KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

What strain is it? LA Confidential
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 100% Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? vegetative switching to flower
If in Veg... For how long? 65.7 days, 29.8 days since topped at 4 nodes 15 days under 400 watt Metal Halide
If in Flower stage... For how long? switching to flower
Indoor or outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil
If soil... what is in your mix? composted mater amended with minerals, Mycorrhizae
If soil... What size pot? 5 gallons
Size of light? 400 watt Metal Halide/400 watt High Pressure Sodium digital Lumatek ballast
Is it aircooled? yes 6 inch cooltube
Temp of Room/cab? 24-29 Celsius 75-84 Fahrenheit
RH of Room/cab? 50%-60%
PH of media or res? pH 6.5
Any Pests ? none yet
How often are you watering? every 3 days
Type and strength of ferts used? General Hydroponics Flora series

i would like to welcome everyone to my Seed Cabinet LA Confidential journal. i plan to regularly update this journal with photographs and video when Labexperiment brings over his video camera. my partner in this is my friend Labexperiment. Labexperiment and I have constructed a seed cabinet with a 6 inch carbon filter, 6 inch cooltube, 400 watt digital Lumatek ballast, exhausted outdoors. Labexperiment is an organic grower and has mixed up his batch of composted mater, rock minerals, gypsum, perlite. this is my first experience with this mixture so i have left the composition up to him. General Hydroponics Flora series nutrients are the nutrients that are going to be used for this grow. Labexperiment germinated the seed and has grown the plant under a 2' t5 florescent light until it was 6" tall and then topped at 4 nodes. I received the cannabis plant 14 days later and placed it under a 400 watt Metal Halide light. Mycorrhizae has been added to the roots during transplant from 1 gallon to a 5 gallon pot. I trained the plant down so its secondary branches would develop into separate tops. the plant has been fed General Hydroponics flora series nutrients at 5 millilitres per gallon. the lower leaves have just yellowed indicating that it requires more nitrogen. it will be switched to a flowering nutrient schedule.

LA Confidential

Details
This is a great medical strain as it relieves pain and helps eliminate insomnia. For the everyday user, the high of this herb is psychedelic and energetic, with a hammer. This girl is a heavy eater. There are two real phenotypes of the Confidential and they will both finish in 45-56 days. One is a bit more hardy, but both equal in knock down drag out stone. Pre-veg’ing is advised to maximize the yield. Thinning the large fan leaves in the later part of the flower cycle will promote more light getting to the lower buds, thus increasing your yield. With an incredible smell and unique LA flavor, DNA’ s LA Confidential has won many awards. 1st Battle of the Bridge 2009 (independent grower) 1st Indica HT Cannabis Cup 2008* 1st Kush Cup Las Vegas 2007 (independent grower) 1st Indica IC420 Breederscup 2005 2nd Bio Highlife Cup 2009 2nd Indica HT Cannabis Cup 2005 3rd Indica HT Cannabis Cup 2004 3rd Kush Cup Las Vegas 2006 Strain of the Year 2006 Hightimes

here is the seed cabinet

100_01496.JPG

here is the thermometer mounted on the front of the seed cabinet

100_01505.JPG

here is the power bar, Lumatek digital 400 watt ballast, timer, air pump for Deep Water Culture

100_01513.JPG

here is the exhaust with 8 inch reduced to 6 inch inline fan mounted to the seed cabinet with angle iron

100_01536.JPG

here is the 6 inch exhaust pipe mounted to a closed off window.

100_01546.JPG

here is the light baffle

100_01553.JPG

Diy_Light_Baffle.jpg

here is the inside of the seed cabinet

100_01632.JPG

here is the 6 inch carbon filter hung with strapping by carabiners to eye hooks

100_01613.JPG

here is the 6 inch cooltube reflector hung by carabiners to chains hung to eye hooks

100_01623.JPG

100_01594.JPG

100_01565.JPG

100_01657.JPG

100_01644.JPG
100_01576.JPG
100_01583.JPG

Oh yeah.Sweet brother.I was wondering when I would see a grow.I am strapped in and ready.Your setup looks great! :thumb:

Also I noticed we have the same style air pump. I got a cheap little oil breather filter and put it on and it really helped out. Not only does it help keep the pump free of dust but it also made it alot quieter. And I forgot to mention before super clean setup you have there king!

IMAG1871.jpg

When you say light baffle, this is a light proof air intake, right? Very cool.

What is the size of the cabinet? Sorry if I missed it.

I really like your clean and organized set up.

This grow will get a lot of action because this is something so many people can do on a light budget.

Love the cool tubes for small spaces. I run one in my veg area, but I can't get plants that close to it!

After you change to 12/12, will you continue with the metal halide for a couple weeks? Or switch to HPS right away?

I'll be following your journal.

Pulling up a chair & thanks for the invite KingJohnC!:thanks:

Subbed!

Looks like a great set up.

By the way, a big congratulations for the Member of The Month!!!

thank you kindly

Very nice, John. Lovely box :)
Very clear descriptions. Plusreps. :thumb:

Is the DWC a future plan? or are you going to take cuttings from Mummy Confidential's lower limbs?

Pray tell, 'tis intriguing :)

the Deep Water Culture is a plan that i had after some difficulty we have since switched to a mineralized compost mixture of Labexperiments blend. the topped portion from LA Confidential has been rooted and now is a foot tall, it will provide clones.

When you say light baffle, this is a light proof air intake, right? Very cool.

What is the size of the cabinet? Sorry if I missed it.

I really like your clean and organized set up.

This grow will get a lot of action because this is something so many people can do on a light budget.

Love the cool tubes for small spaces. I run one in my veg area, but I can't get plants that close to it!

After you change to 12/12, will you continue with the metal halide for a couple weeks? Or switch to HPS right away?

I'll be following your journal.

the seed cabinets dimensions are 55 1/8"x 29 1/8"x 69 1/8" very similar to some tent sizes. the light baffle is a light proof entrance for air. the High Pressure Sodium light bulb has now been switched in and will begin 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness at midnight tonight.

Back
Top Bottom