A New Top LED Panel for Testing

Hey folks

I and a couple other folks have been given LED panels to test. I have been given this light

192x3w - $496.84 : TOPLEDGROWLIGH, Solutions Limited,LED GROWLIGHT,LED BULB,LED TUBE,grow lights,t5 grow light,hps grow light,fluorescent grow light,grow light bulb,grow light bulbs,marijuana grow light,growing light,cfl grow light,indoor grow light,

It is a large panel with both VEG and BLOOM settings. I plan to take a plant from seedling to bloom as a test.

The thread that has all the players is here

Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

First impressions...

The unit was packed well and was lighter than some smaller panels I have. This unit was half the depth of other panels I have, SWEET! It was very cool that I got real instructions, a nice introductory card and coupons.

DSC_3126_box.jpg

Two BIG issues for me right out of the box. First the power cord. AHHHHHHH 6'? AHHHHHH Folks these lights go on the ceiling and the power cord needs to be at least 12' right? and the one that came did not seem, industrial strength, more of a computer cord. Second the light harness. The light harness seemed strong enough to hold up the light...but...it connected all four corners to one clasp. I have learned one fail point will fail. So I got another harness and now have two fail points and soon I will have four. Can you tell I have had a panel smash plants before? Anyway 12' heavy duty power cord and at least 2 fail points for a harness would be nice.

Then I turned it over and checked the work side... cool. Each diode has its own reflector.

DSC_3128_box.jpg

I replaced a 400 watt MH hood with this light and its footprint is very similar, I was impressed by that. I have decided to grow from seedling to bud the way most folks would do. I have only used the veg lights. I want to turn them all on!! but I am not gonna do it for two reasons, first cause that is what many folks will do and second I want to save power damn it!

Veg setting on

DSC_3136_on.jpg

And finally set up

DSC_3131_top.jpg

No flash

DSC_3129_on.jpg

Thank you SmokeSara and TopLED folks I will try to do you proud.[/QUOTE]

Found you! Subbed. I was interested in their reflector series and the 5w they have interested in seeing your results buck and your thoughts on it. Good times ahead I hope.

What are your thoughts on the light this far as far as light quality etc.

Front row Buckshot,

I"m following BID's grow with the other panel from Sara as well. I've been interested in LED's for a while and have read a lot of Hosebombers and few others info on LED's but just haven't pulled the trigger on getting one as I haven't seen a concensus on any particular supplier.

Be well and happy growing!

Found you! Subbed. I was interested in their reflector series and the 5w they have interested in seeing your results buck and your thoughts on it. Good times ahead I hope.

What are your thoughts on the light this far as far as light quality etc.

It is hard to say. I did not take it apart before I hung it. Outside this light seems very well built. I do wonder what happens if I have a diode failure? Will I just loose one panel or all four? I will ask Sara about this when she is up to it.

Front row Buckshot,

I"m following BID's grow with the other panel from Sara as well. I've been interested in LED's for a while and have read a lot of Hosebombers and few others info on LED's but just haven't pulled the trigger on getting one as I haven't seen a concensus on any particular supplier.

Be well and happy growing!

Hosebomber is a wealth of knowledge. At the rate these new seedlings are growing you should not have long to wait :cheesygrinsmiley:

OK some news

I transplanted the babies to approx 1/4 inch to the leaves. Today they grew as you see. These two strains are new to me so I can't tell for sure but they may be stretching too fast, I may move them closer...

DSC_3138_babies.jpg

all our lights, if one led burnt out, it will not affect other leds working. it has protect diode beside each led.

Cool!... Then what? can the user replace a panel or does it have to go back?

they can replace themself. no need to go back. ship back will cost much.
Cool!... Then what? can the user replace a panel or does it have to go back?

they can replace themself. no need to go back. ship back will cost much.

This is really good news. I have had a LED fail on a "cluster", the entire cluster started to "blink" I had to pull the panel, open it, pull the cluster, put it back up, wait for parts, take it down, fix and finally put back in service.

It sounds like if I have a failure with this panel I will only loose one led, I can then contact Top LED get a replacement and pull the light once to fix. If that is the way it goes it will be MUCH better than my experience above.

Cool

yes, if there is a failure, only one led loose.but we do not have customer told us led failure untill now.

I am glad you have not had failures, that is even better news. Not having to fix anything is the best scenario. It is important for folks making a decision to know what will happen in the event of a problem and it sounds like it will be easy and have little impact on the grow.

I like that

Looking good Buck im subbed, was they're manufacturers rec's for heights above seedlings?

Hey Jon

Yes there was a card with recommended distances ... I spilled my bong on it :oops:. Lucky I took a pic :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC_3126_box.jpg

I can actually read the original image. I don't really give a care for recommendations but they are right at the 1.5 -2' mark after putting them in their new "pots" aka dixie cups

Actually I put this at the same distance the 400 watt MH was. I needed this height for all the other plants that occupied that space, I do want to see if that few LEDS will veg the same area as the hood. So far the other plants are doing just fine. I even have a clone I thought I killed come back. If the seedlings need more light I will move them closer rather than lower the light. If this panel can veg the same area on veg setting it will represent a significant reduction in energy consumption over the 400 watt hood :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom