First Time Grow!

randylahey420

I just started growing last week, maybe 2 weeks ago and ive been looking up everything there is to know about growing cannabis but the sudden changes in my plants and the slow grow rate has me a bit concerned. I know you exp growers hate these question and may think its stupid but im just looking for some reassurance and tips.
Im going to post the problem I just ran into with my baby and maybe someone can help me out.

we all love weed so help the newbies like me out:p :420:

2013-06-13_18_35_08.jpg
2013-06-14_10_09_16.jpg
2013-06-15_17_44_17.jpg
2013-06-16_11_58_57.jpg
2013-06-17_21_00_59.jpg
2013-06-18_21_34_05.jpg
2013-06-19_23_19_55.jpg
2013-06-20_09_04_16.jpg

subscribed. you want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil. in the future i would not use compressed peat moss pots, i would use solid 5-6 inch pots or beer cups with holes made in the bottom.

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Nice little ones! :yummy:.

When plants are that small, they are developing roots as the main task, so growth in the surface goes slower. Plant in the left might be more susceptible to Unbalanced PH!, make sure you let it dry properly before watering them again, other wise root development will be slower!. As well, dont use tin foil as reflector, it absorbs light instead of reflecting it!!. White mate surfaces will do better then that.

Ill subb to see how this develops! :Namaste:

You can start with nutes, after they have about 4 pair of true fan leaves :)! looking good! for now, if you can get some ATA Power Root, or Canna Rhizotonic, in mild doses, its the only thing I would dare feeding them with.
Irie

Dont cut the leave, I cant see really well how bad it is, but if its brown and crispy, let it fall by herself, or cut the end tips!.

Hi Randylahey420,

Just wanted to drop in and welcome you to 420 magazine and the community of like minded folks that gathers here. I suspect you will find that folks that gather here to be kind, generous and sincerely interested in seeing others success.

Pretty new to indoor growing myself but wanted to contribute in any small way I can. There really isn't a need to cut leaves off any of your plants at this time. Your plants will drop some leaves from time to time as they no longer need them, but I wait until the leaves are so yellow and droopy that just fall off into my hand when I gently touch them.

I think your plants look good so far. Another thing I've discovered as an indoor newbie is to not compare my plants to other peoples. I see journals all the time (big fan of other peoples journals!) where someone has a really young plant that is just monsterous. While I aspire to this type of growth, I've learned that many of these growers have been doing this for 20 or 30 years or longer and know just how far and fast to push their girls. They have their nutrient dosages, lights, temperatures, etc... all lined out and down to a virtual science.

I on the other hand have found benefit in approaching mine with a paraphrased quote from hippocrates of "First do no harm"! Seriously, while I try to nurture as much as possible my main goal is to arrive a harvest without having killed any.

I hope you enjoy the website, the community, and your grow as much as I.

Again, welcome and happy growing!

i would wait until your plants have 5 nodes of leaves and are 5 inches tall then begin giving 1/4 strength nutrients. i would not cut the leaves from your plant yet, the leaves are still providing some energy to your plant.

Btw I got these seeds from a oz I bought so its an unknown strain, anyway Ive got 6 plants going right now but they are all days or weeks apart so I will only be showing the original 2 until all the plants are in the flowering stage. heres a picture of the healthiest of them all:thumb: Day 15 and 16
2013-06-29_19_54_55.jpg
2013-06-30_10_48_22.jpg

Back
Top Bottom