New Grow - First Time Using Premium Strains

ineedweed4

Hey, I posted not that recently ago under frequently asked questions, a plant that I was growing using bagseed Can't tell male or female?, it's still growing budwise a bit, but growing very slowly, i'm aching to harvest, but the genetics just aren't all completely there with it, that's my belief, as I've grown once before using daylight 5600k, and 2700k CFL bulbs, I start with the 5600k then end (now) with 2700. I'm extremely impatient to harvest my buds as their growing in but im holding out this time to let her finish the best she can, I would like to do it properly, and at least get a reasonable yield.
But anyway, not so long ago I made an online purchase, to get some premium strains, as im sick of working with bagseed, and want to strive towards something more worth yielding. I made a simple purchase, and now will be working at growing a few higher end strains, it should be very exciting.
The strains I will be growing will be, the Seedmakers AUTOMAX, Royal Cheese, Jedi Kush, and Karala X Skunk #1.

The Automax and Royal Cheese are feminised, the Jedi Kush and Karala X Skunk I will be taking a chance with.

I have already germed the Automax, and when they said it's one of the fastest growing auto strains, they mustn't have been kidding, it literally looked like the root just "Shot" out of the seed, normally when I've germed seeds before from bagseed and whatnot they were kinda stringy, and looped around, I noticed with this one the root literally came straight out, and you could almost pick the whole seed up just by the root already, and the end was perfectly pointed, so I have just started it in a beginner cup of some soil, faced it Point down into the soil, it's been a few days, and it's starting to poke outa the soil, I have that growing upstairs in my attic grow site with the 5600k bulb in place of the attic light :), and the older bagseed is finishing budding in my little closet grow with dual 2700s. I purchased the automax because I also plan on cloning the hell out of it when it gets going, and then throwing a couple up on the roof, to use a little of mother nature in the mix, and harness some of those super powerful rays, ultimately, goaling to have bud coming in from all directions, as though, to potentially never run out.
And then my special treats will be the jedi kush, cheese, and we'll see how the karala turns out; karala and royal cheese were my free seeds, but I mainly wanted the feminised royal cheese thats why I ordered at that site, and I have 2 of the karala skunk as well, other than that jedi for potency, I figured, and Automax for production. pretty good thinking eh? So far so good.

im not sure about the others yet, whether or not im going to plant and grow them all together side by side, or one or little at a time, still deciding,

Thanks for interest

Thanks man, that helps a lot. Automax seedling is sprouted with first set of tiny leaves, man this thing grows fast; can't wait til she's ready to repot into a main pot.

hey there I started reading you in the FAQ on your bagseed, power to ya on pushing her further along as I seem to cut early in need of weed lol and recently got this loupe
029142.JPG

027161.JPG

off amazon, It was less than $3 and this was my first purchase and shipping was free I finally will be able to see the resin glands for when to pick , This is something to get to tell on harvest time and to find what else may be living on them. Dont go on the hairs turning amber orange, its the crystals.
Read up on autos more on that cloning idea on autos cuz I dont think its so easy as they only grow so long and dont reveg I believe but I never grew autos or much weed either
:goodluck::peace::cheer:

Hey thanks, yeah I noticed about the crystals being the best indicator, I actually harvested her already, she was accidentally exposed to light during one of the dark periods and started smelling like she was going back into veg, scared the shit out of me so I just put her into darkness for a few days and then cut, minus the snippings I took before, it was around a qaurter i believe, what I really should have done is topped her a number of times, that would have made a difference, but right now im in the curing process, it's amazing to see the buds compact up, like the shit you normally would buy, all by themselves, I had 1 nug I had out an extra day and it was completely cured, it broke apart so beautifully, and the aroma was breathtaking, I even had a little bud that I had recently paid money for, and for the first time I could say, mine was better than the shit I paid for. It was totally cured and burned real smooth in the joint, and much stronger, I always thought that protective sheath that gets formed around the buds and crystals was some extra form of the production process, my shit is nicer looking and stronger/ better quality than half the shit I've ever smoked, no harshness at all or burning, the rest is almost done curing, im amazed at how professional it all feels. Hey hey.. Bagseed is alright...

meanwhile I ordered a new dwc 8 site complete hydroponics kit on the bay.

I'm gonna try to clone it, it would be nice, one thing I like to know though, is if you grow from a feminised seed, if you mate it with a male, do the seeds it produces come out all feminised? because if that were the case I would just mate it, and a few others as well.

Just planted my 2 Kerala x Skunk #1 free regular seeds in place of the spot where I had my bagseed, we'll see which may become female, I feel optimistic.

Ok, I read up on the auto plants, yes it will be too difficult to clone, as they and all their clones would flower at the same time period, no matter how big the cutting or plant is, so best method would be to produce seeds by having a male plant, if either of my karala's become a male, I might just do that. It's good for off season outdoor grows' if I ever were to get into that.

This is making me want to start my cheese and jedi plants already, and knowing how I can easily clone them to keep them going, but im just too afraid the smell will just become unmanageable, that many plants? jedi cheese and skunk? That I think would be impossible to contain the smell, and manage all the plants at the same time, I mean those things have got to stink.. If my bagseed was able to smell as amazing as it was, and stink pretty potently, I can't imagine these, but the end result has to be fantastic.

I'm gonna try to clone it, it would be nice, one thing I like to know though, is if you grow from a feminised seed, if you mate it with a male, do the seeds it produces come out all feminised? because if that were the case I would just mate it, and a few others as well.

no, bread with a normal male plant the seeds would be regular seeds not feminized.

no, bread with a normal male plant the seeds would be regular seeds not feminized.

Thanks, I figured out though how I can make my own feminised seeds, so what I'll do, is when it matures I'll use one of my other female plants to pollinate it by turning it male, and then I'll create my own unlimited supply batch of automax feminised seeds. I'll do this with all my different strains in order to retain seed form genetics, and save time by only producing female! If my Jedi turns into a female, I can clone it, and be the first one to have my own collection of feminised Jedi seeds! I could keep producing these plants for forever

I'm still trying to find my camera; but man, im amazed at how different just some premium strains can grow compared to bagseed, I mean, the leaves, their so thick and heavy, and shiny green, all my bagseeds I've ever grown have all been lengthy, and any leaves all felt nearly paper thin, these one's grow short, and they just feel like supremely robust plants. They look so professional im honestly blown away, the leaf's look like the one's that grow on the trees outside my house, with an almost glossly like appearance, it's amazing to see that happening artificially inside so well, they almost look fake :thedoubletake:
but beautiful though, really big difference, never seen anything like it before, im never going back, not to mention they grow easier.

My mom ended up buying me a new phone and it just happened to have a camera on it with same memory card slot as my last one, so here's some pics. The one all the way to the right is my attempt to clone my bagseed, just got that new brown pot and finished transplanting the Automax into it with some should-be-good miracle gro.
SSPX0001.jpg

SSPX0002.jpg
SSPX0003.jpg

Is that just a leaf in there?

Yeah, I don't know really how to clone yet, wasn't sure where to take a trim from, I got the root powder though, was hoping the plant was still alive enough to maybe clone it since I know it's female, and hasn't been in 12/12 light in a while, just sitting out so I assume it may be back in veg although it's not doing really anything, different parts look differently worse than others so I was experimenting

Here they are today. I was trying to use the fluorescent lighting filter on the camera, I should probably be using 6500k daylight fluorescent instead of the 2700k, for vegging, but 2700s seem to be growing it just nearly as well, i just like the look of the cooler cfls, their better on my eyes.

SSPX00224.jpg

SSPX00231.jpg
It's amazing, she hasn't even started flowering yet and she's already wreaking up my room, dank.
SSPX00242.jpg

I need to get me one of these: NEW! HYDROFARM FLCDG125D Hydroponic Fluorescent Grow Light System 125 Watt | eBay

Back
Top Bottom