Invi's Second Attempt - Some Classic Strains

invi

Hey!

So i made another grow - soon i run out, last harvest wasn't too bad but didn't last forever unfortunately.. but my friends and me had a nice time in the past year :)

The girls are
White Widow
Orange Bud
Super Lemon haze
Northern Lights Blue (NL X Blueberry)
Jack Herer (greenhouse)
all from feminized seeds, sitting in soil.

This time the place i could find is really hot, measured temps between 88 - 97; not a range the plants can survive. With some ventillation and open doors i can bring it down till 82 but it's not the best still.

The only idea i could come up with is to add CO2, but with this i introduce some great risks like increased nutrient and water uptake, suffocating myself or melting the ice caps, but im a stubborn kid :(

With CO2 they should be able to survive 95F (that's what i heard at least) so if nothing goes (too) wrong it can turn up nice too. At least they have a chance to survive.
A CO2 meter is on the way, but until then i had to find a way to handle it, so i measured the time it takes to fill a 1L milk bag with gas, then calculated the needed amount from that. I'm really curious what the ppm meter will say.. But after a week im still alive so i guess that's a good sign. I always walk in with a lit joint and a lighter in hand anyway =D

Unfortunately i have no idea what CO2 overdose can do and how to recognize it - if anyone could help me out with some pics that would be awesome! Tried to search for it but found nothing so far.

Got 2 lights again, a 400W and a 250W this time, should be enough for the 3x5 feet flowering 'tent'. Actually it has no ceiling, and one side is missing, where the vents push in the air - otherwise the heat would be impossible to manage.

I try to keep some clones too, getting through the seedling stage is really time consuming so i also built a veg tent (2x2.5) with 60W of CFLs, using plastic pipes and mylar.

The girls:
Orange Bud:

Widow

Norther Lights Blue

Lemon

Herer

And the veg tent

Few weeks later i moved them to the flowering tent

Orange Bud developed issues after repotting - have no idea what it could be, but the plant grows quickly. Same soil, same nutrients as the other 4 plants... maybe just a picky pheno..?
Doesnt look like a mobile def to me, since no intervenial chlorosis shows up. Highest EC i was using was 400, less then half of the recommended dose according to the lightest schedule.

This is the ço bottle and pipe

and the girls after 4 days of 95F with some gas - so far seems to work

So thats it so far - this co thing is a bit out of my scope - any info would be appreciated =)
I just hope i wont screw up too much, things are happening way too fast now - have to water them every 2-3 days instead of 4-6 lol..

Sooo wish me luck whoever reads it xD

woooo hooooo!!! I got the best seat in the house!
and last but not least!!! GOOD LUCK BROTHER:)

woooo hooooo!!! I got the best seat in the house!
and last but not least!!! GOOD LUCK BROTHER:)

Welcome! Happy to have you on board :) Now i dont feel so alone in this..
And good luck to you too!

Hope i can show something interesting soon, if they survive this that will be a wonder in itself :)
Its so hot in there, im really surprised they are still alive. 93F currently...

I'm here invi, I have plants do the marginal chlorosis sometimes, mine wanted nitrogen, I gave it to em and that went away, oh, and I dose em with calmag when they do that too!

Hey mcloadie - welcome on board!!

You guys got the 2 best seats so far i see :)

To be honest i have no idea what kind of deficiency/pH/stress or whatever it could be with the orange bud.. this only shows up on higher leaves since repotting.
I'm eager to flip already, but this problem makes me a bit uncertain about it.. made 2 clones/strain alerady, but they haven't rooted yet.

I had to water 3 of the girls, they were watered 1 and 2 days ago - still looked like they were about to dry out, at first i thought they got overwatered but then still fed them and now they look fine again.
I wanted a peaceful grow like last time. Instead its like an action movie i don't even know where to look :eek:

Hey mcloadie - welcome on board!!

You guys got the 2 best seats so far i see :)

To be honest i have no idea what kind of deficiency/pH/stress or whatever it could be with the orange bud.. this only shows up on higher leaves since repotting.
I'm eager to flip already, but this problem makes me a bit uncertain about it.. made 2 clones/strain alerady, but they haven't rooted yet.

I had to water 3 of the girls, they were watered 1 and 2 days ago - still looked like they were about to dry out, at first i thought they got overwatered but then still fed them and now they look fine again.
I wanted a peaceful grow like last time. Instead its like an action movie i don't even know where to look :eek:

It's ok invi................I have a feeling that your instincts will carry you through just fine +reps

It's ok invi................I have a feeling that your instincts will carry you through just fine +reps

Thanks!

This co makes things a bit... too quick :)
Not sure i can catch up, but will see - i heard the first step is the worst anyway :)

Oh and for the record - its canna terra nutes again + cannazym, and for flower ill add cannaboost, and a lil pk for a week or two later on.

I would like to add some organic stuff this time too to add a little more flavor - have no idea what that should be though..
Was thinking of simply adding cow or chicken manure perhaps towards the middle of flowering and let it be washed in the soil, - or to let some fruit mix sit in cannazym until its like a half 'digested' liquid and then feed that to the plant in late flower.
Just some random ideas - any input would be welcome!

Oh and for the record - its canna terra nutes again + cannazym, and for flower ill add cannaboost, and a lil pk for a week or two later on.

I would like to add some organic stuff this time too to add a little more flavor - have no idea what that should be though..
Was thinking of simply adding cow or chicken manure perhaps towards the middle of flowering and let it be washed in the soil, - or to let some fruit mix sit in cannazym until its like a half 'digested' liquid and then feed that to the plant in late flower.
Just some random ideas - any input would be welcome!

I like teas, the manures scare me cuz they're so hot, what I have done is go out and find real old cow patties and make tea out of that and my urine....smelly but plants loved it!

I like teas, the manures scare me cuz they're so hot, what I have done is go out and find real old cow patties and make tea out of that and my urine....smelly but plants loved it!

Hehe the 'parfume' nature has guven us :) And finally i know what's a tea around here.
So whatever i feed them it should stink, and sit for days or weeks to loose its temper.

I tried this urine trick with a plant before (mainly because of i was afraid of low pH) and people really liked the taste it had :)
Never told them, it was funny though knowing how they would react...

Hehe the 'parfume' nature has guven us :) And finally i know what's a tea around here.
So whatever i feed them it should stink, and sit for days or weeks to loose its temper.

I tried this urine trick with a plant before (mainly because of i was afraid of low pH) and people really liked the taste it had :)
Never told them, it was funny though knowing how they would react...

Not really stinkin so much, and not brewin for so long, when you're ready for an application let me know and we can discuss what YOU want in a tea. I don't tell anyone what I do with my weed plants....they wouldn't understand......LOL...but WE DO!

With that approach i kinda feel like a prehistoric wizard brewing his magic stuff :riskybusiness:

Yeah i wish i was at the tea part already, but there is a lot to do till then :)
I want some more 'heavy' earthly taste, and bring out the sweet-fruity components a bit more. Boost adds a really nice flavor, but it opresses the taste of the soil so i want to bring that back too now.
Never brew a tea ever, don't know how this works, but i think i miss something there.

With that approach i kinda feel like a prehistoric wizard brewing his magic stuff :riskybusiness:

Yeah i wish i was at the tea part already, but there is a lot to do till then :)
I want some more 'heavy' earthly taste, and bring out the sweet-fruity components a bit more. Boost adds a really nice flavor, but it opresses the taste of the soil so i want to bring that back too now.
Never brew a tea ever, don't know how this works, but i think i miss something there.

Every tea you make will be designed to serve the plants the way you want it to, the tea I make for seedlings is different from the tea for plants in veg or flower. You put in the necessary components for the particular stage of growth, plant size, plant health, and hopefully with your plants current and immediate future needs. You will develop the skills necessary to accomplish this through experience, study, application of fundamentals of growing, and the "sense" that you will develop. I follow NO set schedule when ammending soil or applying nutrients ect.. I play it all by ear, and being familiar with the strains I work with anticipating every need BEFORE it's needed.

It's the first time i grow these strains, also the co2 is completely new. I hope i can settle with 3 strains or so and get familiar with them. For now i'll be happy if i can keep them alive throughout flowering. If temps rise another 5 degs, no amount of co2 will help them..
With the flip i can run the lights only at night time with cooler air, so i have to start flowering before the weather gets 'better'.

Weird, they show signs similar to nute burn, but there are also all kind of deficiencies starting to appear below.
Confusing... at 400 ec o,O

Every leaf tip is yellow

below

Not sure if they can get much more dense, and if they do how will i be able to vent them..
12 is such a nice number anyway :)

Can you get me a real clear photo close up of the leaves or leaf in question? I wish you could get the heat down a bit, we have to eliminate the most obvious things that could be causing these probs.

Sure, i tried to make some shots without the hps, impossible to color correct that spectra..
I could get the heat down till maybe 84F, i keep it around 88-90 now though, since that and the closed door are supposed to work better with co.
Problem is, the 84F seems to still generate heat stress and it means i have to keep the garden door wide open which is not too stealty, and also i cannot raise the girls heat tolerance with the gas.

They are starting to be root bound too i think, but i cant fit much bigger pots in there - thought 10gal will be fine..

These are images of the burnt tips:

N&P&K def i guess - they consumed the 10gal pot already it seems. I'd gladly feed them more than 400ec, if it wasn't for the tips..

I thought this is Mg (this is an upper leaf, if it was N it would show below, not above)

I supplied a little Mg mono a few days ago, might be the RO filter was too clean. I will use the pre salted tap when not feeding from now on.

This is the Orange Bud, these signs started with repotting, and now they seem to cease - this plant grows the quickest surprisingly. No idea what this could be at all...

I think the heat stress shows pretty well on every leaf. It actually does not look as bad as with 84F and no co. Also they are getting within 10" from the 250w bulb and about 15" from the 400w. Maybe i should raise the lights as well..

Anyway, thanks for taking a look =)
cheers!

Good idea to raise the light a little....maybe to 20 or 24", with the heat issues we have to make sure that we don't confuse one issue for another. Your plants are just a little young for the leaves to be "tipping" like that, mine do that only in flower. I don't think they're rootbound.....my plants in flower in two gallon pots are still ok, and have a ways to go. Try this bro, just give em water and mollasses for a coupla waterings and see if some of the symptoms get better, they don't look to be in any real danger right now.....the heat is my main concern, they must be using alot of water at those temps.

good weed Invi:)
thank you for the Reps brother:)

good weed Invi:)

Thanks Sire! :) I hope you will say that after 2 months too!

Good idea to raise the light a little....maybe to 20 or 24", with the heat issues we have to make sure that we don't confuse one issue for another. Your plants are just a little young for the leaves to be "tipping" like that, mine do that only in flower. I don't think they're rootbound.....my plants in flower in two gallon pots are still ok, and have a ways to go. Try this bro, just give em water and mollasses for a coupla waterings and see if some of the symptoms get better, they don't look to be in any real danger right now.....the heat is my main concern, they must be using alot of water at those temps.

The girls are 79 days old atm, i veg'd them in small pots for some time since i wasn't sure if i can find a flower room at all.
So then i drop the nutes, give clear water (60~120 ec), unless the deficiencies get worse by the time the light starts.
Actually the leaf tips got worse as their height was rising - could be heat related...? Looks so similar to nute burn.

Another possibility is that i used seedling soil initially, and then repotted to an universal soil mix - quite good quality, but their pH might be different. So there is a soil block in the pot with 6-7 pH, and it is surrounded by the other soil with 5.5-6.5 pH.

Do you guys think i could flip? Or it will get messed up with the isues they are having already?

Thanks Sire! :) I hope you will say that after 2 months too!

The girls are 79 days old atm, i veg'd them in small pots for some time since i wasn't sure if i can find a flower room at all.
So then i drop the nutes, give clear water (60~120 ec), unless the deficiencies get worse by the time the light starts.
Actually the leaf tips got worse as their height was rising - could be heat related...? Looks so similar to nute burn.

Another possibility is that i used seedling soil initially, and then repotted to an universal soil mix - quite good quality, but their pH might be different. So there is a soil block in the pot with 6-7 pH, and it is surrounded by the other soil with 5.5-6.5 pH.

Do you guys think i could flip? Or it will get messed up with the isues they are having already?

I would say it's ok to flip em.

Back
Top Bottom