing healthy new growth. I think I'll rinse every 5th or 6th watering from now on.

Root growth has exploded...... Bursting from the bottom of the 11 ltr pots, I'll have to up the final flowering pots to 18ltr at least. They must be loving the Plant Magic rootstim?

Also time to bring out the bondage... The Pineapple Express and the taller CJ need tying down already. trying to keep as even a canopy as possible without topping. I found a journal from another member with a v-scrog that looks amazing but after some thought, I wanted to keep it simple 1st time in.

Happy New Year Y'all...

Thought I'd post an update. Hoping for some advice pls?

DSCN2055.JPG

All good really, perhaps a little slow as I'd hoped to start moving to 12/12 at around 2ft high and they stand at around 18 inches. Originally I was going to re-pot into 18ltr pots just before I reduced the lights on by 45mins per day. Time constraints have taken their toll tho so I've had to start the switch today, and I'm concerned that by re-potting I'll just be reducing the number of feeds I can give them.. Also with 18ltr pots the tent will suddenly look a lot smaller

Also, by the look of the plants they are having trouble getting enough Nitrogen?? Altho the Critical J and Pineapple express I've read can be quite pale green due to genetics. Has anyone else had this experience using Canna nutes and soft water?? Any ideas gladly recieved.

I thought I'd give the coco a sprinkle(1tsp?) of worm casings Altho I have heard adding too much to coco makes it less able to drain well and can prevent enough oxygen getting to the roots. Good/bad idea anyone??

What looks like a calcium def I think I might have confused with a lack of boron? Foliar sprayed with a mix of 1tsp eyewash in 4 ltrs water yesterday.

33days2.JPG

There is a lovely sweet smell already tho ;)

Another question to you experienced green thumbers, Pruning???? Where what when???? I'm gonna snip some cuttings tomorrow from the lowest branches. My gut tells me if more pruning is needed, I should wait a couple of days for the palnts to recover? Over cautious??

Well, Thanks for stopping by.

Sorry,

Feeding every 2 days alternate e.c 1.1 then 0.8

creeping up by 0.2 ec per week

cal/mag 0.5ml/l

cannazyme recomended dose 1x per week

Stopped the plant magic root stim and evolution foliar as the roots are ridonkulous as is... might give one more evo spray as the lights reduce?

Temps are max 89f lights on 77 lights off

Humidity is still quite high. 60% ish

NO bugs.. YAY! Yet..

thought id jump in over here

Looking really nice Acorn, I wouldnt change your pots it will help with the size of the tent, also you have to remember they will stretch alot when you flip them so i would consider it soon if you dont want them getting to big and overcrowding your tent, as they look like they will hit 5-6ft at the minute.

Looking really good though ill be subbed.

just my 2 cents :Namaste:

Thanks popcorn,

Your timing is Impeccable. I was just about to mix up a feed. Stopped only by the need to gather a little more info. I'll be giving a quarter strength feed tomorrow.

As far as the switch, the timer set back 45 tonight. I was a little worried they wouldn't fill the space. Better avoid the potential difficulties tho.

Thanks again chief.

No Problem Acorn always better to under feed then over feed anyway as is easy to just add a bit more, but gets time consuming when you have to flush out and start again.

:Namaste:

Whatsup Mr Popcorn..

Had a couple issues the last days.. But life is good, and thus, the plants will be too. Positive mental attitude ;)

Got a Mag deficiency but it should be quickly under control. Picked up some Canna Mono magnesium. Foliar fed 1ml p/l. Will add another 1.5 ml p/l to the feed tonight.
DSCN20633.JPG

Took some cuttings from the better Critical Jack and Pineapple express. Then clumsily knocked the top off the CJ :lot-o-toke: I've splinted it with a bit of damp muslin tied around. Fingers crossed but no biggie I guess.

After thinking about what you wrote, I'll be getting a cutting or 2 from a buddy, from an beautiful Dairy Queen mother which seems to have a really close height and flower to the Cj and Pe. Got a free bottle of CX Hydroponics Clone Start from my local grow shop. Always love another experiment. I'll try half with the regular formulex mix I use and the other half with the clone start. Whats your thoughts on the best tents btw???
Looking to get one next week, 1.2msq for the best babies to go straight into.

2 days into 12/12 tho and my lips are smakin looking at that Ultimate you spread so beautifully:bravo:

Looks like they got over the Ph probs nice n quickly. Question tho, I remember reading that you plan on using ripen and then flush. Do you bother with Florakleen?? My guy really recomends it?

Thanks for taking the time to stop by chief.

Hey Acorn Plants are looking very nice and if that is the unhealthy one then i think you should get a nice harvest.

I use a 1.2mx1.2mx1.8m tent at the minute, i personally would always say buy a BUDBOX if its possible they are by far the best but cost alot prob around $300 just for the tent alone, i would try to avoid ones with metal poles as i have found that after a while they will typically start to rust, but then cant do much about that when where changing the air and moisture conditions every other week.

I have never used FloraKleen i just flush with water, but i have heard good things aswell and so next grow i think i will use the entire 10 part General Hydroponics range and see what the differences are and if the extra cost is worth the extra money. i wanna go to Blue pLANET Nutrients but need to try get them over to me first.

I definately agree with you that if you think the other clones you will get will be better to put into the tent as the strain stats are fairly similar then i would definitley do that if its a possibility.

thanks i appreciate it acorn, yeah im looking forward to harvesting the ultimate and getting some more of them started with some Cinderella99, and sour diesel maybe.

Stay Green :thumb:

Great grow Acorn! I am on my first grow at the moment and am only a few weeks in and you have given me some good ideas. I'll be following you the rest of the way. I think you'll have a few pin up gals here. Keep up the great work. :thumb:

Thanks Greentrees, really stoked you like it.

Good to see you started a journal, honestly, the guys here are amazing when it comes to sharing their combined experience. I'll pop by in a mo.

hey Acorn just wanted to know whats your views on coco so far, as my next grow will up in size 4 fold lol, i am thinking about maybe doing coco but i dont know if it would be a bit finicky if i was hand watering 23 pots all with coco, and i am very used to soil but just thinking of price wise really as coco is so much cheaper, and alot easier to store as comes in little blocks.

do you 2 know how to put signatures on your posts yet, you know like the links i have at the bottom here.

Back
Top Bottom